Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #1
twoplustwins
DIS Veteran

Just back from CSR - pros and cons

We just returned from a week vacation at CSR. Check-in was really quick. I had requested the Cabanas section but was placed in Ranchos building 7A second floor. I did not say anything as I thought I would check it out first. It turned out to be a great location for us. We had a view of the courtyard which I think was quieter than a view of the parking lot. We were close to a bus stop and not far from the big pool. We were, however, quite a distance from the main building. That was okay with us because we never ate there.

Our room was very clean. We had the room tidied up every other day. We did request extra towels once and they were brought to us within ten minutes. We did not hear noise from the other rooms, only kids running by occasionally.

The bus service was good. We waited usually 5-8 minutes at the bus stop. Only once did we have to wait about 15 minutes. We must have just missed one. At times the buses were crowded. I think we only had to stand twice.

The main pool was great. The CMs were super friendly. They had campfires with marshmallows every night. The lifeguards were great too. One lifeguard had to pull out a little girl. Unfortunately her parents were off somewhere else. The lifeguard talked to her brother? but she got back in. Thankfully she stayed at the steps.

One evening we took a stroll around the resort. It was very beautiful and peaceful. DD8 loved all the flowers.

Overall, I would recommend this resort. We had a GREAT time!
twoplustwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:10 AM   #2
klangkat
Mouseketeer

Thanks for posting this, and I'm glad you had a great time
We've booked to stay here for two weeks next September, so I'm excited to hear all about it!

klangkat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #3
twoplustwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klangkat View Post
Thanks for posting this, and I'm glad you had a great time
We've booked to stay here for two weeks next September, so I'm excited to hear all about it!
There is a lot of great info on the main CSR thread. Have a great time!
twoplustwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #4
kapoof
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the review! Isn't it amazing how people don't look after their kids? I recall one thread of a boy who drowned at pop and I asked where the parents were and some of the comments were unbelievable about not blaming the parents. All I did was ask a question...your story makes me think people who made rude comments are probably like the ones who left that little girl unwatched! Glad you had a good stay otherwise.

me dh ds

2006 wilderness lodge 2007 beach club
2008 dolphin
2010 downtown disney hilton/ poly cl :
2011 akl . 2013 bwi and dream cruise

there are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, the other is getting it...oscar wilde
kapoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:09 PM   #5
AntFarm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplustwins View Post
We just returned from a week vacation at CSR. Check-in was really quick. I had requested the Cabanas section but was placed in Ranchos building 7A second floor. I did not say anything as I thought I would check it out first. It turned out to be a great location for us. We had a view of the courtyard which I think was quieter than a view of the parking lot. We were close to a bus stop and not far from the big pool. We were, however, quite a distance from the main building. That was okay with us because we never ate there.

Our room was very clean. We had the room tidied up every other day. We did request extra towels once and they were brought to us within ten minutes. We did not hear noise from the other rooms, only kids running by occasionally.

The bus service was good. We waited usually 5-8 minutes at the bus stop. Only once did we have to wait about 15 minutes. We must have just missed one. At times the buses were crowded. I think we only had to stand twice.

The main pool was great. The CMs were super friendly. They had campfires with marshmallows every night. The lifeguards were great too. One lifeguard had to pull out a little girl. Unfortunately her parents were off somewhere else. The lifeguard talked to her brother? but she got back in. Thankfully she stayed at the steps.

One evening we took a stroll around the resort. It was very beautiful and peaceful. DD8 loved all the flowers.

Overall, I would recommend this resort. We had a GREAT time!

Were you able to get connecting rooms? We are considering CSR for our next vacation. I read somewhere that because its a convention hotel they don't have as many connecting rooms?
AntFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:48 PM   #6
Andrea817
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntFarm View Post

Were you able to get connecting rooms? We are considering CSR for our next vacation. I read somewhere that because its a convention hotel they don't have as many connecting rooms?
Every room I have ever stayed at in CSR has had a door connecting it to another room. I have never needed connecting rooms myself but I can safely say there is a good amount of them. I have only ever been placed in the Ranchos section though so I can only speak for that location
Andrea817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:04 PM   #7
stormer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntFarm View Post
We stayed in a preferred room in February and I don't remember there being a connecting door. I will try to look back in my pictures.
October 1994 Port Orleans / Oct. 1996 Caribbean Beach Resort / Oct. 1999 Off site / Oct. 2004 Contemporary Resort / Oct. 2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge / Aug.2007 Port Orleans Riverside / April 2008 Saratoga Springs Villas & Wilderness Lodge Villas/ Oct. 2008 Old Key West / Feb. 2009 Polynesian Resort / Aug. 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ Feb. 2010 Carribbean Beach Resort / Aug. 2010 Bay Lake Tower / Feb. 2011 Grand Floridian and Beach Club Villas / Aug. 2011 Boardwalk Villas / Aug. 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ Feb. 2013 Coronado Springs / Aug. 2013 Boardwalk Villas / Feb. 2014 Coronado Springs / Aug. 2014 Old Key West
stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:46 PM   #8
DizDaD7
DIS Veteran

This is our Favorite non deluxe & if if weren't for being DVC owners this would be our home resort for years to come. Glad you had a great time at CSR.

1997- Buenavista Hotel/Spa--HoneyMoon--WDW 25thB-day
2000- Allstar Music---Milennium Year!!
2003- Allstar Movies
2006- Off Site/ House
2007- PoP Century
2008- PoP Century
2010- Coronado Springs--->Oct.29-Nov7.
2011- Port Orleans Riverside-->Nov3-Nov11
2012- Boardwalk Villas--->Aug. 21-Sep.1
2013- AKV JH--->Apr5-Apr13..2014- Grand Cal.Villas--->Feb.15-22
2014- AKV--->Nov.1-9
DizDaD7 is offline   Reply With Quote