DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-10-2013, 02:05 PM   #1
kaylee1006
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 59

DVC Tour

Can anyone give me information regarding the DVC Tour? How long does it take? Do they offer any incentives? Can we bring the kiddos? Where does it take place? Etc. TIA
kaylee1006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #2
com_op_2000
DVC Member since '93
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: One hour from WDW
Posts: 2,769

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylee1006 View Post
Can anyone give me information regarding the DVC Tour? How long does it take? Do they offer any incentives? Can we bring the kiddos? Where does it take place? Etc. TIA
How long does it take? 1 - 2.5 hours depending on the number of questions you ask/details you want, your interest level, etc
Do they offer any incentives? Sometimes
Can we bring the kiddos? Yes, there is a play area.
Where does it take place? SSR
__________________
Do whatever makes you and your family happy (From the Haunted Mansion DVD)
com_op_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #3
kaylee1006
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 59

Thanks! Do you know what hours the tours are available? I'm hoping to convince DH to go next month and late afternoon might be my best shot.
kaylee1006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #4
disneynutz


Earning My Ears One At A Time
 
disneynutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North Texas
Posts: 17,751

You need to understand that the salesperson who pitches the sale, becomes your Guide even if you buy later or buy resale. Make sure that you like the person and that you feel comfortable doing business with him/her.

Bill
__________________

disneynutz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:18 PM   #5
rlovew
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 13,066
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylee1006 View Post
Thanks! Do you know what hours the tours are available? I'm hoping to convince DH to go next month and late afternoon might be my best shot.
They are available from about 8 am till around 5pm I believe. If you want to do this you can set something up before your trip or at any DVC kiosk. They will pick you up from anywhere on property and bring you back to anywhere on property that you want to go. The 2 places do not need to be the same. You get ice cream at the end of the tour so it makes a nice way to take a break in the afternoon. You can even change parks when you go back if you have hopper tickets.
__________________
Me and DH
rlovew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:38 PM   #6
goneviral
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_op_2000 View Post
Where does it take place? SSR
So only one resort, Saratoga Springs, has timeshare seminars but all of them have showrooms to tour?
goneviral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:46 PM   #7
dbs1228
DIS Veteran
 
dbs1228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 2,102

Quote:
Originally Posted by goneviral View Post
So only one resort, Saratoga Springs, has timeshare seminars but all of them have showrooms to tour?
When we went on the tour they had the 2 latest models (selling units) set up to show which was a BLT room and a AKV room. Not sure what units they have now.
__________________
1995 - 2010 Ft Wilderness Cabins every year! OKW, BLT 2010 & 2011 AKV 2011 THV 2012




dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:12 PM   #8
rlovew
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 13,066
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by goneviral

So only one resort, Saratoga Springs, has timeshare seminars but all of them have showrooms to tour?
The whole DVC showroom is at SSR. Right now they have models for grand floridian, animal kingdom, and Auluni set up. Any other resorts you want to see I believe you have to check and see if they have anything available to see.
__________________
Me and DH
rlovew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:19 AM   #9
gibbow
Mouseketeer
 
gibbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Northern California
Posts: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz
You need to understand that the salesperson who pitches the sale, becomes your Guide even if you buy later or buy resale. Make sure that you like the person and that you feel comfortable doing business with him/her.

Bill
Woah I definitely was unaware and glad we decided to hold off after our open house. The salesperson seemed to speak down to us assuming that just because we are young we could not afford it... is there any place on this site at all where people can recommend guides? When, not if, we decide to take the plunge, I would love to have a great guide!!
__________________


With my family CR 3x
With high school All Star 1x
On my own dime... SSR-May '13
gibbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #10
Sadie22
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,090

I received an email invitation, seemingly out of the blue, to take a mini-tour via telephone. A guide explained the process briefly on the phone, and will send me a gift card for my participation to use on our trip later this year. Really easy and no pressure. I've never received a pin code, but I feel like I've received a prize! They sent me email links to video and text to view with DH.

We did a timeshare presentation in Virginia once, and then years later when we had forgotten just how awful it was, we did one in Las Vegas. Disney's approach is so different. I didn't know that, which is why we've never done a DVC presentation while at WDW.
Sadie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:13 AM   #11
FlipHipster
Blackbelt in Mixed Martial Arts and Crafts
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NC
Posts: 363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadie22 View Post
I received an email invitation, seemingly out of the blue, to take a mini-tour via telephone. A guide explained the process briefly on the phone, and will send me a gift card for my participation to use on our trip later this year. Really easy and no pressure. I've never received a pin code, but I feel like I've received a prize! They sent me email links to video and text to view with DH.

We did a timeshare presentation in Virginia once, and then years later when we had forgotten just how awful it was, we did one in Las Vegas. Disney's approach is so different. I didn't know that, which is why we've never done a DVC presentation while at WDW.
Did you ever request a DVD or anything from Disney? I played the DVC sweepstakes game online earlier this year and started getting mail. Got the dvd in the mail and few days later they started calling. I'm not sure if they offered the mini-tour via phone (spoke to my wife) but wouldn't mind doing that from home vs. spending park time listening to someone sell me a dream I have already sold myself.

We were hoping to visit the resorts and look around on our trip this fall. I don't really care about doing the whole pitch. I just want to visit the resorts I haven't seen yet and ask if we can look at an empty room if one is available. Is this unrealistic?
FlipHipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:51 AM   #12
blessed2BaMama
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 27

FYI, We brought our children through the tour rather than leaving them in the play area as we wanted them to know what was going on and what we were considering. THe guide was fine with that...Also, they said that tours generally last one hour but we spent more time asking questions. The guide gets an idea of your interest and if he sees you are not a strong sale, he may go faster than the planned time, they are VERY good and trained to recognize interest!
blessed2BaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:53 PM   #13
Sadie22
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipHipster View Post
Did you ever request a DVD or anything from Disney? I played the DVC sweepstakes game online earlier this year and started getting mail. Got the dvd in the mail and few days later they started calling. I'm not sure if they offered the mini-tour via phone (spoke to my wife) but wouldn't mind doing that from home vs. spending park time listening to someone sell me a dream I have already sold myself.

We were hoping to visit the resorts and look around on our trip this fall. I don't really care about doing the whole pitch. I just want to visit the resorts I haven't seen yet and ask if we can look at an empty room if one is available. Is this unrealistic?
I've gotten a couple of online surveys to complete since making a reservation for a trip later this year. I remember looking at the DVC sweepstakes game but not playing it. I paid off my trip recently and was talking to the CM about planning a future trip. Something triggered the email, but I'm not sure what it was. The DVC person said if we bought now, we could convert my upcoming trip to points.
Sadie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #14
bighoo93
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 363

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
You need to understand that the salesperson who pitches the sale, becomes your Guide even if you buy later or buy resale. Make sure that you like the person and that you feel comfortable doing business with him/her.

Bill
Wow, I didn't know that. I liked our salesperson, but we didn't end up buying direct. Under what circumstances would I interact with this guide?
bighoo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #15
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac
 
stargazertechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,959

Does anyone know (and is it allowed to be answered) what the current tour incentives are?

We've done the tour twice now, fairly sure we'll be buying in the next 2 years, but we'd love to see the Auluni and GF models, and my mom has never been on the tour, and she'd be using our points probably as much as we would be, especially after kiddos come into the picture.
__________________
14 Trips total including POFQ, ASMU, CBR, AKL, WL, POP, and a trip to Disneyland!

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
stargazertechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.