Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-10-2013, 11:56 AM   #31
jcarwash
DIS Veteran
 
jcarwash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,331

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
Last year (if not the year prior as well) late August was not available under FD.

My guess is that it's a very popular time for those coming from the NE, where classes don't start until after Labor Day.
US 2011 public free dining dates started with Aug 19th arrivals. black562 noted above that 2012 free dining started on Aug 25th.

But I do agree with your guess that late August can still draw from areas where school starts in September. (Not all of New England towns start after Labor Day, however, depending on the town they may start in late August.)
__________________

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR

Last edited by jcarwash; 06-10-2013 at 12:06 PM.
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #32
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran
 
disneyfantotheend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,649

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Don't lose hope on a PIN just yet, you could all still receive one.

Then again, I've been going since 1973 and I've never had one...go figure.
I don't really feel I am meant to have that pin. I would say the reason you don't get them is because you DO go all the time. No need to offer big incentives. But I know that their pin code system has absolutely no rhyme or reason behind it. I know people who always go regardless and still get the pins, so who knows. I don't even think Disney marketing does.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-10-2013, 12:05 PM   #33
Seeker615
DIS Veteran
 
Seeker615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 818

I really want to start booking a trip in November but will not be able to until I get a pin or they release an offer!

I used to get pins all the time and this year all I got was a postcard type thing about Disney with some rate quotes. (None that were good I might add)

Keeping my fingers crossed as I want to be in Disney for my 30th anniversary!
Seeker615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:15 PM   #34
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r
 
Sylkie31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Posts: 509

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker615 View Post
I really want to start booking a trip in November but will not be able to until I get a pin or they release an offer!

I used to get pins all the time and this year all I got was a postcard type thing about Disney with some rate quotes. (None that were good I might add)

Keeping my fingers crossed as I want to be in Disney for my 30th anniversary!
When you book the trip with Disney, they won't charge for the whole thing until 45 days before your check-in date. So, depending on deposit requirements (if any), you could still book so you can have better chance of getting the resort & room type you want and cancel before the 45 day mark if it's not going to work out for you - or modify the reservation if needed.
For ADRs, most restaurants only have a 24 hour cancellation notice before they charge a late cancel/no-show fee so you could make your ADRs & cancel/modify those as needed.
__________________



Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #35
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran
 
HBGdancermom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NC
Posts: 2,300

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
Well you know I am with you!



Quote:
Originally Posted by alylyn80 View Post
I think I accidentally posted this on another thread...ooopps.

I usually am a reader and rarely a poster, but I can't help myself on this one! how exciting!

I am a single mom, and the one thing I really splurge on every year is a trip with my two children 9 & 5 to Disney. It's always been one of those things I have been able to take pride in budgeting for and I know my kids will look back on and remember doing with me while they were young.

I was really discouraged this year, not getting a pin (I rarely have over 7 years of travelling to Disney!) and then hearing rumors we may not get a discount.

For someone like me (and I am sure many of you as well) it makes or breaks my trip to get free dining (or something equivalent).

I am doing my happy dance at work today! This post just totally made my day!



Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
I don't really feel I am meant to have that pin. I would say the reason you don't get them is because you DO go all the time. No need to offer big incentives. But I know that their pin code system has absolutely no rhyme or reason behind it. I know people who always go regardless and still get the pins, so who knows. I don't even think Disney marketing does.
I have only been one other time and never gotten one either. Don't I need incentive to come back.......No rhyme or reason it seems...
__________________
DH, me, DS14, DS11, DD7
_____________________________________________
Previous trips - Oct. 2011 Doubletree, Oct. 2013 Beach Club CL, April 2014 Yacht Club CL, February 2015 Boardwalk Inn CL
___________________________________________
HBGdancermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:03 PM   #36
btirendi
KingPin
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 21

I am really hopeful of either getting a Pin (which I never have received) or getting a GP offer. I have the Disney VISA - does anyone know the number to call if an offer comes out and it goes thru VISA first. I want to save on any device I have. Thanks
btirendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #37
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r
 
Sylkie31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Posts: 509

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirendi View Post
I am really hopeful of either getting a Pin (which I never have received) or getting a GP offer. I have the Disney VISA - does anyone know the number to call if an offer comes out and it goes thru VISA first. I want to save on any device I have. Thanks
You would call the regular Disney reservations line to have the FD discount applied to your reservation (or make a reservation w/ the discount offer).
(407) 939-5277 or 407-939-7211
__________________



Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:28 PM   #38
mchelle77
DIS Veteran
 
mchelle77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: from Boston, live in NH now
Posts: 793

Subbing ...

We went the first 10 days on November back in 2009 and got free dining. We're considering going again this November and would LOVE to get it again! We stayed in a value last time to add a day, but now with our daughter in elementary school (she was in preschool then) we don't want her to miss a ton of days. But we have a number in mind, we could go with the moderate we want if we could get free dining.

Could someone remind me - if we book and then free dining is offered, can we just call and have them adjust it?
__________________
The "I Can't Keep A Secret" Pre-Trip Report

First trip - 03/97 (1 week)
Second trip - 02/00 (1 week)
Third trip (Honeymoon!) - 06/03 (2 weeks)
Fourth trip - 11/01/09 (10 days, DD's 1st trip there)
Next Trip - 11/30/13 (1 week - Surprise for our daughter!)
DISNEY CRUISE just booked April 2015!
mchelle77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:34 PM   #39
morepsi1
Mouseketeer
 
morepsi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 104

Subscribing. We have a trip planned for October and would really like some sort of discount. Free Dining would be great!
__________________
ME45 DH42 DD13
JUNE 2004 - ASM, DEC. 2004 - POR, NOV. 2005 - CB, MAY 2006 - CSR, OCT. 2007 - WL, OCT. 2010 - POP, Oct. 2011 - ASMo, Oct. 2013 - AOA
morepsi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:40 PM   #40
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf
 
plutospalforever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Notre Dame Fightin' Irish Country
Posts: 1,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchelle77 View Post
Subbing ...

We went the first 10 days on November back in 2009 and got free dining. We're considering going again this November and would LOVE to get it again! We stayed in a value last time to add a day, but now with our daughter in elementary school (she was in preschool then) we don't want her to miss a ton of days. But we have a number in mind, we could go with the moderate we want if we could get free dining.

Could someone remind me - if we book and then free dining is offered, can we just call and have them adjust it?
Yes, if you already booked and a free dining or another discount becomes available, call Disney or your TA to have it applied.
__________________
Me DH DS(13) DD(10) DD(5) DS(2) DPuppy

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:41 PM   #41
Team Bunch
Mouseketeer
 
Team Bunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 83

Do you track pins as well Joe? Seems like they have sent 3 waves out. Wondering if that will be all they send. I am in late August and feeling out of luck. Crazy you have never received one!
Team Bunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:47 PM   #42
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf
 
plutospalforever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Notre Dame Fightin' Irish Country
Posts: 1,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Bunch View Post
Do you track pins as well Joe? Seems like they have sent 3 waves out. Wondering if that will be all they send. I am in late August and feeling out of luck. Crazy you have never received one!
Joe, please correct me if I am wrong, but I have tracked at least 2 rounds of email pins going out since May 9 and a more recent round of snail mail pins going out around between May 22 and May 31. Snail mail seems to be more dispersed as people have still received them at end of last week.
__________________
Me DH DS(13) DD(10) DD(5) DS(2) DPuppy

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:51 PM   #43
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r
 
Sylkie31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Posts: 509

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchelle77 View Post
Subbing ...

We went the first 10 days on November back in 2009 and got free dining. We're considering going again this November and would LOVE to get it again! We stayed in a value last time to add a day, but now with our daughter in elementary school (she was in preschool then) we don't want her to miss a ton of days. But we have a number in mind, we could go with the moderate we want if we could get free dining.

Could someone remind me - if we book and then free dining is offered, can we just call and have them adjust it?
Yes, you can book your reservation and then call to have the FD discount applied when (I'm thinking positively here) it is offered. If you book through a TA, you'll need to have your TA call to have the discount applied rather than do it yourself.
__________________



Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:07 PM   #44
Seeker615
DIS Veteran
 
Seeker615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 818

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylkie31 View Post
When you book the trip with Disney, they won't charge for the whole thing until 45 days before your check-in date. So, depending on deposit requirements (if any), you could still book so you can have better chance of getting the resort & room type you want and cancel before the 45 day mark if it's not going to work out for you - or modify the reservation if needed.
For ADRs, most restaurants only have a 24 hour cancellation notice before they charge a late cancel/no-show fee so you could make your ADRs & cancel/modify those as needed.
Good to know. I will let my husband know as well. My onyy concern is airfare right now as well. As soon as I see a great deal I might just have to jump on it.
Seeker615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:09 PM   #45
AliciaS
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 247

Come ooooonnnnn room only discount for Nov. 30 - Dec 9! I was in that first wave of recent FD pins. Does this bode well?
AliciaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: