Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2013, 09:58 AM   #31
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Kook, beautiful job as always! Consise, informative, organized with attention to detail, love all the info links ...a great job, you never fail to deliver!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:10 AM   #32
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Yay!!! A new BW thread. Thank you Kook for a job well done.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

abk96 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2013, 10:39 AM   #33
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

looks great! 89 days!!!
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:27 PM   #34
Erin1700
At least I am bragging about using soap!

I need to join this thread. Just booked our trip and the BC wasn't available with the pin code we have. We have to stay at the Boardwalk instead.
I need all of you BW lovers to sell me on staying there.

I have two children ages 12 and 6 who love the BC pool and we all use our mugs. So the idea of no inside mug filler upper thingy is driving me nuts.
Tell me what we will love here.
Erin1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:00 PM   #35
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Kook, you are everywhere!!

Our home resort is BLT, so I am thankful for all you do on that thread

I am trying to figure out points and vacations for the next few years. We are booked to stay at BLT over MLK week 2014. Now I am wondering if we should try in a few days to book at Boardwalk Villas (7 months out) to save on some points for a big family trip in 2015. Would you consider doing that? Does anyone know if there is any availability now at Boardwalk January 18-25, 2014? Also should I request a location close to the elevator and a studio standard view with a pull out couch? I read all Allears that some of the studios have day beds instead of a pull out, is that still accurate?

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:24 PM   #36
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Thanks for the great thread. Can't wait to get 'home' in Sept!!!
Old 06-10-2013, 01:37 PM   #37
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin1700 View Post
I need to join this thread. Just booked our trip and the BC wasn't available with the pin code we have. We have to stay at the Boardwalk instead.

I have two children ages 12 and 6 who love the BC pool and we all use our mugs. So the idea of no inside mug filler upper thingy is driving me nuts.
Just to let you know, you can fill your mugs at the Belle Vue Lounge which is inside BWI..

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & BWI Sept 8-15, 2013
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:49 PM   #38
Erin1700

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
Just to let you know, you can fill your mugs at the Belle Vue Lounge which is inside BWI..

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & BWI Sept 8-15, 2013
Really? I will have to check the map and find that.
My DS6 has a life threatening peanut allergy so the thought of going into the bakery has me going crazy!
Old 06-10-2013, 01:54 PM   #39
MOM POPPINS
I keep getting SOUVENIRS (wink) when I go to WDW!

We love love love the Boardwalk! We have stayed at Beach Club once and really prefer the Boardwalk! We love the entertainment on the Boardwalk at night! The Boardwalk bakery recently renovated and it is much larger than it was before! The refillable mug station has it's own door which will make it much easier to get in and out. The bakery before was way to small!

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/board...w-interior.htm

Me DH DD24 DD19 DD16 DD13 DS11
2000 Dixie Landing HIFS '01 Contemporary/Dolphin 2 Trips '02 Dolphin '03 Dolphin '04 BWV/WLV '05 BWV/BCV 2 Trips '06 BWV/Dolphin/Saratoga/OKW 3 Trips '07 BWV/SSR 2 trips '08 BWV May/November '09 BWV March/May/Nov 10 20th. POR AKL Villa's May 11BWV September 11 BWV January 12 AKL Villa's May 12 SSR December 12 May 13 AKL BC Sept 13AKL March 14 OKW June 14Bay Lake AKL and Boardwalk December 14

MOM POPPINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:57 PM   #40
MOM POPPINS
I keep getting SOUVENIRS (wink) when I go to WDW!

you can also refill at Sea shore sweets, by the pool, and Boardwalk Joes!

Me DH DD24 DD19 DD16 DD13 DS11
2000 Dixie Landing HIFS '01 Contemporary/Dolphin 2 Trips '02 Dolphin '03 Dolphin '04 BWV/WLV '05 BWV/BCV 2 Trips '06 BWV/Dolphin/Saratoga/OKW 3 Trips '07 BWV/SSR 2 trips '08 BWV May/November '09 BWV March/May/Nov 10 20th. POR AKL Villa's May 11BWV September 11 BWV January 12 AKL Villa's May 12 SSR December 12 May 13 AKL BC Sept 13AKL March 14 OKW June 14Bay Lake AKL and Boardwalk December 14

MOM POPPINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:18 PM   #41
Erin1700

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOM POPPINS View Post
you can also refill at Sea shore sweets, by the pool, and Boardwalk Joes!
Absolutely perfect!! Thank you!
I am the only person who loses sleep over where to fill the darn mugs!
Old 06-10-2013, 02:32 PM   #42
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Who is going to be the first trip in our new BOARDWALK BULLETIN?! The BOARDWALK BULLETIN is at the end of Post #1 and is where I'll record your WDW resort (it doesn't have to be BWI/BWV) and dates. I will use magical erasing ink for known resort changers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Hooray for a new thread!!
Thank you for all your hard work, Kook!
I extend my heartfelt congratulations to you on being FTP, Ginny. I hope you aren't allergic to strawberries...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
YAY a new thread! Looks great.

Love the BWI!!
There's no shame in #2 - woohoo! I'm glad you like your new thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
WOW - great work on the new thread KOOK! You know how much we love BWI, and it's wonderful to see all these photos and information so well organized. YAY!
And, third place goes to......the one who has the most photos in the DINING portion of this thread. Thank you for your kind comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Thanks for the new thread and the memories. It's a lot of fun going thru the first page and seeing all the pictures - don't get to do that often.
I like the subtle Bob Hope reference. Welcome back to Crescent Lake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojoe View Post
Nice to see you again

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCM614 View Post
Thanks for the new thread looks great!
Thank you, Lisa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Well said, ditto!!! Great job as always Kook. I still think the Disney Marketing department should give you a call.

One thing from the first post -- isn't valet up to $15 now?
YES! We have a winner! Thank you for pointing out my soooooo 2012 valet rate information. I've updated the amount, with tax

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellepearle View Post
Subscribing
Welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disd55 View Post
Subscribing to our favorite resort! Even though we can't afford it now. WL will have to suffice.
WL?! No problem, I have a thread for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccaariel View Post
Yay new thread! I'm so excited to stay at BWI for the first time. The more pictures I see, the more giddy I get. It's just so beautiful!
I know just what you mean about those resort photos, they really get you excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenly777 View Post
Subscribing! Home resort
Welcome HOME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevescherer View Post
Ditto
Welcome HOME to you, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Sorry I'm late for the party...going to start from the beginning and I will not change from cr...will not change
Fashionably late, no problem. See you over on Bay Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
yay looks awesome as always WDWKOOK!

59 days & counting!!!

Thank you, but you know you love them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Fantastic New Thread! Great Job KOOK Looking at all the pictures has me wondering if I too might miss the BoardWalk? Second thinking the Poly at the moment.
Awww, thank you, Sheila. I hear there's a thread dedicated to resort changers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbailey View Post
I am following this thread - I will be there in September!!!
September will be here before you know it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Kook, beautiful job as always! Consise, informative, organized with attention to detail, love all the info links ...a great job, you never fail to deliver!
Aw shucks, thank you, Janet. It's an honor to have the POP PRINCESS THREAD HOSTESS WITH THE MOSTESS stop by

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk96 View Post
Yay!!! A new BW thread. Thank you Kook for a job well done.
You're welcome and I'm glad you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
looks great! 89 days!!!
Well, the resort speaks for itself

Quote:

Welcome, Erin. It can be hard to switch resort gears when your mind is set on something else. SAB is very popular with kids, but the Luna Park pool does have a great slide, the Keaster Coaster and there are two other quiet pools, a hot tub, as well as a water feature area near the Luna Park pool. There is also an arcade and the boardWalk shops and eateries are just steps away.

I find BWI to be a very relaxed atmosphere and I like that the health club doesn't share with another resort. You're also closer to DHS and all the BWI rooms (except for around 3) have balconies. What's also nice is that with a STD view room, you have the possibility of having a beautiful garden view with the ability to see Epcot and Illuminations from the higher floors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
Kook, you are everywhere!!

Our home resort is BLT, so I am thankful for all you do on that thread

I am trying to figure out points and vacations for the next few years. We are booked to stay at BLT over MLK week 2014. Now I am wondering if we should try in a few days to book at Boardwalk Villas (7 months out) to save on some points for a big family trip in 2015. Would you consider doing that? Does anyone know if there is any availability now at Boardwalk January 18-25, 2014? Also should I request a location close to the elevator and a studio standard view with a pull out couch? I read all Allears that some of the studios have day beds instead of a pull out, is that still accurate?
Welcome! Yes, my Sea Raycer gets me from Bay Lake to Crescent Lake nicely.

I'm going to leave your DVC question to one of our great DVC experts

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Thanks for the great thread. Can't wait to get 'home' in Sept!!!
Welcome home and I'm glad you like your new thread! Do you have your ADRs booked yet?
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:37 PM   #43
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Really? I will have to check the map and find that.
My DS6 has a life threatening peanut allergy so the thought of going into the bakery has me going crazy!
At the top of the DINING and in the GUEST SERVICES section on the first page, I have a list of all refill locations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOM POPPINS View Post
We love love love the Boardwalk! We have stayed at Beach Club once and really prefer the Boardwalk! We love the entertainment on the Boardwalk at night! The Boardwalk bakery recently renovated and it is much larger than it was before! The refillable mug station has it's own door which will make it much easier to get in and out. The bakery before was way to small!

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/board...w-interior.htm
Welcome! You didn't have too far to come over

Thanks for posting the link and great information. I have more BB rehab links in the DINING section under BOARDWALK BAKERY.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:50 PM   #44
Mumph39
Every day should be a magical day!

We will be staying at the Boardwalk Villas from August 18 - 24. Looking forward to getting back "Home".

Thanks so much for the new page KOOK!!
Old 06-10-2013, 02:58 PM   #45
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
[I][B][CENTER][SIZE="5"]Who is going to be the first trip in our new BOARDWALK BULLETIN?! The BOARDWALK BULLETIN is at the end of Post #1 and is where I'll record your WDW resort (it doesn't have to be BWI/BWV) and dates. I will use magical erasing ink for known resort changers...
Aug. 25 - Sept. 1! BWI!

2000 - Dixie Landings, 2012 - Pop Century, 2013 - Port Orleans: Riverside and BoardWalk Inn

Turing 21 With Mickey - A Father/Daughter August '13 PTR

No Princes Allowed! - A Mother-Daughter Trip
rebeccaariel is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: