Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2013, 09:57 AM   #11
tweis
DIS Veteran

I was still really noticing the movement of the ship and decided to take a Bonine. DH decided that he would take one also. I will spare you the details but the Bonine did not help, or it could be that I waited too late to take it, but I became very sick. After this, I started to feel a little better and got ready for dinner. We had late dining and had requested either RAE or ARE so that we could enjoy Palo on our EG night. I love the menu in RP and I enjoy the ambiance so I was thrilled that we were going to RP on the first night.

We got dressed and headed down to deck 3 to RP. I was really noticing the movement again and was starting not to feel well. We were seated at our table for two and met our wonderful head server, Angel. I realized that I was not going to be able to sit through dinner due to me not feeling well and I told Angel this. He was a doll and said that he would have our dinner prepared and sent up to our room. DH agreed even though I wasn't sure I would be able to eat a bite. I excused myself to what I thought was the nearest ladies room while our wonderful assistant server went in search of gingerale for me.

I left the ladies room and found DH with two glasses of gingerale. I slowly sipped on it as we made our way back up to deck 8. DH started watching the bridge report and realized that we were experiencing some really strong winds and rough seas which was causing the constant movement of the ship. I was still feeling terrible and continued to be sick until I finally managed to fall asleep. DH said that he also became sick and when room service delivered our dinner, he had to send him away. With a tip of course.

I have to say, that on our 5 night last year, I never noticed the movement of the ship except once in AP. DH and myself nor our two children ever felt sick at all. I think this is why it never occured to me that we should have started taking Bonine before we ever set foot on the ship. Lesson learned. Next time we will definitely be prepared and all of us will take it BEFORE we cruise.

I woke up the next morning, starving! I was also very disappointed that we had missed Match Your Mate. I had really been looking forward to this and they only had it the first night of our cruise. I was also disappointed that I had missed RP. I fell in love with RP last year and I loved Belle's french onion soup and had been looking forward to it for months.

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

5 Night Disney Dream Double Dip June 2012
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: