Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #1
Jabber_Jaws
DIS Veteran

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Okay Animal Crossing: New Leaf will be out Sunday the 9th. My wife and I are looking for friends to add, so we will be able to trade fruit, visit towns, etc. If you are planning to play, and would like to trade ( Friend Codes ). Please put them here. Looking foward to Sunday..

Name John: 3DS FC 3282-2654-6925

Name Angie: 3DS FC 0189-8892-1368

Jabber_Jaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #2
superme80
DIS Veteran

Is this going to available for the Wii?????
DH-42 ME-34 DS #1-5 DS #2 3 DS #3 9 months old
superme80 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #3
Jabber_Jaws
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by superme80 View Post
Is this going to available for the Wii?????
Nope just the 3DS.

Jabber_Jaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:06 PM   #4
superme80
DIS Veteran

Meanies!
DH-42 ME-34 DS #1-5 DS #2 3 DS #3 9 months old
superme80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #5
jenlynn0808
DIS Veteran

So I'm an Animal Crossing junkie. My DD15 got me hooked on the original when she needed friend's towns to visit on her original Nintendo DS. Had the version you could hook up to the Gamecube(?). Played the Wii version and even got my Mom hooked and we played cross country (NJ to WA).

I don't have the 3DS, but DS7 does. Not sure if we are going to get the game or not. DD is actually saying she might like to play this one. If we do get it though, thought it might be a good idea to subscribe to the thread.

I've been gobbled by ADisneygirl!
jenlynn0808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #6
NY Disney fan
DIS Veteran

Just came back from the Nintendo store in NYC and it was a madhouse. They were celebrating the new Animal Crossing.
NY Disney fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:56 PM   #7
PrincessBelle39
DIS Veteran

I just read the OP and was excited, until I read further down and saw that its just for the 3DS. The original Animal Crossing for the Wii has been the one game that our whole family keeps going back to. Unfortunately with the new one being only for the DS means that the new game would be just for the kids as DH and I don't have one.
September 2005 - Disneyland, Desert Palms Inn & Suites
August 1999 - Disneyland, Park Vue Inn
February 1996 - Disneyland, Carousel Inn
November 1994 - Disneyland Paris
PrincessBelle39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:21 PM   #8
HelloMimi
Earning My Ears

My family bought the old Animal Crossing for the Wii when it came out but after playing it for a couple of weeks, we haven't found a reason to go back to it. One of my teenage sisters loves collection-type games (like the Harvest Moon games) and she's a complete video game junkie...but even she can't find a reason to put Animal Crossing back into the Wii.

Is there something amazing about this game that we're missing? Do we have to connect to friends to actually have fun?
HelloMimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:34 PM   #9
jrmasm
Last time I checked, it was still the thought that counted
Wanna debate that topic?
So elegant but goofy!!

I love Animal Crossing but I'm really disappointed they're releasing only on 3DS. We don't own one and I'm not buying one just to play this game.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #10
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMimi View Post
My family bought the old Animal Crossing for the Wii when it came out but after playing it for a couple of weeks, we haven't found a reason to go back to it. One of my teenage sisters loves collection-type games (like the Harvest Moon games) and she's a complete video game junkie...but even she can't find a reason to put Animal Crossing back into the Wii.

Is there something amazing about this game that we're missing? Do we have to connect to friends to actually have fun?
You're not missing anything. I was a Wild World junkie on the DS, and bought a Wii just to play City Folk when it came out. What a disappointment. I really tried to love it, but it's just lame. You can tell it's a game designed for the DS, that they ported to the Wii just to have an AC game on that platform. Just a real poor fit for the Wii.

Your sister would probably love AC on the DS/3DS if she like Harvest Moon.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:10 AM   #11
FortForever
Disney since Day 1

I'll be at Game Stop when they open for my pre-ordered copy.
Now I just need to fight the urge to press the "purchase now" button and download the digital copy since it became available at midnight.

I've been playing Animal Crossing since the original in 2002. I love it! Anyone who wants to exchange friend codes, feel free to message me.
FortForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:14 AM   #12
CaliforniaDreamin
DIS Veteran (and then some)
Can you tell I was a child of the 80's??

Any reviews yet? I am planning on a Disney trip at the end of this year so I won't be buying a 3DS just to have this new version. Just wondering what the early consensus is.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:29 PM   #13
paintnolish
You'd think a sniff in the general vicinity would be sufficient
I mean, how much more can a dead guy do?!?
I'm meh about "meh."

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmasm View Post
I love Animal Crossing but I'm really disappointed they're releasing only on 3DS. We don't own one and I'm not buying one just to play this game.
I totally agree! That stinks!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post34722197
DH Me DS (13) DD (12) Baby DS (1)
paintnolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:17 PM   #14
FortForever
Disney since Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin View Post
Any reviews yet? I am planning on a Disney trip at the end of this year so I won't be buying a 3DS just to have this new version. Just wondering what the early consensus is.
Being the geek that I am, I DID buy a 3DS XL just for this game.
I do wish I would have waited just a couple more weeks for when they announced the US release of the special Animal Crossing 3DS XL bundle. I would have purchased that for sure. But having had mine a few weeks, I wasn't going to shell out that money again. At least mine is red and black so matches Disney.

So far, I am very impressed. Without a doubt, the best version yet. There is so much new stuff that it's hard to list without going on forever.

You you now buy pants, shirts, tank tops, shoes, and socks, so we are no longer running around pant-less.

You are now the mayor and have a personal assistant to take care of everything for you. You can launch community projects for fountains, bridges, street lights, etc. and the entire town donates to the project.

As mayor, you can also put into effect ordinances based on your style of play. Early bird, night owl, beauty town or wealthy town.

The early and late ones are for people who can only play late or early so the stores stay open later and the villagers are active later. The reverse is true for Early bird. For Beautiful town, everyone helps water flowers so you don't have to. There there is the Wealthy ordinance where everything sells for higher prices when you are selling.

And there is an island to explore that has 64 tours you can take, either alone, or with friends. Lots of games to play rare stuff to buy.

And that's only the tip of it. There is so much more to do on this new version. I see myself playing it for many years to come.
FortForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:22 PM   #15
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

i picked up a copy for both DD and DS today (they paid for one and i paid for the second). DD is completely hooked! i know they were already visiting each other's towns.

they said that they couldn't visit our Wii version though. is that right? or did they just not find the right way to do it?

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: