Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2013, 04:34 PM   #361
sdlong329
"Life is just a Fantasy!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeecanada View Post
When did Nikola transfer to the Fantasy? We had him on the Magic in OCT2010 as a server and then we saw him last year while in PALO in AUG.

It would be wonderful to find out if he is on the FANTASY in August. I would definitely try and do a request for having him again.
Nikola Stakic (Serbia)

I am not sure, but he was our server on a December 2012 cruise (DISboards podcast 4.0) on the Fantasy. We had initially requested a different server - who was returning from vacation. The other server was scheduled to re-board the Fantasy on the same day as our embarkation. Apparently, there was a snowstorm in Bulgaria (home country of the other server I had requested) ... and his flight was cancelled. The Bulgarian server started his contract one week late.

#######

We had a rocky start on our December cruise. All of the seating was set-up by Dreams Unlimited, and forwarded to DCL in advance (fairly unusual). DU apparently re-reviewed the seating with DCL one day prior to embarkation (excellent thought). For some reason, AFTER DU had confirmed the seating for their guests on the PodCast cruise, our party of nine (which included a guest in a motorized wheel chair) was moved to a different rotation (clarification: DU did not make a mistake with our reservation). Despite there being remarks on the reservation about an electric wheel chair, and the inability to transfer to a dining room chair, or climb ANY steps, we were (nonetheless) moved.

As luck would have it, we were moved to Nikola's table. When DW and I arrived at the table, we realized the table would not work (because of the steps and wheel chair) ... so we alerted Nikola of the situation. He immediately alerted his Head Server ... and they started to see what they could do to accommodate us (including a ramp for the wheel chair). We were quickly moved to another table (different servers), while a Restaurant Manager *told* a server they now had guests at what was supposed to have been an empty table. For some reason, nobody informed the assistant server. Let's just say, that first night was total mayhem.

I'm not really sure what happened, but, for the second night, our table of nine was broken up into three smaller groups, and assimilated into other tables. DW and I (plus two DIS-cruise friends) offered to return to Nikola's table. As luck would have it ... the four of us were schedule to be at Palo on the 2nd night ... so we alerted the Restaurant Manager that we would not be at dinner in the MDR on the second night. For some reason, the message was never delivered to Nikola, or his Head Server.

When we finally returned to dinner on the 3rd night ... I think Nikola's entire service team was a bit skiddish. I believe they thought we were mad at them (over the wheel chair). We explained that was not the case ... that we had no problem with them ... rather, there was some sort of scheduling mishap, and that we had to sit somewhere else on the 1st night, because of the wheel chair. We told them we went to Palo on the 2nd night, and were "here to stay" on the 3rd night.

The first day was a tad stressful for us all ... but everyone got back into the swing of things. As is my custom, I bring American chocolates to hand out to our servers, as a gesture of appreciation. Nikola and his team seemed to like the chocolate.

Steven

DCL MAGIC: 4 night Bahamas practice cruise ('99), 7 night Eastern Caribbean ('01), 7 night Western Caribbean ('06), 15 night EB Panama Canal - Inaugural to Aruba & Cartagena (Aug-Sep '08), Eastern Caribbean / Inaugural Tortola (April-May '09), Eastern Caribbean / St. Croix (Ooops - Tortola, again) (Dec '09), 14 night EB TransAtlantic, Florida to Barcelona (April '10), 12 night EB TransAtlantic, Galveston to Barcelona (May '13), 7 night Southern Caribbean, R/T San Juan (Sept/Oct '14), 15 night EB TransAtlantic (Florida to Copenhagen) (May '15)
DCL WONDER: 4 night Bahamas practice cruise (April '08), LA - Vancouver REPO (Apr/May '11), -B2B- Inaugural Alaska (May '11)
DCL FANTASY: 7 night Maiden Voyage: Western Caribbean (March '12), 7 night podCast 4.0 Western Caribbean (Dec '12), 7 night San Juan/Western Caribbean (Apr '15)
DISapalooza: WWOHP / Universal (Dec '12)
DISNEY ON BROADWAY: Mary Poppins @ New Amsterdam Theatre - 2012, Spiderman (Marvel) @ Foxwoods Theatre - 2012, The Lion King @ Minskoff Theatre - 2013, Aladdin @ New Amsterdam Theatre - 2014
NON-DCL: RCCL Freedom FROM the Seas, Western Caribbean, Jan 2014; Celebrity Horizon, 7 night Philadelphia - Bermuda; HAL Noordam, 10 night NYC - Caribbean; Princess, 7 night FL-Caribbean; Carnival (don't waste my time)

Last edited by sdlong329; 06-10-2013 at 01:52 PM.
sdlong329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #362
disneyfan888
DIS Veteran

Does anybody know where Constantin from Romania is? We had him on the dream in 2011. I had asked last year and was told he was moved to the Magic, but was curious where he was now.

[

disneyfan888 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2013, 04:53 PM   #363
shrinkingmoody
Earning My Ears

We sailed the Dream 5/5/13 and had Val from Romania as our main server and newbie Luis from Portugal as our assistant. Both were awesome. I didn't keep tip stubs and can't remember Val's last name (started with a P) so if anyone has it that would be super so we can request him for our 2014 cruise.

shrinkingmoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:54 PM   #364
smeecanada
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlong329 View Post
Nikola Stakic (Serbia)

I am not sure, but he was our server on a December 2012 cruise (DISboards podcast 4.0) on the Fantasy. We had initially requested a different server - who was returning from vacation. The other server was scheduled to re-board the Fantasy on the same day as our embarkation. Apparently, there was a snowstorm in Bulgaria (home country of the other server I had requested) ... and his flight was cancelled. The Bulgarian server started his contract one week late.

Steven
Thanks for the info, Steven. I kinda chickened out about requesting Nikola when I called DCL to make our final payment. Might still do it, but kind of have that stalking feeling.

All our servers for the most part have been good, but Nikola was great. A real gentleman and funny to boot.
: 1992, 2007, 2013
DCL: AUG07 4day: Wonder, AUG08 15day EB REPO, 04JUL09 EASTERN, 23OCT10 EASTERN, 23AUG11 ALASKA, 25AUG12 NY/BAHAMAS, 24AUG13 FANTASY EASTERN 20SEP14 SOUTHERN
smeecanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:54 AM   #365
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohj80 View Post
Has anyone encountered server Josipa lately? We met her on the Wonder but last saw her in Palo on the Dream.

Thanks!
I hadn't seen any responses so thought I'd ask again if anyone has come across Josipa recently? My guess is she would be in Palo or Remy.

Thanks again!

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:12 PM   #366
disneyfan888
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan888 View Post
Does anybody know where Constantin from Romania is? We had him on the dream in 2011. I had asked last year and was told he was moved to the Magic, but was curious where he was now.
Anyone??

[

disneyfan888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:42 PM   #367
LWQuestie
I'm the Rocketeer!

Had a great server team onboard the Magic recently. Server - Vlado from Croatia, Asst. Server - Rachel from UK, Head Server - George from Romania.

Also, loved bartender Ann-Marie from Jamaica.

LWQuestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:10 PM   #368
MrsB919
Mouseketeer

Was just wondering if anyone knew if Brent was on the Fantasy? He was our server on the Dream for our honeymoon and we requested him for our upcoming trip. I hope he's still around.

(Me) (Hubby) (Tanky) : (Ony)
9/13- CBR & DCL Fantasy, 9/12 -BWI,
12/11 -POP, 9/11- Wedding & Honeymoon GF & DCL,
4/11,7/10,3/08 etc. (to many to count)- Offsite
MrsB919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:17 PM   #369
ALMinVA
Mouseketeer

On the Magic in Jan 2011 we had an AS by the name of Lady. Does anyone recognize her and know if she is still with DCL? I don't recall our MS's name, our service started out with a few bumps but improved towards the end.
I remember Lady cutting our steaks for us and being very friendly.
Just wondering - I haven't seen her mentioned at all in this thread.

ALMinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:18 PM   #370
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypressmom View Post

I had a dream last night that I was on the newly renovated Magic and going from room to room looking for Sompong. He really made our trip special.
He is on the Magic and was our server. I believe he is trying to take vacation while they are in dry dock but is planning on staying on the Magic as long as he can. He said it is home to him.

Jenny & Scott
2000-POFQ, 2005-FW, 2006-FW, 2008-FW, Feb 2009-CBR/POFQ, Sept 2009-ASM,2010 BWI/WL/AKL/DCL Magic Western, July 2011 BWI/DCL Dream, Nov 2011 FW/AKL, May 2012 GF/DCL Fantasy-Eastern/BWI, Oct 2012 DCL Magic-Western, Feb 2013 DCL Magic-Cozumel, Apr 2013 DCL Magic-CC/WDW/KW, Sept 2013 - DCL Wonder-Bahamas, Dec 2013 - DCL Wonder-Cozumel, March 2014 - DCL Magic-4 night,July 2015 - DCL Magic-12N - N. Europe
ukintheus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:03 PM   #371
Iceman09201
Mouseketeer

As of 6/1 Nikola is on the Fantasy and is a Palo server
Iceman09201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:07 PM   #372
Iceman09201
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMonster12 View Post
We loved our servers on the Fantasy! We had Coskun from Turkey and Artemis from Greece! They really made our Honeymoon special! Damian at Bon Voyage, Wynan and Novak were wonderful!
Coskun is a head server now and is in line to become a Palo manager. He is engaged to Artemis who is a server. Coskun was my head server on my last fantasy voyage and got to know him very well. He introduced us to Artemis and she is very lovely. Coskun wants the Palo manager position which would be on the Dream but will decline it if Artemis can't come with him to the Dream.
Iceman09201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:25 PM   #373
MrsB919
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman09201 View Post
Coskun is a head server now and is in line to become a Palo manager. He is engaged to Artemis who is a server. Coskun was my head server on my last fantasy voyage and got to know him very well. He introduced us to Artemis and she is very lovely. Coskun wants the Palo manager position which would be on the Dream but will decline it if Artemis can't come with him to the Dream.
Awww that's such a cute story. . I remember on our honeymoon one of the bartenders at Cove Cafe told us she had just married another bartender that was I think at the skyline. I guess being onboard for so long love starts to develop.

(Me) (Hubby) (Tanky) : (Ony)
9/13- CBR & DCL Fantasy, 9/12 -BWI,
12/11 -POP, 9/11- Wedding & Honeymoon GF & DCL,
4/11,7/10,3/08 etc. (to many to count)- Offsite
MrsB919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:34 PM   #374
alamere1496
Mouseketeer

I am wondering if Anthony from France is still on the Fantasy? He was our assistant server last June on the Fantasy and absolutely loved him! We hope to see him again in August <<fingers crossed>>

alamere1496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:36 AM   #375
sdlong329
"Life is just a Fantasy!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeecanada View Post
Thanks for the info, Steven. I kinda chickened out about requesting Nikola when I called DCL to make our final payment. Might still do it, but kind of have that stalking feeling.

All our servers for the most part have been good, but Nikola was great. A real gentleman and funny to boot.
Quite the contrary, Servers and Assistant Servers are promoted based upon a myriad of things ... including, but not limited to:
1) Notes on DCL survey forms
2) Requests from guests (prior to embarkation)
3) Letters written to Restaurant Manager or Hotel Director (while onboard ship), or, letters sent to DCL or DCL Guest Communications.

Steven
sdlong329 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: