Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2013, 04:32 PM   #46
yajaira74
Mouseketeer

Last Night Dinner & Sea Ya Real Soon

When we got back to got back to the room to get ready for our last dinner, we made sure to put the tip tickets in the envelope DH put them in his pocket since I put him in charge of this.
We had dinner at Enchanted Garden

Jo Jo cut DD9 meat and fed her once more

DD21 & DD9 had Mickey bars for dessert

DD15 promised she would make it through dinner this time. She promised Jo Jo our server that she would order 3 desserts to make up for the 2 she slept through.

They were given origami flowers and butterflies

We thanked our waitstaff and DH gave them the envelops and we took a goodbye picture. Since we had early seating we would've seen them in the for breakfast but 6:45 AM was a bit early for us and we didn't have a flight to run to so we decided to go to cabanas at 8AM instead.

On our way back from dinner we noticed the Photographers were taking pictures on the stairs and there was no line!

The show that night was Believe. It was beautiful and inspiring. DH and I left with tears in our eyes and hugging the girls tight

After a little shopping we went upstairs to get our luggage ready for pick-up. We got our nightly animal (a lobster) and DD21 got her signed shirt and we got our signed picture frame.

Our stateroom attendant passed by to say goodbye and let us know that he was also going back home Vietnam. DH took this time to give him the tip envelope. We mentioned that we loved the bathroom spa products. Well he came back with a handful for us to take home

This is my stash at home

It was time to take down our magnets

We set our luggage outside the room for pick-up and went to the atrium for the Sea Ya Real Soon celebration. This is where all the characters come out and you can take pictures for then they all say goodbye. This was my chance to get a picture with Captain Mickey

We all said goodbye to our favorite characters and then headed off to our last party at Evolutions. The CMs were there dancing the night away with us. (That's our favorite CM Jo in the white jacket leading us in some line dancing)
yajaira74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #47
yajaira74
Mouseketeer

Now its time to say goodbye

The kid club was open only until 12AM so we left DD21 with the 18-21 group at Evolutions and went to meet DD9 at the stateroom. DD15 was at club Vibe at their goodbye & info exchange party. We only had until 1AM to order room service and we wanted to make sure we got our order in. DD21 & DD15 made it back in time to enjoy our last midnight room service as a family and went to sleep knowing tomorrow morning it was time to say goodbye. (Well DH and I went to sleep, the girls were too busy giggling and texting their new friends on the wave phone)

This was the only morning the girls had issues waking up.

We had breakfast at the Cabanas breakfast buffet. It had all the breakfast items except Mickey waffles and eggs benedict This breakfast was not my favorite. The food was great but the company was not so great. LOL!

Well it was finally time to say goodbye to our beautiful Dream. The same CM's that greeted us 3 days ago were now saying goodbye and see ya real soon.

It was easy to find our luggage. We just had to find the matching picture that was on the luggage tags that were issued to us the night before. The trip through customs was quick and painless (DH even got to keep the beer and vodka he didn't drink)
Well we headed out to catch the shuttle to our car but took one last look back.
Now we were the sad ones driving down the road but then we started reminiscing and the smiles came right back to our faces.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #48
yajaira74
Mouseketeer

Old 06-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #49
Cheryl726
DIS Veteran

I enjoyed reading your TR, sounds like it was a great family cruise! Though reading the end made me sad too, like it was my own! That last night and morning is the worst! Were you able to plan another one? (sorry can't remember if I read that!)
Old 06-09-2013, 08:40 PM   #50
yajaira74
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl726
I enjoyed reading your TR, sounds like it was a great family cruise! Though reading the end made me sad too, like it was my own! That last night and morning is the worst! Were you able to plan another one? (sorry can't remember if I read that!)
We took advantage of the on board booking deal and reserved for October 2014 but we may move it up to April 2014 of we can't get Florida resident rates. And definitely a 5 or 7 day.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:04 PM   #51
Arthur92
Mouseketeer

WOW love ya post from start to finish
Old 06-10-2013, 10:51 PM   #52
yajaira74
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur92
WOW love ya post from start to finish
It was such a great way to relive one of the best times we've had as a family. I am so happy that you enjoyed it
Old 06-11-2013, 09:43 AM   #53
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Great job, you make me feel like we can enjoy a lot on a 3 night...thanks!!
Old 06-12-2013, 08:51 AM   #54
yajaira74
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3
Great job, you make me feel like we can enjoy a lot on a 3 night...thanks!!
This was our first cruise we wanted to make sure we could get in as much as possible. I did a lot of research and did a lot of lurking on Dis. I even made a schedule of things i wanted to do using old navigators that are posted. I then used it as a guide when we got our navigators. But my main plan was to enjoy it to the fullest! And we did
Old 06-14-2013, 04:11 PM   #55
TH5
Earning My Ears

Such a great report! Thank you for sharing. We will also be on our 1st cruise in Aug with 3 kids, younger ones though - 7, 6, 8 months.

Quick question - you mention that you tipped the server on the last day. Was this something that you did extra because I heard that tips were taken automatically from the room charge.
TH5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:45 PM   #56
yajaira74
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH5 View Post
Such a great report! Thank you for sharing. We will also be on our 1st cruise in Aug with 3 kids, younger ones though - 7, 6, 8 months.

Quick question - you mention that you tipped the server on the last day. Was this something that you did extra because I heard that tips were taken automatically from the room charge.
Yes. Tips were automatically charged to our room account. However, on the next to the last night they leave envelopes (with titles you write in the names) and a perforated sheet that you tear and place in the appropriate envelope. You can put more if you want.
Here is what the sheet looks like.

You are going to have the time of your lives! Enjoy
Old 06-14-2013, 05:13 PM   #57
yajaira74
Mouseketeer

Our photo in signed photo mat

Old 06-15-2013, 08:06 PM   #58
TheTews
Earning My Ears

Loved reading about your trip-thank you for sharing your experience! makes me so anxious for ours in August!
TheTews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:15 PM   #59
Brynnie
Mouseketeer

What an awesome family and a great report! I want to cruise every day and I enjoy reliving all the memories through someone else's eyes! It's great to see ppl who plan and look forward to the Ship and then enjoy it as much as I do! I love the Dream and cannot wait to sail her again! Thanks for sharing!

offsite 08/96 * All Star Sports 03/98, 04/00 * All Star Movies 05/01, 02/05 * Caribbean Beach 05/02 * Wyndham Palace Resort and Spa 01/03 * Royal Pacific Resort 05/03 * Hilton Downtown Disney 07/03 * Offsite 10/03 * DL- Crowne Plaza Garden Grove 12/03 * Coronado Springs 5/04 * Dolphin~WL 7/04 * AKL~Polynesian 07/05 * AKL~POR 01/06 * Swan 2/08 * Caribbean Beach 10/08 * DL- Embassy Suites South 01/09 * PBH 3/11* Swan 02/12* SSR/DCL DREAM 4 nt Bahamas May/12!!!!! * SSR/DCL DREAM 4 nt Bahamas Sept/12 * DCL Wonder 5 nt Western Caribbean out of Miami! 1/13
Brynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:48 PM   #60
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

You have a beautiful family!! I thoroughly enjoyed reading your TR!
ladybugmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: