DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #11
dmunsil
Disney Uber-Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTinking View Post
Thanks Missy, that's really useful information. Any intelligence around what to bid? Lots of conversations around ROFR, but haven't found much about the gap between the seller's ask and the buyer's bid. I see from the ROFR threads that there is a gap - should I take the average successful waiver price as a good place to start? Or maybe go lower and wait for the counter from the seller?
I just posted a bunch of info about actual sales prices for four resorts, albeit probably about 2 months out of date. Things haven't necessarily shot up a huge amount in 2 months, but they have gone up some.

If you are in a hurry and really want a contract soon, bid higher than average. If you are willing to wait, bid low and be ready to lose deals to overbids and ROFR. There's no magic.

Even if you bid high, you will usually save a significant amount over buying direct. On the other hand, bidding low will eventually get you some great deals albeit slowly.
dmunsil is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: