Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2013, 12:11 AM   #46
MRA5
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyS
As the title suggests, what are the rides and attractions that you've experienced at DL/CA that you just don't see what the big fuss is all about? Or, also, the ones that are mentioned frequently as being bad, but you just had to experience it for yourself once, anyway, and then realized everyone was right? lol

Mine probably falls more into the latter category, but I just HAD to see. Roger Rabbit. The line is dreary and mostly uninteresting as well, in my opinion. Honestly, I think they could have done something different and more interesting with the Roger Rabbit concept.

My husband would probably list all of the Fantasyland dark rides if I were to ask him this question, lol. I made him ride ALL of them last time we visited.
Rodger rabit...i just dont get the crowds for it. I never really cared for the movie either tho
MRA5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:47 AM   #47
bethwc101
Mouseketeer

Captain EO but then again i never saw it in the 80s and the only time ive seen it was after a 10 hour drive then staying awake all night in like for leap day then refusing to sleep and seeing captsin eo on our 30 something hour of no sleep. i wonder if it would have made more sense if my brain were on.
bethwc101 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2013, 01:02 AM   #48
wdwmoose
DIS Veteran

I don't get IASW. I can appreciate the history of it, but that doesn't mean I ever want to step foot (boat?) in the ride ever again.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:07 AM   #49
jfk4
Earning My Ears

The ride I don't really get is Toy Story Midway Mania. It's fun, but it is basically just a series of video games. I'll ride it during Magic Mornings, but I can't imagine waiting for more than a few minutes to experience it.
jfk4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:17 AM   #50
Luv Bunnies
DIS Veteran

Canal Boats. Cute, but kind of boring and rinky-dink. I can see the appeal for young kids, but I'd rather spend my time on the big stuff.
Luv Bunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:18 AM   #51
spellhex
Mouseketeer

I don't get parades at all. They're boring, the songs are repetitive, and they block off one part of the park from the other.

I also don't understand the Animation Building; it's fun for a quick walk-through, but I'd never spend more than 15 or 20 minutes there. It's like Innoventions for me; stuff I could easily do at home.

I'm also not a fan of Jack Sparrow/politically correct Pirates of the Caribbean. Give me the pirates chasing the women, a smoke-free fortress room, and a ride bookended by skeleton-filled pirate caverns. Jack Sparrow lessens the ride.

Finally, for something I love that a lot of people tend to dislike: it's a small world. It's not a Disneyland vacation until I ride it; the song, the animatronics, and seeing the different cultures is just wonderful.
If we played 'em ten times, they might win nine. But not this game. Not tonight.
Tonight, we skate with them. Tonight, we stay with them. And we shut them down because we can!
Tonight, WE are the greatest hockey team in the world.
spellhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:35 AM   #52
mamaCta
DIS Veteran

The Lincoln thing does nothing for me, but I'm Cdn so you can take that with a grain of salt.

This trip is Me, DH, Sis21, DD15, DS6, DD3, and the ILs.

Disneybounding planning on mama-c.polyvore.com
mamaCta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:37 AM   #53
Jkpark
DIS Veteran

Storybook Land Canal Boats - I honestly walk by those in line feeling bad that 2 minutes in they will be begging to get off. Same for Nemo. Also not a fan of Roger Rabbit - but appreciate him having a ride in Toon Town.

WDW: Dec '85 (offsite), May '01 (offsite), Nov '02 (POFQ/Swan), Jan '07 (POP), Oct '08 (offsite), May '11 (SSR), Sept '12 (offsite/BLT)
March 2012 Aulani
Plus lots of trips to Disneyland
Jkpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:07 AM   #54
Disneylandfan1
Mouseketeer

The ride I don't get is Grizzly River Run. I understand that people want to cool off on a hot day with a water ride, but I just don't see the thrill on this one. It's very pretty, with the water falls and flowing river. I enjoy standing on the bridge, watching people float by and taking pictures of my family on the ride, but I don't care to ride it. Now I admit I'm not a huge fan of getting soaked. However, I love Splash Mountain and will always ride that every chance I get, regardless of how wet I get because that ride is amazing. I just don't get GRR.

We love Autopia, but what I don't get is the poor quality stinky cars. It's pretty frustrating to wait in that long line only to get a car that dies every 60 seconds. Why not upgrade?
Disneylandfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:14 AM   #55
alex881
Mouseketeer

Tiki room. Only ride we have ever walked out of (though I would on Nemo subs if possible). We just don't get the tiki room at all. It was awful. If sooner do captain EO then that again.
alex881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:32 AM   #56
Priory
DIS Veteran

I agree Tiki Room is an awful ride. As a show however, I love it.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:22 AM   #57
aan1701
DIS Veteran

I am not a fan if the Parades except the electrical parade. Also one I have not seen mentioned. World Of Color. I don't like shows that have no story. It's just a bunch of things thrown together at random. Boring.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:30 AM   #58
tdhickey
DIS Veteran

To me Innoventions has been the key "stinker" of an exhibit for some time, it just doesn't fit.
tdhickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:34 AM   #59
Freesia123
DIS Veteran

I don't get world of color either. If I have to see it again, I think I'll bring a pillow so I can nap.
Freesia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:44 AM   #60
Pinocchio #1 Fan
Disney Premier Passholder, Believer in the power of Hakuna Matata!

I might be in the minority, but I don't get the Tower of Terror. I don't see the point of waiting 45 minutes for about a minute of being bounced up and down. My wife and niece love it, so I let them go together while I relax.

I also have never enjoied the Grizzly Rapids, but then I dislike "rapids" type rides anywhere.

On the flip side, the things I disliked as a young man: IASW, Tiki Room, the Fantasyland dark rides, are things I started to really treasure about the time I turned 35. Anything that is more/less the same as it was when I was growing up always brings me to a place in my childhood with people who are long gone. The awesome part is the same ride will bring me to different places with each ride, depending on the time of year or the weather. Thats one of the reasons I am sad every time they take something out or massively change something that had been there a very long time, as people won't experience those things anymore on that ride. To me, that's the most awesome magic Walt Disney ever worked. He created a place where memories can be preserved by revisiting things you remember from childhood.
Pinocchio #1 Fan is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: