Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #76
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPanic View Post
Yes, I realize that, this is why I have deleted my post. I was just having a problem understanding what Simba 14 was and still don't know what ETWB is.
Enchanted Tales With Belle
Old 06-08-2013, 04:39 PM   #77
tinks_1989
need a like button

Sorry you had such a bad start to the day. I am glad you managed to get on with your day eventually.

Your kids deserve credit too. I know it would be a challenge with DD to wait that long.

I have been to WDW 12 times over a period of 14 years and DLP 15 times over a period of 19 years. I can honestly say I haven't experienced a CM in WDW like I have in DLP. Some of them barely lift their head to smile at you. Grumpy guests in WDW? Again nothing like we have seen in DLP. At Christmas in 2012 a family literally pushed their daughter at belle at the meet and greet almost knocking her over the CM explained to the girl that their was a line. Only to have her mother swear at her and say they hadn't paid this much money to wait in line :/ WDW to us is so amazing I just don't want to hear/read that it is changing at WDW.
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #78
bauer1168
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post

Easy to run buses between TTC and MK--they just don't since there are two other modes (normally).
Thanks Mesa
I guess because guests are used to going a certain way all the time it's easy to forget the alternate roads Disney has in place. Also the fact I've been in work for 15 hours my thought process has gone out the window!
bauer1168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #79
tb60011
Earning My Ears

The monorail is down again tonight. We have been here since Monday and we have spent so much time on transportation. I have made over 8 trips in the past ten years and never have had issues like this weeks. Not just monorail, but bus and ferry as well.
tb60011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:20 PM   #80
999DoomBuggies
Mouseketeer

Disney should comp tix for a day. Pretty messed up not to offer some love back to those that got shafted like that...
999DoomBuggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #81
PeterPanic
DIS Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
Enchanted Tales With Belle
Well, I'll be...never would have guessed that.
PeterPanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:06 PM   #82
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryz View Post
Uh, in my book it is... OP didn't cause the monorail to break down. OP didn't fail to react to the transportation system bottlenecks.

OP's not at fault at all here, in my opinion. Disney owes its guests quick, reliable transportation from the TTC to the MK. Without it, the flaw in the TTC design concept becomes perfectly clear...

And if they had gone to Universal Studios, they wouldn't have had to wait for ANY transportation...
The ferry can take many, many more passengers than the monorail - and the OP voluntarily hopped out of the ferry line to take the resort monorail. Staying in the ferry line most likely would have gotten them there within the hour, IMO.
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite
Schmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:51 PM   #83
paintnolish
You'd think a sniff in the general vicinity would be sufficient
I mean, how much more can a dead guy do?!?
I'm meh about "meh."

Op, sorry you had to deal with that annoyance! Disney transportation is generally a good service, and we've used it many times; this time, however, we are driving our own car to the parks. Thanks for reminding me why!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post34722197
DH Me DS (13) DD (12) Baby DS (1)
paintnolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:21 PM   #84
kandb
DIS Veteran

OP-you sound like a nice guy. I don't blame your wife either for asking to move/turn off the generator, I would of done the exact same thing. I don't know people chime in and say "you shouldn't of asked to move the generator because you are not GF guest". What the heck does that have to do with anything? You have to be a GF guest to not want to hear a loud smelly generator???
kandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:22 PM   #85
kandb
DIS Veteran

Paintnolish-even if you drive your car to the parks, for magic kingdom, you still have to park at the ttc and take either the monorail or ferry to actually get to MK. This is what the OP did as well.
kandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:28 PM   #86
Magpie
I guess there's not much else to do in the jar
Mean people - they don't matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintnolish View Post
Op, sorry you had to deal with that annoyance! Disney transportation is generally a good service, and we've used it many times; this time, however, we are driving our own car to the parks. Thanks for reminding me why!
Actually, if the OP had used one of Disney's busses from a Disney resort, he wouldn't have had any of the problems he did. The resort bus would have dropped him off right at the front gate.

The decision to drive to the Magic Kingdom (which may have been unavoidable if he was staying off-site) is actually what precipitated this whole series of unfortunate events.
Magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:31 PM   #87
TJBerry
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie View Post

In fact, if the OP had used one of Disney's busses from a Disney resort, he wouldn't have had any of the problems he did. The resort bus would have dropped him off right at the front gate.

The decision to drive to the Magic Kingdom (which may have been unavoidable if he was staying off-site) was actually what precipitated this whole series of unfortunate events.
He was driving from home.
TJBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:36 PM   #88
paintnolish
I'm meh about "meh."

Sorry, let me be more specific: I don't want to be at there mercy all the time! I'm tired of waiting in bus lines. Last time, we did use the busses even though we had a car because baby ds went through a stage where he hated his carseat, and riding the busses cut down on the screaming we had to hear; however, I feel like we wasted a lot of time waiting while we could've been driving MOST places.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:36 PM   #89
paintnolish
I'm meh about "meh."

*their
Old 06-08-2013, 11:37 PM   #90
Magpie
I guess there's not much else to do in the jar
Mean people - they don't matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJBerry View Post
He was driving from home.
So, yes, it was unavoidable in his case.

Though, I have to say, if I'd arrived at the TTC to see a crowd of people that size waiting for the ferry and the monorail broken down, I'd have turned to the kids and said, "Guess what? We're going to Epcot! Everyone back to the car!"

I've done it before. So, actually I rather admire the OP's persistence!
Magpie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: