Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #16
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDP View Post
Enjoying the TR! we took a 3 night Dream last November, our next one is booked for August 2014.
Thank you! We don't have one currently booked on the Dream but we do have the Fantasy booked for May 2014. I love the Dream and thought we had excellent service.

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

5 Night Disney Dream Double Dip June 2012
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:08 PM   #17
ALMinVA
Mouseketeer

I think our Fantasy cruise is going to be sold out with it being over Memorial Day.
I can't wait to see your pictures and review of Palo - you are going to post pictures - right??

[/url]
ALMinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2013, 09:44 PM   #18
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA View Post
I think our Fantasy cruise is going to be sold out with it being over Memorial Day.
I can't wait to see your pictures and review of Palo - you are going to post pictures - right??
I wish I could post pics of all the yummy goodness in Palo but we didn't take our phones with us. We were really wishing we had by the end of dinner because they wrote on a plate in chocolate wishing us a happy anniversary. Sorry

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

Old 06-06-2013, 10:12 PM   #19
MinnieMommy2381
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweis View Post
Thanks for reading along. I'm glad you are enjoying it. I know you are so excited to be taking your first cruise. We have loved both of ours on the Dream. It is a truly beautiful ship and I'm afraid my pics don't do it justice. You will have so much fun! I will try to post more pics later.
Tricia I'm reading along too despite the weather we still enjoyed the cruise I can't wait to read your trip report.
MinnieMommy2381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:10 AM   #20
Toria
DIS Veteran

DH and I took an adult only last year and we are going to do the same thing next week. I am looking forward to the rest of your report. After living in Destin no other Beach can compare, outside of Castaway Cay of course.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:31 AM   #21
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieMommy2381 View Post
Tricia I'm reading along too despite the weather we still enjoyed the cruise I can't wait to read your trip report.
Hi! Glad you enjoyed your cruise! We did too despite the weather. Did you rebook onboard?

Trina

Old 06-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #22
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toria View Post
DH and I took an adult only last year and we are going to do the same thing next week. I am looking forward to the rest of your report. After living in Destin no other Beach can compare, outside of Castaway Cay of course.
Good for you! We enjoyed ours so much that we are considering an adult's only vacation every year in addition to our family trip. We normally vacation in the Destin/Panama area and we were totally shocked by the Tybee beach

The water at CC is still cooler to me than the Gulf but its totally worth it.

Old 06-07-2013, 11:03 AM   #23
tweis
DIS Veteran

I, of course, forgot to take pics of the Dreams unlimited gift basket and the Castaway Club gift upon finding them in our stateroom but here are a couple of pics of the things we got.

This is the returning Castaway Club gift for Silver members.

This was part of the gift basket from our Dreams Unlimited TA. It had lots of useful items. There was a glow stick type necklace, a whiteboard, highlighters, deck of cards, fruity snacks, chocolates, antibacterial wipes, stop watch type of thing, an extension cord, and DU cups with lids. Plus DU reusable shopping bag.

We, of course, like children on Christmas morning couldn't wait to see what all we had gotten. I hadn't told DH about the gift basket because I wanted him to be surprised.

Speaking of surprises, a couple of months before our cruise I went on the DCL website and scheduled a character call for DH. We were packing our hotel room in Savannah and his phone rang with a number he didn't recognize so he just ignored it since we were busy. They called right back and he had laid the phone on the desk so I tapped ignore. A few minutes later we were leaving the room and he realized he had a message. It was DCL, with the character call that I had forgotten about scheduling. He didn't know it was a character call he just knew it was DCL because of the music. I immediatly went back on the website and scheduled another call and received the email confirmation. I looked at the confirmation and panicked even worse. I had somehow put in the wrong phone number! DH's last digit is 4 and I had hit 3!! The website says only 2 call are allowed so I was freaking out. I checked my email and it showed the calls had been unsuccessful so I tried scheduling another immediate call and it let me. We were having breakfast at the Waffle House and DH's phone rang and it was Goofy welcoming him onboard the Disney Dream and hoping he had a "magical" trip to the Bahamas. Seeing DH's face light up over Goofy's voice even though he's over 40, was totally worth the panic I experienced trying to set the call up. It may seem like a small thing but it really set the tone for our whole cruise.

We unpacked our gift basket and checked to see if our luggage had arrived. It had! I was so surprised at how good everything was working out. We unpacked our suitcase and hung up all of our clothes in the closet. We put our beautiful magnets that some very talented DISers had created for us on our door. Oh yeah, we also had a DU magnet in our basket so we put it up also. I did not see alot of doors decorated but we loved having our magnets. I have even started looking for some for next years cruise.

After all this hard work DH decided we needed a drink but we needed ice for the drinks. Last year we had never gotten or needed ice so we had no idea where to get it other than at the drink stations on the pool deck. We were gonna take our cups with lids that we had brought up to the pool deck and fill them with ice but we met our wonderful room hostess, Leliy, in the hall way and she insisted on taking our bucket and filling it. Leliy also instructed us on where we were to go for the muster drill which was the Walt Disney Theater. DH made us a couple of drinks and we just hung out on our verandah until close to time for the muster drill and thought would go check out some of the adult clubs before going to the drill. This didn't work out because people were already starting to line up for the muster drill so we headed on to the theater. I normally try not to judge what others choose to wear on vacation but during the drill several people came in with dripping wet swimsuits and had a seat where others would be sitting for the show in just a couple of hours. It just seemed disrespectful and that was exactly why we had chosen not to go to the pool because we didn't want to have to put our swimsuits on and then change back before our drill.

Last edited by tweis; 06-07-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:58 PM   #24
MinnieMommy2381
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Hi! Glad you enjoyed your cruise! We did too despite the weather. Did you rebook onboard?

Trina
Trina,

Yes we definitely booked onboard. My friends and coworkers are planning on the Magic April 4, 2014. It's another 3-day but we can't wait to see the new ship.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #25
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Trina,

Yes we definitely booked onboard. My friends and coworkers are planning on the Magic April 4, 2014. It's another 3-day but we can't wait to see the new ship.
Did you all enjoy the magical porthole rooms? We had wanted to book the Magic out of Miami for December 2014 since we will be on the Fantasy in May 2014 but now it seem that the Magic is being moved to Port Canaveral and may not be doing short cruises during that time. I will just have to wait and see but if the Magic doesn't work out we may book the Dream again for a short 3 day around Christmas.

Old 06-07-2013, 11:29 PM   #26
MinnieMommy2381
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Did you all enjoy the magical porthole rooms? We had wanted to book the Magic out of Miami for December 2014 since we will be on the Fantasy in May 2014 but now it seem that the Magic is being moved to Port Canaveral and may not be doing short cruises during that time. I will just have to wait and see but if the Magic doesn't work out we may book the Dream again for a short 3 day around Christmas.
Trina,

The girls ABSOLUTELY loved the porthole. Every few minutes the youngest would always yell look mom you missed it LOL. It was nice enjoying the ship with them. I personally wanted to do a longer trip maybe 5 day but since it will be everyone's first trip I imagine I can wait. I want to do a Christmas trip too but it won't be until 2015. I ended up buying a timeshare in Orlando so will be using my points the rest of next year and this year.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:34 PM   #27
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Trina,

The girls ABSOLUTELY loved the porthole. Every few minutes the youngest would always yell look mom you missed it LOL. It was nice enjoying the ship with them. I personally wanted to do a longer trip maybe 5 day but since it will be everyone's first trip I imagine I can wait. I want to do a Christmas trip too but it won't be until 2015. I ended up buying a timeshare in Orlando so will be using my points the rest of next year and this year.
So glad you all enjoyed your cruise. I wanted to book inside connecting rooms for our Fantasy trip next year but they were sold out. Maybe next time. I hope you enjoy your timeshare.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:50 PM   #28
tweis
DIS Veteran

The muster drill was quick and painless. We decided to head back to our room to change into our swimsuits so that we could enjoy the adult pool a little before heading to the future cruise desk. I have to mention that the first day there were tons of kids getting in the pool in the adult area BUT the CMs in the area did a great job of sending them on their way very quickly. The pool is not huge and obviously you can't swim laps or anything but it worked well for just splashing around or just relaxing. While we were in the pool we pulled out from PC. We decided not to join to the sail away party since it was really loud of there and it was so peaceful in the Quiet Cove area. We started noticing the water sloshing back and forth in the pool and thought it was really cool because it didn't feel like the ship was actually moving that much. We would change our minds about that later.

The future cruise desk opened at 6:00 and we wanted to "reshop" our Western on the Fantasy for May 2014 to save a few bucks and to get additional onboard credit from Disney. We were hoping to book two connecting inside rooms and cancel our 8C. I told the CM what I wanted and he told me there were no connecting rooms available for the cruise. Bummer. We were really wanting the extra space and a little privacy. The CM then went on to tell me the price for connecting rooms in the same category that I was currently sailing in. I wasn't interested in those at all. I knew 2 5Bs were not in our budget. Then he gave me a price for connecting 8Cs. I didn't want those either. He didn't seem to understand that since the connecting 11Bs were not available that I just wanted ONE 8C. He finally gave me the price for it and it was quite a bit more than what I had saw online just a few hours earlier. I mentioned this and he said it was due to others booking while onboard. Well, ok. It made no sense to rebook the same cruise at a higher price so I inquired about December 2014 on the Magic. He gave me a price that we were okay with and we paid the deposit.

I must mention that while sitting at the future cruise desk I was really noticing the movement of the ship. The CM said we were in the Florida Straits and that it would smooth out soon. I hoped so. We went back to our room and ordered a couple of all hands on deck cheese platters since we still had a while until dinner. The platters included some very tart and yummy purple grapes, cheddar, swiss, gouda, blue and babybel cheeses and I had what tasted like townhouse crackers while my DH had some kind of wheat crackers. We traded.

Last edited by tweis; 09-18-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #29
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

Enjoying your report so far....
I never realized that the prices for future cruises increased due to other people booking??? Kinda strange...

Looking forward to the rest of your report.

thanks for sharing
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Dixielady908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:37 PM   #30
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908 View Post
Enjoying your report so far....
I never realized that the prices for future cruises increased due to other people booking??? Kinda strange...

Looking forward to the rest of your report.

thanks for sharing
I will discuss that more a little later but once a certain number of rooms sell at say opening day prices, they raise prices, then once a certain number of rooms sell at those prices they once again increase and so on. We booked opening day for $5100 and the same room is now up to $5600. He made it sound like enough rooms had sold for the price to rise.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: