Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2013, 02:54 AM   #406
sgc1107
sgc1107

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagirlnfl View Post

How do I send a private message?
Think you click on my name or picture. :-)
sgc1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:56 PM   #407
mordecai
Mouseketeer

Hello Everyone, I'm Mike. We'll be joining you all on this cruise and will be staying on the 5th floor aft. Along for the ride is my Wife and 4 kids (9,7,6,3). Just came across this thread and started going through it from the beginning. Only got to page 10 so far.

We've only done 1 cruise before on the Dream last September. We decided to another one for our 10th anniversary. Hopefully get to see some of you onboard!

Also Renysmom I'll be PMing you to be in the FB group.
mordecai is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2013, 12:20 AM   #408
sgc1107
sgc1107

Hello & welcome!! I'm the one you need to PM for the FE group :-)
Old 06-08-2013, 12:20 AM   #409
mordecai
Mouseketeer

whoop apparently I didn't have enough posts to send a PM

Oh well no worries, I found the FB group with my ninja like Internet skills. Catching up with the previous forum posts in this thread and going through another thread that's been super interesting about cool things Disney doesn't necessarily advertise. Starting to compile a new list of stuff to do/see/remember for this cruise.

We had a blast this past September but it was a very short (3 day) cruise on the Dream. I wouldn't recommend ever doing one that short. There's just not enough time to do everything that you NEEEEEEEED to do
Old 06-08-2013, 12:21 AM   #410
mordecai
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgc1107 View Post
Hello & welcome!! I'm the one you need to PM for the FE group :-)

Check the FB page, I sent a request there since I can't PM
Old 06-08-2013, 12:43 AM   #411
sgc1107
sgc1107

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordecai View Post

Check the FB page, I sent a request there since I can't PM
Just added you :-) no hurry on the PM... As you read on you will see your not the only one that needed to get the 10 posts! Lol tell us a bit about your family. Talk away :-) lol
Old 06-08-2013, 12:51 AM   #412
mordecai
Mouseketeer

Hah! Yes I see that. I've been lurking these boards for (literally) years but never actually signed up. For my last cruise I got tons of tips and tricks from here and another few forums. You'll see I'm a lot more active on FB since I'm on there regularly.

We're heading in from Harrisburg area in PA and driving down. My inlaws have a house in Orlando so we're staying there the day before and the week after the cruise. As I said before we have 4 kids. The acronym designations this board uses escapes me so I'll put it in English: 9 year old boy, 7 year old girl, 6 year old girl and 2 (almost 3) year old girl.

It took me years to talk my wife into going on a cruise as she has anxiety issues with small boats. Had to convince her that a ship isn't going to be nearly as bumpy as a boat which is why we took the 3 day cruise. Now we're both hooked although I'm quite a bit more obsessed with planning and organizing the trip than she is. She just goes along for the ride
Old 06-08-2013, 01:21 AM   #413
mordecai
Mouseketeer

Since I'm trying to get my posts up to 10, here's a fun fact I learned on the Dream and I think is the same on the Fantasy. If you're outside your stateroom in the hall way and you want to know which way is forward and which is aft, look at the carpet. The carpet in the hallways have captains wheels on them with a world map in the middle. When the map is up right, you're facing forward. and aft is behind you. If the map is upsidedown, turn around
Old 06-08-2013, 01:47 AM   #414
sgc1107
sgc1107

Quote:
Since I'm trying to get my posts up to 10, here's a fun fact I learned on the Dream and I think is the same on the Fantasy. If you're outside your stateroom in the hall way and you want to know which way is forward and which is aft, look at the carpet. The carpet in the hallways have captains wheels on them with a world map in the middle. When the map is up right, you're facing forward. and aft is behind you. If the map is upsidedown, turn around
Lol yes! I can't remember exactly maybe my DH will see this post he may remember I think there's something that tells you if your going aft or forward. I'm going to do the art tour this cruise! I heard you can learn a lot! Is that how you learned this?
Old 06-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #415
CrisTinee
Earning My Ears

Hey Mike,

Welcome... Be sure to find my post on FB, if you are gonna participate in the FE exchange. I'm making personal gifts for kids and need to make sure I get their names and age to make them. And for those of you I have missed, please let me know on FB. I go on there more than here. I know Sarah is organizing the FE. I just need more time to make gifts. So the earlier I get names and ages the sooner I will get some out of the way. Don't worry adults/parentsI have a few things in mind just haven't decided. Lol. can't wait till sail day!!!!!
CrisTinee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:42 AM   #416
mordecai
Mouseketeer

Argh was trying to explain with a picture but apparently I can't post a picture until I'm past 10 posts
Old 06-08-2013, 10:44 AM   #417
mordecai
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisTinee View Post
Hey Mike,

Welcome... Be sure to find my post on FB, if you are gonna participate in the FE exchange. I'm making personal gifts for kids and need to make sure I get their names and age to make them. And for those of you I have missed, please let me know on FB. I go on there more than here. I know Sarah is organizing the FE. I just need more time to make gifts. So the earlier I get names and ages the sooner I will get some out of the way. Don't worry adults/parentsI have a few things in mind just haven't decided. Lol. can't wait till sail day!!!!!
Hello! I was just talking with my wife about the FE this morning (read: explaining it to her) so I'm still not sure if we're going to do it or not. She doesn't like thinking about this stuff until (in my opinion) it's too late. I'll try to force a decision out of her
Old 06-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #418
sgc1107
sgc1107

Quote:
Argh was trying to explain with a picture but apparently I can't post a picture until I'm past 10 posts
Lol keep posting!
Old 06-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #419
mordecai
Mouseketeer

Finally! 10 Posts!

Here is what I was talking about:

When you look down at the carpet and see this, you're facing forward and aft is behind you. If the "map" is upside down when you look down, forward is behind you and aft is ahead of you. Just helps since sometimes it's hard to orient yourself in the hallway with no windows.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #420
sgc1107
sgc1107

Quote:
Finally! 10 Posts!

Here is what I was talking about:

When you look down at the carpet and see this, you're facing forward and aft is behind you. If the "map" is upside down when you look down, forward is behind you and aft is ahead of you. Just helps since sometimes it's hard to orient yourself in the hallway with no windows.
That's neat!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: