Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2013, 06:44 AM   #46
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

Don't forget that part of the reason it took the OP two hours is because they decided to forgo the ferry and go to the monorail - that takes up time too. So it's not all WDW's fault. If they had stayed with the original ferry, they might have gotten there a lot sooner.
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite
Schmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:23 AM   #47
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

I'm not suer I understand any of this story. OP seems to have had a car.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at POR!

roomthreeseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2013, 08:41 AM   #48
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomthreeseventeen View Post
They drove in. Parked. Then needed to use the ferry or monorail to get to the gates of MK.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:42 AM   #49
wdwlver
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomthreeseventeen View Post
Yes, they had a car but you can't drive but you can't drive into MK....they had to stop at TTC. And they explained that they had driven from Tampa and only had an MK day pass which was expiring. Not sure what you don't understand.

Disney Trips
2014 - GFV & YC - 2013 - BC & BCV - 2012 - GF, BCV - 2011 - BCV, YC - 2010 - POLY & BCV - 2009 - BWV & BCV - 2008 - BWI & BWV, 2007 - BWV, 2006 - BWV & BCV,2005 - SSR & YC, 2004 - WL,2003 - Swan,2002 - WL,2001 - AKL,2000 - GF,1999 - WL & YC,1997 - WL,1994 - GF,1993 - GF & BC,1992 - GF,1991 - CR & BC, - & many trips to DLR
wdwlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:22 AM   #50
awilliams4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eticketride View Post
My wife went to guest services (another 20 minutes in line) to see if anyone cared enough to sprinkle some pixie dust our way. Instead, the CM flat out expressed disbelief in the story, never apologized for the inconvenience and failed to understand how missing rope drop could severely cripple a touring plan.
Wow, the time it took to get to the MK must have been frustrating. However, in regards to this quoted portion, I would suggest to you that this is just human nature based upon all the selfish people the CMs in that room probably deal with on a daily basis so it is probably normal for CMs to sooner or later quit believe all the stories they are told because so many of them are lies. So, I wouldn't blame the CM, I would blame your fellow humans on this one.
awilliams4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:31 AM   #51
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwlver View Post
Yes, they had a car but you can't drive but you can't drive into MK....they had to stop at TTC. And they explained that they had driven from Tampa and only had an MK day pass which was expiring. Not sure what you don't understand.
Ah, I see. DH and I don't drive so I wasn't sure of the logistics.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at POR!

roomthreeseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:00 AM   #52
resintx
Earning My Ears

Angry Rude CMs

I had a CM call me a ***** before. We were given stale popcorn and asked if we could wait for fresh popcorn and the CM said "this is fresh popcorn" and then turned to the other CM and said"the ***** wants fresh popcorn". We were so mad!! Went to City Hall and the wait was over an hour to talk to someone. So, we just left for the evening!!
resintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:27 AM   #53
eticketride
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by resintx View Post
I had a CM call me a ***** before. We were given stale popcorn and asked if we could wait for fresh popcorn and the CM said "this is fresh popcorn" and then turned to the other CM and said"the ***** wants fresh popcorn". We were so mad!! Went to City Hall and the wait was over an hour to talk to someone. So, we just left for the evening!!
That made me laugh out loud because it is so ridiculous. I would say that takes the cake for the best of the worst CM stories I've heard. Every time I imagine that scene, I have to laugh. Now stand by for the "well can you imagine how much popcorn Disney has to make every day - you can't always expect it to be fresh. I can't believe you would ask for them to make you fresh popcorn" crowd to join in.
eticketride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #54
capegirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
REALLY?
capegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:41 PM   #55
lucyem
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkly View Post
I hate the monorail. There I said it. I felt really unsafe so high up off the ground and it kept stopping (Twice in the Contemporary!). I was frightened we were going to get stuck in the middle of the route. Next time it's the resort bus or ferryboat!
I hate the monorail for just those reasons. Yes when it works it is fabulous. But these days we have been stuck more often then not when dealing with it. Nothing worse then a stuck on a stinky hot monorail. I guess stuck in a stinky hot monorail with a whole crowd of people and unable to sit.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #56
Magpie
I guess there's not much else to do in the jar
Mean people - they don't matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eticketride View Post
That made me laugh out loud because it is so ridiculous. I would say that takes the cake for the best of the worst CM stories I've heard. Every time I imagine that scene, I have to laugh. Now stand by for the "well can you imagine how much popcorn Disney has to make every day - you can't always expect it to be fresh. I can't believe you would ask for them to make you fresh popcorn" crowd to join in.
Actually, considering how much they make and sell every day, I'm just wondering when the popcorn would ever have an opportunity to go stale!
Magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:01 PM   #57
A Mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

I am sorry you had a bad day but don't complain about the line at the Grand Floridian, or the generator, you weren't staying there. Yes, by all means complain about the broken express Monorail line & super long lines for the Ferry. How do you think those that were staying at the GF felt waiting in line with those who weren't staying because they thought they were jumping the Ferry line when they saw the Resort Monorail leaving and jumped on board Seems the Monorail is down more than it isn't. At least that is my observation of it. I do know you were trying to make the best of it, so don't take what I am saying the wrong way. I hope you see what I mean.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and to the poster who said "honestly" it is the CM's job to smile while being yelled at, wrong, they don't have to smile while you ream them out. No, they are not allowed to yell back at you, but they do not have to smile and take it. They can walk away from you, they are not paid to be abused by the guest. They are paid to give guest service, not be their punching bag...
Old 06-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #58
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I find all of this a little hard to swallow. First off, that the wait at City Hall was over an hour. The line would be out the door and out the front gates of MK for that to be true. Second, you didn't e-mail or write a letter of complaint once you were home? I can tell you if a CM called me a nasty name Disney would know about it asap!!!! I wouldn't meekly leave the park with my tail tucked between my legs.
maxiesmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #59
A Mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
I'm sorry, but I find all of this a little hard to swallow. First off, that the wait at City Hall was over an hour. The line would be out the door and out the front gates of MK for that to be true. Second, you didn't e-mail or write a letter of complaint once you were home? I can tell you if a CM called me a nasty name Disney would know about it asap!!!! I wouldn't meekly leave the park with my tail tucked between my legs.
I have to agree with you about the line. If it were over an hours wait, it would be out the door and to the turnstiles .... I have waited no more than 20 minutes once and that line was all the way down the stairs and onto the sidewalk... so I highly doubt it was over an hour. Yes, I also agree, I would have emailed when I got home. Heck, I would not have waited till I got home, I would have whipped out my cell phone and called guest services if I was called one of those words. I never would have walked out of the park like that.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:07 PM   #60
capegirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Exactly. The post was beyond ridiculous; they need to get a life.
capegirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: