Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2013, 10:08 AM   #16
tiggerfan77
I clearly do not make it to WDW enough

Hello! "POP"ping in on your first PTR! (hee, hee) Look forward to hearing more about your trip. I have done MVMCP but have not done MNSSHP and would love to do someday! So can't wait to hear about that part of your trip
tiggerfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:12 PM   #17
Blessedwithboys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerfan77 View Post
Hello! "POP"ping in on your first PTR! (hee, hee) Look forward to hearing more about your trip. I have done MVMCP but have not done MNSSHP and would love to do someday! So can't wait to hear about that part of your trip
Welcome!! Did you love MVMCP? I here that MNSSHP has the best parade and fireworks Disney has to offer so I really and excited
Blessedwithboys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2013, 12:40 PM   #18
Blessedwithboys
Mouseketeer

One last W

Why? (please know a loss is mentioned)

Well because we love Disney! But really more than that, we have had a really tough 6-8 months and we want to get back to that place where the rest of the world is kind of non-existent for a little while. I will give you all a little bit of backstory. Stick with me We returned home from our last trip in on September 27th 2012. Turns out we had a little visitor with us on the trip that we never knew about. On October 6th I found out I was pregnant (about 3-4 weeks along). I had two pretty difficult pregnancies with my boys. Nothing out of the ordinary just some pre term labor issues. We had also had one previous loss (between my boys) so the thought of a miscarriage was in the back of my mind through every pregnancy. It is for everyone right :/ So when I began to have some bleeding on Halloween night my Dr wanted me to come to the ER. It was then that found out that the baby was in there doing fine but that they thought it was implanted in my previous cesarean scar which is a very rare, serious condition called a cesearean ectopic. They suggested we terminate. We could not do it. We wanted a second opinion. We went later that week to see a Dr of Maternal fetal medicine who suggested we watch how the baby grew if it grew into the scar or away from it. We went for weekly ultrasounds and the entire hospital became our home away from home. They finally had enough measurements to determine that the baby was not growing into my scar but away from it, but that things were worse than they had thought I had placenta accreta. A serious condition where the placenta grows at a rapid rate. I had two serious bleeding episodes that resulted in me being rushed to the hospital via ambulance. Both time we feared the worst but both times that baby was growing and so, so sweet. At our twelve week ultra sound we got to see the baby kicking its tiny feet, we got to see elbows and a sweet little profile. We also found out that day that the placenta had grown into my bladder a condition then known as placenta percreta. They then again counseled my husband and I to terminate. But we declined. Neither our hearts nor our faith would allow us to take life from that baby. That night we decided no matter what happened we were giving this baby every chance we could. I woke up two days later bleeding heavily. I was taken by ambulance to Magee where we found out that baby had not only passed but I was having a massive hemorrhage. I was in an out of consciousness and I remember just telling them they had to save my life I had two boys that needed their mommy. I ended up receiving a full blood transfusion, fresh frozen plasma, and 3 surgeries (which compromised my fertility) I spent 2 days in ICU and countless hours of the last six months recovering both mentally and physically. The whole thing really made me realize that these days with our children are precious. Disney and that first trip will always hold such a special place in our hearts because even though we had no clue that baby was right there with us the whole time
Old 05-29-2013, 10:26 AM   #19
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessedwithboys View Post
Why? (please know a loss is mentioned)

Well because we love Disney! But really more than that, we have had a really tough 6-8 months and we want to get back to that place where the rest of the world is kind of non-existent for a little while. I will give you all a little bit of backstory. Stick with me We returned home from our last trip in on September 27th 2012. Turns out we had a little visitor with us on the trip that we never knew about. On October 6th I found out I was pregnant (about 3-4 weeks along). I had two pretty difficult pregnancies with my boys. Nothing out of the ordinary just some pre term labor issues. We had also had one previous loss (between my boys) so the thought of a miscarriage was in the back of my mind through every pregnancy. It is for everyone right :/ So when I began to have some bleeding on Halloween night my Dr wanted me to come to the ER. It was then that found out that the baby was in there doing fine but that they thought it was implanted in my previous cesarean scar which is a very rare, serious condition called a cesearean ectopic. They suggested we terminate. We could not do it. We wanted a second opinion. We went later that week to see a Dr of Maternal fetal medicine who suggested we watch how the baby grew if it grew into the scar or away from it. We went for weekly ultrasounds and the entire hospital became our home away from home. They finally had enough measurements to determine that the baby was not growing into my scar but away from it, but that things were worse than they had thought I had placenta accreta. A serious condition where the placenta grows at a rapid rate. I had two serious bleeding episodes that resulted in me being rushed to the hospital via ambulance. Both time we feared the worst but both times that baby was growing and so, so sweet. At our twelve week ultra sound we got to see the baby kicking its tiny feet, we got to see elbows and a sweet little profile. We also found out that day that the placenta had grown into my bladder a condition then known as placenta percreta. They then again counseled my husband and I to terminate. But we declined. Neither our hearts nor our faith would allow us to take life from that baby. That night we decided no matter what happened we were giving this baby every chance we could. I woke up two days later bleeding heavily. I was taken by ambulance to Magee where we found out that baby had not only passed but I was having a massive hemorrhage. I was in an out of consciousness and I remember just telling them they had to save my life I had two boys that needed their mommy. I ended up receiving a full blood transfusion, fresh frozen plasma, and 3 surgeries (which compromised my fertility) I spent 2 days in ICU and countless hours of the last six months recovering both mentally and physically. The whole thing really made me realize that these days with our children are precious. Disney and that first trip will always hold such a special place in our hearts because even though we had no clue that baby was right there with us the whole time
I don't know what to say, I am so sorry, sending tons of hugs your way. That must have been so difficult to go through, you are one strong woman.

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm Possible." ~ Audrey Hepburn

WeLoveLilo05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:18 PM   #20
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

Hey Jaisa!

I am so glad that you decided to do a PTR!! Great Start! As a mom of two young boys myself, I love little families with two boys.. As much as I wanted ( and still do) a girl, I love having two boys.

I am booked at CBR but I would be lying if I told you that I didn't think about switching to a value some days.. I have stayed at POP before but I was only 15 so I vaguely remember it.

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
Marsheliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:27 PM   #21
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

OMG, I don't know how I skipped over the why but I did.. I am just so sorry and don't even know what to say... Wow... I am sorry that you had to go through all that. I do understand what you mean about life being non-existent in Disney, I totally understand that. With my mom passing in April, it is so nice to have something to look forward too and I cant wait to get back to where reality doesn't exist and just focus on my family. Hugs to you!

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

Old 05-29-2013, 09:17 PM   #22
Blessedwithboys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLoveLilo05 View Post
I don't know what to say, I am so sorry, sending tons of hugs your way. That must have been so difficult to go through, you are one strong woman.
Awe well thank you! How sweet are you. My faith got me through the thick of it.
I was not sure if I should share it but it is part of our family story now
Old 05-29-2013, 09:21 PM   #23
Blessedwithboys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
Hey Jaisa!

I am so glad that you decided to do a PTR!! Great Start! As a mom of two young boys myself, I love little families with two boys.. As much as I wanted ( and still do) a girl, I love having two boys.

I am booked at CBR but I would be lying if I told you that I didn't think about switching to a value some days.. I have stayed at POP before but I was only 15 so I vaguely remember it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
OMG, I don't know how I skipped over the why but I did.. I am just so sorry and don't even know what to say... Wow... I am sorry that you had to go through all that. I do understand what you mean about life being non-existent in Disney, I totally understand that. With my mom passing in April, it is so nice to have something to look forward too and I cant wait to get back to where reality doesn't exist and just focus on my family. Hugs to you!
I am so glad you are here!!!

Having two little boys is just special! Especially when you have them kinda close like ours are. They just give off this really awesome energy, right?!

Its that Disney bubble we all talk about! It makes things just a tad easier when you have those Disney rose colored glasses on
Old 05-29-2013, 09:43 PM   #24
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Hi Joining in! You have a beautiful family I'm sorry for the hard time you had to go through : / however it's great that you seem to be open, coping and doing well- however !
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:38 AM   #25
Blessedwithboys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Hi Joining in! You have a beautiful family I'm sorry for the hard time you had to go through : / however it's great that you seem to be open, coping and doing well- however !
Welcome!! I am glad you are here
Thank you for the sweet comments. We know that despite all we went through this year we have been blessed as well!
Old 05-31-2013, 08:42 AM   #26
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessedwithboys View Post
I am so glad you are here!!!

Having two little boys is just special! Especially when you have them kinda close like ours are. They just give off this really awesome energy, right?!

Its that Disney bubble we all talk about! It makes things just a tad easier when you have those Disney rose colored glasses on

Oh yeah, totally agree about having two boys is so special.. They love their mamas and I cant wait to have those rose colored glasses on!

Old 06-05-2013, 01:38 PM   #27
monkey30
Dreaming of my next vacation!

Joining in! We will be there the week before you.

Hugs, I understand the whole Magic bubble, and wanting to just be in it!

September Family Trip 2012 PTR
DL Trip Report 2012
Left the Kids at home PTR 2013
monkey30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:29 AM   #28
Blessedwithboys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey30 View Post
Joining in! We will be there the week before you.

Hugs, I understand the whole Magic bubble, and wanting to just be in it!
So glad you are here!!! I am heading over to your PTR as well!
Old 06-07-2013, 07:10 AM   #29
Blessedwithboys
Mouseketeer

Our How.......and-Am I nuts it is 500 bucks!

So finally onto our H! How are we getting there?! I am sure this part, though sometimes the most boring part of most trip reports will be super interesting. We are DRIVING 1010 miles with a 5 year old and a 2 year old is a small SUV!! Sounds super fun right
We were not initially going to drive you see, we tend to start out sensible and the longer we try to pretend we are sane individuals the harder it gets we break and fall into our ridiculous, insensible, nutty ways yet again. Hey what can I say we keep it interesting.
Last trip we flew out of a tiny airport about 45 minutes away. Security lines were non-existent, staff was friendly and prices were cheap. So obviously we wanted to fly out of this airport again. But with the federal budget cuts the airport was to shut down in June, the airline decided to keep it up and running but we thought the safer bet was not to fly out of there in fear of canceled flights, etc. After pricing out Pittsburgh International flights, with parking we were flabbergasted to see the price Pair the price with long security lines, crowded boarding areas and just pure commotion we were not thrilled.
My husband suggested we drive. I was at first against it. All I could think about was 15-17 hours in the car with the kids. DH started pointing out all the pluses. We could take what we want no baggage fees or packing restrictions (this cost me an entire day of repacking last trip) no pricey garden grocer order, ability to drive to the park or an ADR if we felt like it, the ability to leave a day earlier (driving through the night) and get there way earlier than we would with our flight! EXTRA Disney day YES PLEASE! Also if we drove we would have the ability to see friends in Louisville that we have not seen in a year and who just purchased a new home!! I priced it out. Saw 400.00 total for gas (according to the AAA calculator) and I was convinced! I imagine our gas will come in much lower as we have a grocery perks fuel program and all summer I am saving our points to kick the trip off with hopefully a free tank of gas.
I am sure the kids will handle the drive well... right?.... I mean look at these precious faces........

So on to my other note of PTR business.... the 500 bucks are we nuts.... yep we are thinking about costing ourselves another 500.00. EEP!
I must justify our thought process first right??
So our resort. We should have never stayed at AOA for our first trip. I am not good with change. When I like something I like it. I don't want a different brand, or color etc. We are booked at Pop this time with FD, its a great deal. In theory has what we want fun atmosphere, one bus stop, decent price. But really I am just not over the moon about it. I have been trying to pshyce myself up with photos and reviews( the reviews have been a tad deterring in some ways) and all I can think of it how can we get in a suite at AOA. None of the mods really appeal to me. It just isn't 'us' and really our heart lies across the bridge. So last night my DH got a call to do a transport run for his work. Basically 15 hours of pure overtime. He took it, looked at me and said "Book a LM room at AOA I just made you 500.00" Its not a suite but at least we will be at AOA!!! Our Pop ressie was about 500.00 cheaper than a LM standard at AOA and that 500.00 was holding me back. I was thrilled. I was jumping up and down AOA just has 'it' for us. We love it there. The zero entry pool with the spray pad is fantastic. The themeing is amazing, the buses were fantastic. We love the grounds. It is just home for us for now. Maybe another trip we will try something new! I am making it a point to explore Pop this trip to see if we feel it there!!!

So I totally realize this post has convinced you all that we are totally unreasonable people!
Old 06-07-2013, 07:35 AM   #30
SAT887
DIS Veteran

I wish we could drive! We are about 24-26 hrs away (in NH) we are driving to NC this week which is about 14-15 hrs

Yay for the LM room!! We always end up splurging on vacation. It's vacation after all
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: