Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2013, 12:00 AM   #91
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theparsons View Post
My twin daughters were 11 when they did BBB back in 2008. After they were done with the makeover we started walking down Main Street. Now, being identical twins they always garner a bit of attention (even now at nearly 17 they still dress alike and get noticed because they are so identical).....but the attention they got that morning was so magical. A Photopass guy stopped and ask them if they would pose for him....then took them up and down the street doing portraits with all different buildings behind them not just the castle.....they had a group of Asian tourists gesture that they wanted to take photos with the girls (something that ordinarily would freak me out, but I understood WHY).....there were 4 or so of them and each had to stand with the girls while another snapped several photos......the Dapper Dans came over and sang to them on bended knee.....oh heavens they felt like real live princesses. We finally made it to the photopass place for their photo-shoot and who came walking out but Mary and Bert and they ended up with probably a 10 minute totally private discussion since we were inside the building and no one noticed us!

All this to say that all that attention is exactly what they wanted and absolutely positively made their day!

I do agree with the other posters though that some caution needs to be taken to be sure that you don't frighten a shy little one.....and the idea to ask mom/dad first might be wise......most times though a minute or two of observing can tell you if a young princess is shy or outgoing. Sounds like OPs daughter is aware of this particular issue and should be able to make the right choice.

Spreading pixie dust is one of my favorite things.....I'm not sure parents would feel comfortable with this middle-aged Pooh sized woman going up to their kid, but I just may suggest it to my now nearly 17 year olds.....to pay back some of the love they received!
I'm not knocking your post at all but there's a big difference here in that all that attention came from cast members where there's an inherent trust that they're on the clock and there's set consequences to their actions. If you felt uncomfortable with what was going on and said as much, they would have known to stop based on their training. I'd hope OP's daughter would do the same, or anyone else trying to spread pixie dust but they might not. They might see it as a challenge to show how they were only trying to do good. If something bad happened there was recourse for you to follow. If a regular guest crossed a line, itd just be harder to deal with.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:05 AM   #92
mi*vida*loca
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

We're talking about a 16 year old girl taking a picture with a 5 year old girl. Not a 40 year old man.

You know how many people are in the backround of my WDW pictures that I have posted online? The same for my kids being in other people's pictures. Especially in the pool. DD in her bathing suit.

I don't see the big deal in taking a picture of my fully clothed DD.

10/2003 & 3/2008 - Offsite
3/2009 - CBR

8/2011 - CBR

mi*vida*loca is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #93
Suzanne74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrecmc View Post
We've actually had several occasions where CM's have whipped out autograph books for DD to sign when she was all dressed up. She ate it up! Maybe not all kids would, but she loved the attention.

One time, she was dressed up in a custom Mary Poppins outfit...the Jolly Holiday one. Complete with parasol, the works. Absolutely adorable, if I do say so myself. She got loads of attention that day and many people took her picture. I actually appreciated if they asked, because really, they could've just taken it. We did have several groups of what I believe were Japanese girls that wanted to be in the picture with her. Seemed a cultural thing and didn't bother me or DD, who would've happily posed with the entire park, led the parade, whatever I'd let her get away with.
That is awesome. What a great memory for her
09/11 - Kidani 1 bdrm villa savannah view!, 09/08 - Disney Cruise 4 night Wonder , 11/07 - Grand Floridian Christmas trip, 08/06 - POP Century (free dining), 10/05 - Coronado Springs Resort (free dining), 05/05 - Polynesian Lagoon Concierge, 09/04 - Old Key West 1 bdrm villa, 09/04 - Dolphin , 04/00 - Offsite, 06/98 - Contemporary, 08/96 - Contemporary Wing Room, 05/92 - Offsite, 08/90 - Disneyland, 4 other times with my family as a kid. All offsite.
Suzanne74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #94
Blessedwith3boys
Mouseketeer

I love love love the autograph part of this! I do not like when strangers take my kids pictures! In the crazy world that we live in....all I can think about is what they might do with my kiddos photos!
Blessedwith3boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #95
KorieDWnut
Known to be the cranky person to comment under my breath

I also have 3 girls. A teenage girl asking for my kids' autographs, even a photo, I wouldn't have a problem with. If it was an Adult male, I would likely have a problem with the photo.

People talk to my kids all the time when we are out. As long as I am right there, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I am actually flattered that people like my kids in public!
Old 06-08-2013, 10:33 PM   #96
Miranda Danda
DIS Veteran

We would certainly allow this with our DD4! What a sweet and considerate DD you have, OP!!!

DH32~Kevin, Me~Miranda, DD5~Jubilee
Miranda Danda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:11 PM   #97
theparsons
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockShockBarrel View Post
I'm not knocking your post at all but there's a big difference here in that all that attention came from cast members where there's an inherent trust that they're on the clock and there's set consequences to their actions. If you felt uncomfortable with what was going on and said as much, they would have known to stop based on their training. I'd hope OP's daughter would do the same, or anyone else trying to spread pixie dust but they might not. They might see it as a challenge to show how they were only trying to do good. If something bad happened there was recourse for you to follow. If a regular guest crossed a line, itd just be harder to deal with.
True...but the gaggle of Asian tourist groups were strangers that under ordinary circumstances I probably would have had concern and walked on by after politely declining.....I guess what I was trying to convey was that most of the girls who do BBB are lovers of attention and OP's young daughter granting them all that loving attention can make a little ones day!
theparsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:11 PM   #98
Jennybump
Mouseketeer

I don't know how I'd feel about the photo, but I think the interaction is adorable and my daughter would be completely tickled by it! What a nice way to surprise a kid in a boring spot. Would she do a pirate voice for kids dressed as pirates, too, and pretend they're her long lost Cap'n? :-)
Jennybump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:20 AM   #99
TXDisneyFan1
Earning My Ears

Oh my goodness, people...what have we become? There is such an epidemic of sweet 16 year old girls who go to Disney with their all-American family and seek out unsuspecting little girls to take pictures with and later use them for perverse purposes. I think I missed that Dateline episode.

Your daughter is wonderful and it would make my little girl's day if she came up and asked for her autograph AND picture...planned or spontaneous.
TXDisneyFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:25 AM   #100
TXDisneyFan1
Earning My Ears

Oh my goodness, people...what have we become? There is such an epidemic of sweet 16 year old girls who go to Disney with their all-American family and seek out unsuspecting little girls to take pictures with and later use them for perverse purposes. I think I missed that Dateline episode.

Your daughter is wonderful and it would make my little girl's day if she came up and asked for her autograph AND picture...planned or spontaneous.
TXDisneyFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:36 AM   #101
Eliza'sMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXDisneyFan1

Personally, I'm not necessarily concerned about the 16-year-old or the mom taking the picture. I'm concerned about when the well-meaning mom puts it on her Facebook page, and maybe one of her "friends" is someone I'd rather not have access to my child's photos, or maybe her Facebook profile isn't as private as I would like and some creepy friend of a friend of a friend has access to it. I realize this can happen with the photos we may be in the background of, but that doesn't mean I have to like it or make it any easier for the creeps to get ahold of.

Our Disney trips together:
October 2005: Honeymoon at CSR December 2006: Got a pin code we couldn't resist and headed to POFQ June 2007: Big family vacation off-site December 2007: Babymoon at POFQ December 2009: Ellie's first trip, our first trip as DVC members at BWV April 2010: Mike's 30th and Ellie's 2nd birthday celebration at Pop/AKV September/October 2010: BWV for MNSSHP and Harry Potter April 2011: A week at Jambo House before Ellie turns 3 May 2012: Back to AKV for baby's 1st trip to Disney! Nov/Dec 2012: Our first Disney cruise! Plus AOA, BLT and BWV -- whew! October 2013: Fall fun at Jambo House March/April 2014: Spring break at BWV/VWL January 2015: AOA and BLT
Eliza'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:23 AM   #102
mamahas5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXDisneyFan1 View Post

This. Of course there are creepers out there, always have been and always will be...IMO in OP's case she was obviously being a sweet kid and that's that.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:44 AM   #103
Bob NC
DIS Veteran
I am a trained professional
$7.61
Wilma Flintstone can vacuum my floors with a baby elephant anyday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXDisneyFan1 View Post
"Hi, I'm Chris Hanson, why don't you have a seat right over here......."
Bob NC is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: