Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #2221
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Down 3 this week -- Don't applaud, that means I'm still UP 1.8 from before I went to the ocean for three whole days two weeks ago. Going in the right direction though!
I will applaud because the scale is moving in the right direction!
Old 06-06-2013, 10:10 PM   #2222
robinb
DIS Veteran

My Thursday check-in: I'm down 3.4 today after being up 2.4 last week. I knew that last week was messed up but I took my lumps and weighed in anyway. I am walking 20-60 minutes per day so I think that's really making a difference.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2013, 10:13 AM   #2223
RapunzelsBFF
Earning My Ears

I weighed myself this morning for weigh in, and I'm down only 0.2. I am just pretty disappointed because I went to the gym every single day and worked my butt off so hard. Last night I was on the treadmill for 100 minutes. I do not understand what I did wrong to come up with such a tiny loss. I ate my points, drank tons of water, exercised. I think I am mostly disappointed because after last week's weigh in I was only 0.3 pounds away from a 15 pound loss, and I thought for sure this week I would hit it. So, I've been on WW for exactly two months, and lost 14.9 pounds. I still have like 80 pounds to go. Does anyone know if 14.9 pounds in two months for someone who has 80-100 pounds to lose is normal?
Old 06-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #2224
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelsBFF View Post
I weighed myself this morning for weigh in, and I'm down only 0.2. I am just pretty disappointed because I went to the gym every single day and worked my butt off so hard. Last night I was on the treadmill for 100 minutes. I do not understand what I did wrong to come up with such a tiny loss. I ate my points, drank tons of water, exercised. I think I am mostly disappointed because after last week's weigh in I was only 0.3 pounds away from a 15 pound loss, and I thought for sure this week I would hit it.
Did you just increase your exercise last week? Many times people will have a very small loss (if they are lucky) or even a gain a bit when they start to exercise more. Your muscles retain water to repair themselves and that water shows up on the scale for a week or two and then ... woosh! ... it goes away.

Quote:
So, I've been on WW for exactly two months, and lost 14.9 pounds. I still have like 80 pounds to go. Does anyone know if 14.9 pounds in two months for someone who has 80-100 pounds to lose is normal?
The program is set up for a 1-2 lbs safe weight loss per week no matter how much you have to lose. So, I would say that 14.9 lbs in 8 weeks is right on target .
Old 06-07-2013, 11:00 AM   #2225
RapunzelsBFF
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Did you just increase your exercise last week? Many times people will have a very small loss (if they are lucky) or even a gain a bit when they start to exercise more. Your muscles retain water to repair themselves and that water shows up on the scale for a week or two and then ... woosh! ... it goes away.

The program is set up for a 1-2 lbs safe weight loss per week no matter how much you have to lose. So, I would say that 14.9 lbs in 8 weeks is right on target .
Thanks so much for your reply.
My week starts Fridays, so I usually go to the gym Friday, Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. This week I went Wednesday as well. I did increase the length of time I exercised. Maybe that was it. I don't usually stay on the treadmill for more than 60 minutes and this week I stayed on 40 minutes longer. I did the exact same amount of weights that I normally do each week.
Glad to know I'm on target. I just felt like I was losing too slowly. I guess I'm just impatient!
Old 06-07-2013, 11:10 AM   #2226
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelsBFF View Post
Thanks so much for your reply.
My week starts Fridays, so I usually go to the gym Friday, Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. This week I went Wednesday as well. I did increase the length of time I exercised. Maybe that was it. I don't usually stay on the treadmill for more than 60 minutes and this week I stayed on 40 minutes longer. I did the exact same amount of weights that I normally do each week.
Glad to know I'm on target. I just felt like I was losing too slowly. I guess I'm just impatient!
You didn't gain all that weight overnight and you're not going to lose it overnight either. At least not take it off and keep it off!

Here is an article on the WW website about weight gain due to exercise: http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/a...d=11331&sc=128 .
Old 06-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #2227
Conway733
DIS Veteran

I'm thinking about signing up for WW online. Seems like everyone on here is seeing success. I'm just hesitant because of the cost, but from reading the posts on here, looks like it is worth it.
Conway733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:16 AM   #2228
NC State
DIS Veteran

Down another .8 so I'm back at a 41 total lost. I feel that I'm back on track with two weeks of big losses.

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
NC State is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:27 PM   #2229
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

Rapunzel'sBFF, I know it's disappointing, but you've got to keep in mind that the work doesn't always show on WI day...maybe next week you'll catch up. I've definitely had that happen. Hang in there, you are doing the right thing, and it is paying off. I find the weeks I don't lose, or lose much, tend to be the weeks I notice my clothes are getting loose. I'll bet if you look, you'll find another motivator. Looser clothes, maybe an easier time climbing the stairs, or more energy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway733 View Post
I'm thinking about signing up for WW online. Seems like everyone on here is seeing success. I'm just hesitant because of the cost, but from reading the posts on here, looks like it is worth it.
Conway, I cringe when I see the charge on my cc, but I know I'd spend the money on crap food if I wasn't doing this, or maybe on clothes from Omar the Tent Maker that I'd hate. The tools are really useful and the program makes sense. You could also be spending the money on "plan" food which *stays* expensive and doesn't teach you how to eat real food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State View Post
Down another .8 so I'm back at a 41 total lost. I feel that I'm back on track with two weeks of big losses.
THat's great NC state, well done!!

Down 1.4 this week after being up 0.8 last week. Phew. Total of 27 lbs now. I'd really like to lose another 8 before we go away in 8 weeks. This was the week I moved from morning weigh-ins, to after work...so with that in mind, the 1.4 is especially good.

I had an "a-ha" moment this week. I carried in a 10 kg bag of flour from the car. It was heavy! Then I realized, a few months ago, I carried that much (and more) around with every step I took! Wow.

So here's a problem for me...just started back at a 9-5 in the office kinda desk job. I am doing well at packing a good, balanced lunch, but I am just physically bored I guess, and I am always wanting something to snack on. "Smelly" snacks are frowned upon--microwave popcorn would be great, but I don't feel comfortable bringing it in. I am craving things like crackers or chips (or popcorn...). What are good alternatives? The *job* is great, and engaging, but I am used to being up and about, and I think that's what's doing me in.

1st trip May/June 06
Jan/Feb 07, same crew at CBR. DCL Magic Eastern Dec 07 CSR Sept 2009
Universal/WWoHP in Sunset Lakes villa Feb 2010 Same again Aug 2013 in Emerald Island villa
PTR/TR Without the Mouse Round 2
TR: First visit to Universal/SeaWorld Feb 2011
coastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:02 PM   #2230
TARAMEOW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
It's worked pretty good for me also. I started feb. 17 and I was 249lbs
Today I'm 217.6 lbs. it's a slow journey but it works

TARAMEOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:42 AM   #2231
runsandjumps
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastgirl View Post
Rapunzel'sBFF, I know it's disappointing, but you've got to keep in mind that the work doesn't always show on WI day...maybe next week you'll catch up. I've definitely had that happen. Hang in there, you are doing the right thing, and it is paying off. I find the weeks I don't lose, or lose much, tend to be the weeks I notice my clothes are getting loose. I'll bet if you look, you'll find another motivator. Looser clothes, maybe an easier time climbing the stairs, or more energy?

Conway, I cringe when I see the charge on my cc, but I know I'd spend the money on crap food if I wasn't doing this, or maybe on clothes from Omar the Tent Maker that I'd hate. The tools are really useful and the program makes sense. You could also be spending the money on "plan" food which *stays* expensive and doesn't teach you how to eat real food.

THat's great NC state, well done!!

Down 1.4 this week after being up 0.8 last week. Phew. Total of 27 lbs now. I'd really like to lose another 8 before we go away in 8 weeks. This was the week I moved from morning weigh-ins, to after work...so with that in mind, the 1.4 is especially good.

I had an "a-ha" moment this week. I carried in a 10 kg bag of flour from the car. It was heavy! Then I realized, a few months ago, I carried that much (and more) around with every step I took! Wow.

For some reason this made me cry a little. I have so much weight to lose and I feel sorry for my bones.

Ana
runsandjumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:45 AM   #2232
TARAMEOW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by runsandjumps View Post
For some reason this made me cry a little. I have so much weight to lose and I feel sorry for my bones.

Ana
I know hoe you feel. I have lost 32lbs now and still have 47 more till my first goal. And even then ill still be over weight
Just take it one day at a time. Every little bit helps and your bones will thank you

TARAMEOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:59 AM   #2233
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Online works for many people. I need the meetings to keep me on track, so it wouldn't be a good fit for me. Why don't you give it a try? I think they have a 3-month initial plan that would be a fair trial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastgirl View Post
So here's a problem for me...just started back at a 9-5 in the office kinda desk job. I am doing well at packing a good, balanced lunch, but I am just physically bored I guess, and I am always wanting something to snack on. "Smelly" snacks are frowned upon--microwave popcorn would be great, but I don't feel comfortable bringing it in. I am craving things like crackers or chips (or popcorn...). What are good alternatives? The *job* is great, and engaging, but I am used to being up and about, and I think that's what's doing me in.
What about popping popcorn in advance and putting it in a ziplock bag to keep fresh? It's not the popcorn that's stinky, it's the cooking process that's stinky. You can also bring pre-measured snack bags of pretzels or maybe some of those WW bags of snacks.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:10 AM   #2234
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post

What about popping popcorn in advance and putting it in a ziplock bag to keep fresh? It's not the popcorn that's stinky, it's the cooking process that's stinky. You can also bring pre-measured snack bags of pretzels or maybe some of those WW bags of snacks.
Whine...but I LIKE it hot and stinky. Good advice, though, a bag of popcorn would probably keep me going all day for a few points. I have a couple of 2-pt snacks that I take for the day, but even at 2 pts it adds up fast.

1st trip May/June 06
Jan/Feb 07, same crew at CBR. DCL Magic Eastern Dec 07 CSR Sept 2009
Universal/WWoHP in Sunset Lakes villa Feb 2010 Same again Aug 2013 in Emerald Island villa
PTR/TR Without the Mouse Round 2
TR: First visit to Universal/SeaWorld Feb 2011
coastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #2235
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

I know I've been missing a lot lately. Can't promise I'll be back on the boards much but I will try to check in here more regularly. Our April trip left me feeling a bit blah about all things Disney. I'm sure it will pass eventually. But for now, for the first time since our first trip in 2007, I can honestly say that I'm not planning another trip.

Down 1 lb. this week -- which still doesn't take me back to the low I reached in May AFTER our trip to WDW in April. I just have to keep on keeping on.

This weekend has been a bad weekend -- steamed crabs for the family, and crabs always have to be followed with chocolate, you know. We had our four kids here last night without the rest of their families and then dh and I picked and nibbled our way through the rest today for crab soup. Crabs are probably my number one water retainer. I was up four pounds this morning! I'm not feeling very optimistic about my Tuesday WI!
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: