Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 07:09 PM   #1501
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows909 View Post
Looks like my trip plans are changing...(husband's job, makes planning crazy!)...so please explain to me why I want either Bay lake view or Theme park View.....Have no clue which one to get... On the plus side, I am very excited at the prospect of staying there!!!
Bay Lake View is beautiful, relaxing, expansive. Theme park view is magical with magic kingdom right out your window as well as the fireworks. You can also see GF, Poly and AK in the distance but you also get the parking lot below. Of course you can also see the monorail coming towards the CR.

It's just a matter of preference. Do you want relaxing or exciting?
Old 06-05-2013, 08:05 PM   #1502
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
Bay Lake View is beautiful, relaxing, expansive. Theme park view is magical with magic kingdom right out your window as well as the fireworks. You can also see GF, Poly and AK in the distance but you also get the parking lot below. Of course you can also see the monorail coming towards the CR.

It's just a matter of preference. Do you want relaxing or exciting?
Lol, both! I would love to see the fireworks, but I am pulled by the lake view. You know, before I joined this forum I wasn't torn quite so much! But Disney is very addictive as all of you know! Thank you for your post!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2013, 10:37 PM   #1503
smooreo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Lol, both! I would love to see the fireworks, but I am pulled by the lake view. You know, before I joined this forum I wasn't torn quite so much! But Disney is very addictive as all of you know! Thank you for your post!
We were just there last October and got a theme park view (all that was left). We loved it! We watched Wishes from our balcony with a drink in hand. Seeing the castle and Space Mountain was like the icing on the cake. We probably won't be as lucky a second time! It is over the parking lot, though, but we found you didn't really focus on it.

We were in room 8116. Here is a link to some pics:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1856
Old 06-06-2013, 03:02 AM   #1504
Irishlisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooreo View Post

We were just there last October and got a theme park view (all that was left). We loved it! We watched Wishes from our balcony with a drink in hand. Seeing the castle and Space Mountain was like the icing on the cake. We probably won't be as lucky a second time! It is over the parking lot, though, but we found you didn't really focus on it.

We were in room 8116. Here is a link to some pics:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1856
How did you know the room numbers and which room to request for the best view? I would love to know this

DH, Me, DS(9), DD(7), DD(5), DD(5)

Old 06-06-2013, 04:08 AM   #1505
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishlisa View Post
How did you know the room numbers and which room to request for the best view? I would love to know this
You don't need to know room numbers. In fact, it's best to not use room numbers when making requests. The best way to get what you want is to word your requests like "close to elevator", "upper floor", "close to pool" etc. This makes it easier for the room assigner to know what you are looking for.

Now Theme Park View is a bookable category. If you want to be able to watch Wishes from your room you will have to book that view.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:32 AM   #1506
Irishlisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
You don't need to know room numbers. In fact, it's best to not use room numbers when making requests. The best way to get what you want is to word your requests like "close to elevator", "upper floor", "close to pool" etc. This makes it easier for the room assigner to know what you are looking for.

Now Theme Park View is a bookable category. If you want to be able to watch Wishes from your room you will have to book that view.
We booked a Grand Villa, theme park view, so I was wondering if some have better views than others?

Old 06-06-2013, 04:36 AM   #1507
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
We booked a Grand Villa, theme park view, so I was wondering if some have better views than others?
This thread will help you with your question:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082

Good morning everyone! I'll be back later to multi-quote.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:53 AM   #1508
Irishlisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
This thread will help you with your question:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082

Good morning everyone! I'll be back later to multi-quote.
Good morning and thank you for the helpful thread

Old 06-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #1509
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Looks like my trip plans are changing...(husband's job, makes planning crazy!)...so please explain to me why I want either Bay lake view or Theme park View.....Have no clue which one to get... On the plus side, I am very excited at the prospect of staying there!!!
Just adding my opinion to the great opinions already posted. Bay Lake View is our favorite. Because you don't see a parking lot or other resorts nearby, it gives the illusion that you're more secluded than you are. We prefer having a view of water with nothing beyond but trees. Discovery Island is always teeming with birds and it's fun watching the EWP every night - or not - your choice. We also love hearing the boat horns and having a break from the hustle and bustle of the parks - it's a more relaxing view for us.

If you book a CL room, you can even watch Wishes from the lounge and have the best of both views. Or there are many places from which to watch Wishes if you're not staying CL. But, I think if you have smaller children, being able to see the MK from your balcony/room is extra magical.

Quote:
Good morning and thank you for the helpful thread
You're welcome. Work2Play's thread is the ultimate BLT view source.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #1510
Mama Who
DIS Veteran

Okay, at the risk of sounding simple-minded, I am *confused* by this resort. I've been cruising resort threads and so far everything I've seen I can name a theme and determine easily if I love it or hate it.

The Contemporary is just *odd*... but I think it's kind of awesome. My first thought was, "Wait... is it *airport* themed? Holy >Dis inappropriate word< Is That A MONORAIL? IN the HOTEL! OMG that's AWESOME!"

So... in 100 words or less, what would you call the theming of this resort? I'm *almost* certain I love it but it's... I don't know what it is. I'm leaning toward "really cool."
Old 06-06-2013, 05:56 PM   #1511
Willows909
Mouseketeer

I love this forum. Thankyou all so much for your responses. I've been to Disney numerous times...most of them in the POP Century resort. With my vacation changes because of hubby's job...I just think I'll go all out! I think I'm going for the Bay Lake Tower. It's just the two of us now, so I'll go for the relaxation and view of the lake. Everytime I read a new thread, I want to go to that resort... Let's face it, I just want to live at Disney.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:10 PM   #1512
CoolPool
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Who
Okay, at the risk of sounding simple-minded, I am *confused* by this resort. I've been cruising resort threads and so far everything I've seen I can name a theme and determine easily if I love it or hate it.

The Contemporary is just *odd*... but I think it's kind of awesome. My first thought was, "Wait... is it *airport* themed? Holy >Dis inappropriate word< Is That A MONORAIL? IN the HOTEL! OMG that's AWESOME!"

So... in 100 words or less, what would you call the theming of this resort? I'm *almost* certain I love it but it's... I don't know what it is. I'm leaning toward "really cool."
Modern in a 60s/70s way. Retro Moderne.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:53 PM   #1513
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolPool View Post
Modern in a 60s/70s way. Retro Moderne.
"Historically futuristic."
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 06-06-2013, 08:59 PM   #1514
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
"Historically futuristic."
Bingo.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #1515
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Anybody have info on when California Grill really opens ?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: