Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2013, 12:13 PM   #31
Cheryl726
DIS Veteran

I have a few questions about Junkanoo Beach, did you walk there and back to the ship? Can you purchase food also and water sport equipment? Thanks!
Old 06-04-2013, 10:16 PM   #32
yajaira74
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl726
I have a few questions about Junkanoo Beach, did you walk there and back to the ship? Can you purchase food also and water sport equipment? Thanks!
Junkanoo was about a 20 minute walk from the ship. It had little tiki huts with food and drinks no water sport rentals. They did have chair and umbrella rentals.
yajaira74 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2013, 12:04 AM   #33
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

Joining in to watch the fun.

Join THE DIS DAD'S CLUB Here![/QUOTE]
tokyodisneydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:12 PM   #34
yajaira74
Mouseketeer

Castaway Cay

Woke up to our daily 7am daily Room Service coffee delivery. This time we ordered some extra OJ's and Cranberry Juice to use for our pre-dinner drinks (always thinking ahead) Popped them in the fridge and got ready to go to Animators Palate for Breakfast
DD15 was very happy to see the waiter walking around with Krispy Kreme donuts and DH was happy to see he also had croissants.

DH had a very yummy omelette

Well its time to hit Castaway Cay & put our Snorkel Gear to work

When we got off the ship guess who was there to greet us:

We wait 5 minutes for the tram which was perfect so I could take some pix

Short 5 minute ride on the tram and we were at stop #1 Family Beach. We jumped off and took some more pix

Hey was that Capt. Jack Sparrow. Darn we missed him! (line was closed) He did mumble something to us about how we must be natives. "He spoke to us" I heard DD15 say super-giddy *swoon* That made her day! Who needs a picture. (she might have fainted)

There were plenty of chairs and umbrellas to chose from we got a nice spot near the Snorkel trail and got read to enjoy the sea

We walked over to the stand and picked up our vest. They won't let you snorkel without one an believe me I was grateful I had it. I would suggest you check your gear while you are there at the stand. DD21 had to go exchange her vest since the one she got was missing the valve and would not inflate. Luckily we hadn't gotten in the water yet.
I had bought a travel size bottle of baby shampoo to wash the mask before use (to keep it from getting foggy) but in all the excitement I forgot. Well there is only one other way...Spit! yup spit on the inside of the goggle spread it around and then rinse in the sea. Disgusting... Yes...Clear vision in the water YES!

I must say this was AH.MA.ZING! I don't want to give too much away but you can stay close and swim near the shore and check out the fish (We even saw a stingray) but there are Buoys that you can swim out to and there are MAGICAL surprises totally worth swimming out to! By far my favorite activity

We had worked up a good appetite! It was time to hit Cookies BBQ for lunch. This was a great BBQ. Everything was super yummy and the ribs fell right off the bone. Fresh fruit and Banana and Mango ice-cream.
We ate at the family style picnic tables and there was fun music playing. The table busser were really quick and there was always a table available.

Now how will we work-off this yummy lunch? I got it! Water Bikes!

Their legs were burning and No one spoke to me for like an hour but aren't those some great pix

Last edited by yajaira74; 07-12-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:14 PM   #35
yajaira74
Mouseketeer

Castaway Cay Cont.

Time for relaxing. I went over to Cookies BBQ and grabbed 3 cups of ice and poured it in my Happy Cup

DH, DD21 & DD9 took their chairs into the water to relax. While DD15 ran to the Teen Hideout to play beach soccer and volleyball with her friends.

We didn't want to leave without riding the Pelican Plunge slide. DD9 and I rode it several time the wait time was about 3-5 minutes. There's an open slide and a tube slide you can also race each other just tell the lifeguards when you reach the top. We had a blast.
On our way back from Pelican Plunge we stopped by Cookies to grab some fruit and icecream and noticed that there were cold sandwiches too why not. Mozzarella and tomato chilled and Yummy! It was about 2:30pm and the Bahama Mama were 2 for 1...Yes please

At about 3pm I notice unused umbrellas being closed and chairs being replaced. Must be time to ride the tram back and get ready for dinner.
Bitter-Sweet

But 1st one last pic!

Bye Castaway Cay! No beach day will ever compare until we come back.

Time to get ready for our last Night
Old 06-05-2013, 10:56 PM   #36
msquire80
Earning My Ears

I am enjoying reading about your cruise. I just convinced my DH to take one and am reading up on everything.
msquire80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:07 AM   #37
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

I love it! Your pictures are great, especially the water bikes!
Old 06-06-2013, 10:46 AM   #38
Arthur92
Mouseketeer

??? Water Bikes are first come, first serve did you have a long wait to rent one???
Old 06-06-2013, 11:06 AM   #39
yajaira74
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur92
??? Water Bikes are first come, first serve did you have a long wait to rent one???
Not at all. We walked right up to the stand and they had plenty waiting to be used.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:46 AM   #40
Arthur92
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaira74 View Post
Not at all. We walked right up to the stand and they had plenty waiting to be used.
Cool can't wait to fill that burn in paradise.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:41 PM   #41
Fantasiesabound
Mouseketeer

I really want to thank you for the Nassau information and the walking tour link.

Very nice, and seems to be safe to do. It also led me to find what I think may be a perfect day for us in Nassau.

You also, as a first time cruiser, are teaching me some stuff about how cool it is to stay and dance at the club pirate, how cool it is to eat in Animator's palate for breakfast, how cool the snorkeling is at CC, how cool it is to just relax, unwind and have a blast!

Congrats on your diagnosis and what an amazing time you all had!

Link to some of my scrapbooking pics from our 2006 Cruise:http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=326
07/13/12 - 07/15/12 2SN NYC Disney Magic cabin 2012 ~ ~ 04/17/11 - 04/21/11 4S Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Dream cabin 5650 ~~ 04/18/09 - 04/25/09 7-Night Caribbean Cruise Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Magic cabin 7586 ~~ 04/29/06 - 05/06/06 7-Night Caribbean Cruise Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Magic cabin 6608
Fantasiesabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #42
Cheryl726
DIS Veteran

Thanks for your info on Junkanoo! Did you say it's free or is there an entrance fee?
Old 06-06-2013, 10:12 PM   #43
yajaira74
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl726 View Post
Thanks for your info on Junkanoo! Did you say it's free or is there an entrance fee?
Totally Free
Old 06-06-2013, 10:18 PM   #44
yajaira74
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasiesabound View Post
I really want to thank you for the Nassau information and the walking tour link.

Very nice, and seems to be safe to do. It also led me to find what I think may be a perfect day for us in Nassau.

You also, as a first time cruiser, are teaching me some stuff about how cool it is to stay and dance at the club pirate, how cool it is to eat in Animator's palate for breakfast, how cool the snorkeling is at CC, how cool it is to just relax, unwind and have a blast!

Congrats on your diagnosis and what an amazing time you all had!
Thank you ...This is why I had to do this trip report. I spent endless hours reading trip reports to organize myself. I wanted to share and help others. You really made me feel special
Old 06-07-2013, 04:44 PM   #45
Pfsedita
Earning My Ears

I love your trip report! This is exactly the cruise we want to have so I am just going to copy everything (except for the crown, 10 and 13 yr old boys probably won't go for it! :-)

WDW 1990
DL 1999
WDW 2001
DL 2005
WDW Beach Club 2011
planning a cruise on the Fantasy for 2013!
Pfsedita is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: