Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #10
feelthenspeak
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbrush
I think there are times when time spent together as a family in a relaxing manner IS more important than school. If it truly feels as if it is genuinely more important than the school days missed then that is a good indication of whether its OK to go.

I took my daughter out of school in 2nd Grade to go to WDW in October because the grandparents were taking ALL the first cousins. My DD is adopted, I'm a single mom, and my parents are dead. This was my brother's kids and his wife's parents and siblings who have all embraced my daughter and myself as part of their clan. It was VERY important that we went because they hasn't thought to invite us two years previously.

I am taking my daughter out next year for two days because we are moving and switching schools and want to spend time with two best friends who are also adopted. We will not have seen them for awhile and all want to try to maintain the friendships as the family histories are very similar and the friendships are emotionally supportive for the girls.

I would not skip school to take my DD on vacation just for fun or to save money.
I agree, but most families don't have the finances to go on vacation only when school is out. My family would not be able to afford a disney cruise if we didn't go in October, while my son is in school. So sometimes saving money should definitely trump a few days of school...in my opinion anyways.
feelthenspeak is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: