Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2013, 02:54 PM   #166
Lady Duchess
Mouseketeer

I'm lucky to drive from home...lol Not a long drive from Kissimmee Looking forward to the cruise
MSC Poesia 2010 HAL Ryndam 2010 MSC Poesia 2010
HAL Westerdam 2011 NCL Star 2011
HAL Ryndam 2012 Disney Dream 2012
Royal Caribbean 2012 HAL Nieuw Amsterdam 2013 Disney Dream 2013
HAL Nieuw Amsterdam 2014
Lady Duchess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:17 AM   #167
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by SosaDisneyFamily
How is everyone getting to the port? Who is leaving from dw? Is the cruise shuttle good or a taxi is better? Does any one want to leave early from dw and share a shuttle? We are 4..
I would use DCL transfers. As long as you are on the correct bus at the correct time, if the bus gets caught in traffic, etc, it's Disney's responsibility to accommodate. We are taking the DCL transfer from the airport to the port and then from the port to the Poly.
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2013, 12:19 PM   #168
MontyMinnie
Earning My Ears

Cruising Too!

The DH and I will be cruising for our first time with DCL on this cruise! We are so excited! We have cruised two times before, but not with Disney. We are pairing the cruise with a 3 night stay at BWV following the cruise. We booked the deal a few weeks ago for an 11C GTY with $50 OBC

I am also participating in the FE for this cruise. It is our first time participating in something like that. I am going to have to start looking up cool FE gift ideas!

OMG Can't wait!

Oh the places I’ve stayed!
BC – BWI – AKL – WL – CSR – POFQ – CBR – POP – ASMu - ASSp

Oh the places I want to go!
POR – AAS – POLY – CR Tower – OKW

Next Trip in the Works!
BWV – 5 Day September Romantic Getaway
MontyMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:23 PM   #169
esorddor2004
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyMinnie View Post
The DH and I will be cruising for our first time with DCL on this cruise! We are so excited! We have cruised two times before, but not with Disney. We are pairing the cruise with a 3 night stay at BWV following the cruise. We booked the deal a few weeks ago for an 11C GTY with $50 OBC

I am also participating in the FE for this cruise. It is our first time participating in something like that. I am going to have to start looking up cool FE gift ideas!

OMG Can't wait!
On Face Book look up :
FISH EXTENDER DISNEY CRUISE LINE ,and join the group they have alot of idea that people have made for there gifts
Old 06-03-2013, 08:59 PM   #170
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyMinnie View Post

OMG Can't wait!
This is very close to our plans! We are doing 4 nights at BWI following the cruise, and we also got the same deal with a Category 7 GTY (also a first timer DCL)

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Nicole786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #171
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyMinnie

OMG Can't wait!
Same here!! This will be my 1st cruise ever, my DH's 2nd cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole786

This is very close to our plans! We are doing 4 nights at BWI following the cruise, and we also got the same deal with a Category 7 GTY (also a first timer DCL)
Same here, except our 4 nights following the cruise will be at the Poly!! We are also 1st time DCL cruisers (and my 1st cruise) and we are also staying in Category 7 GTY!!! Very excited!!!

Has any planned any excursions or booked any meals at palo yet?
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:11 PM   #172
Dak903
Earning My Ears

Dakster and Family are ready to sail

This will be my families first cruise and we can't wait. Our son turns 8 years old the day we sail out, so any advice on how to make this especially magical for him is greatly appreciated. It's just my husband, son and I and we couldn't be more excited.

We're on the same deck as the kids club and I've already taken the virtual tour of our room more than a dozen times!

Old 06-04-2013, 09:36 PM   #173
dagarcia
Garcia Family Loves Disney

We are sailing on our DD bday too. She will be 6. You will love the floor you are on. We were on the same level as the kids club on our fantasy cruise last September. It was so nice being close to it. You will have a blast!!!
dagarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #174
LenaN4fun
WDW Alumni/DVC Member

I just booked this cruise. We are DVC members and this is our 4th Disney Cruise. It is me, hubby, two sons (4 & 14). I am also bringing my niece along who is 16 and has never experienced a Disney Cruise.
I would love to participate in the FE if someone is already keeping a list. Please let me know.. Thanks, Lena
LenaN4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:50 PM   #175
chiburple
Mouseketeer

Quick Survey: How many people here would be interested in a tea event the afternoon of our sea day (say 4pm?) for $10/person? If so, please reply to my facebook post (so I don't count people twice). I’m just gaging interest here, this isn’t an official sign up. Payment would be sent to me via paypal.

Quick Over-View of ‘Tea Girls’: Tea girls started out as Champaign Girls – an event where females dress up in pink and put on Tiaras while enjoying Champaign. On our last Cruise, Disney increased the cost of holding a Champaign tasting to $30 per person and required a minimum of 25 attendees (If I remember correctly). So we switched to tea instead of Champaign, which costs less and has no minimum number of attendees (Pink clothing and Tiara’s still stands; Men are welcome and exempt from wearing Tiaras). The event was fun, but didn’t go quite as planed the last time around. I’m more experienced this time, so I can probably do a slightly better job organizing it.

Note: if you would prefer another option, please mention that in your reply. Several levels of bars are available for $18.50pp (Signature), $13.25pp (Premium), and $11.75pp (Wine and Beer). We can also get Non-Alcoholic Smothies for $10.75 per person.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #176
LenaN4fun
WDW Alumni/DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dak903 View Post
This will be my families first cruise and we can't wait. Our son turns 8 years old the day we sail out, so any advice on how to make this especially magical for him is greatly appreciated. It's just my husband, son and I and we couldn't be more excited.

We're on the same deck as the kids club and I've already taken the virtual tour of our room more than a dozen times!

Our DC's have always revolved around my older sons b-day. One year we pd to have the room decorated and a cake left so when we arrived to our cabin it was there as a surprise. We also did the cake/celbration at dinner.
I have seen people decorate their doors to for B-day celebrations.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #177
Lady Duchess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaN4fun View Post
I just booked this cruise. We are DVC members and this is our 4th Disney Cruise. It is me, hubby, two sons (4 & 14). I am also bringing my niece along who is 16 and has never experienced a Disney Cruise.
I would love to participate in the FE if someone is already keeping a list. Please let me know.. Thanks, Lena
Welcome to the group. We had a separate FE page in Disboards under our meet & greet. The group was closed June 1st, however there is a notation on the board that a second group can be created. Check out the link and see if you or anyone else may want to start a second group

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3072189

Hope this helps
HAL Nieuw Amsterdam 2014
Old 06-06-2013, 06:51 PM   #178
LenaN4fun
WDW Alumni/DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Duchess View Post
Welcome to the group. We had a separate FE page in Disboards under our meet & greet. The group was closed June 1st, however there is a notation on the board that a second group can be created. Check out the link and see if you or anyone else may want to start a second group

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3072189

Hope this helps
Oh bummer, why did it close so early? We always went up until a month out on previous DCL FE exchanges due to FL resident rates being released in July.

I dont mind starting another FE group. If anyone is interested, can you email me and I will start a second exchange group list?

Seems like this will be a hopping cruise, can't wait.

I have never taken the DCL bus over to the port from Disney. Can anyone take it or do you have to book the land and sea package? If not, how do you get a seat? I always see it and I think it would be fun to ride.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:21 PM   #179
Lady Duchess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaN4fun View Post
Oh bummer, why did it close so early? We always went up until a month out on previous DCL FE exchanges due to FL resident rates being released in July.

I dont mind starting another FE group. If anyone is interested, can you email me and I will start a second exchange group list?

Seems like this will be a hopping cruise, can't wait.

I have never taken the DCL bus over to the port from Disney. Can anyone take it or do you have to book the land and sea package? If not, how do you get a seat? I always see it and I think it would be fun to ride.
I think it was closed early due to having time to prepare the FE gifts. I was not the coordinator I believe on the FE group link I gave above, there was another family that wanted to do an FE. We also have a facebook page
HAL Nieuw Amsterdam 2014
Old 06-06-2013, 09:29 PM   #180
Lady Duchess
Mouseketeer

Facebook

Here is our Facebook page...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Disneydream9113/