Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #121
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment632 View Post
There is some truth to this. Roe will be replaced by a new show that uses some WOC tech. That is as close to WOC as it gets though. The show will be ROE plus basically
Basically another incremental change, like they've done all along...
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:20 PM   #122
Figment632
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
Basically another incremental change, like they've done all along...
Correct.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2013, 10:41 PM   #123
DOOM1001
DIS Veteran

With all those water curtains World of Color is similar but somewhat better than Fantasmic which for me is only a once in 5 trip show.Even though I prefer WoC to Fantasmic at least for me it's not even close to Illuminations which is my favorite and that I can watch every day of my life,in actual numbers I've seen Illuminations probably close to 120 times and I have yet to get tired of it.Putting WoC in Epcot would kill the park for me.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:14 PM   #124
Shikedants
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisc View Post
The Forums Shops by Caesars in Vegas have their statute shows. The mall connected to Planet Hollywood has their tropical thunderstorm. The Pier Shops in Atlantic City has a $7 million dollar water show.

Yes a local group which will work for cheap.

Yes is not a local group, nor will they work for cheap. : )

Sorry folks, I'm stuck in the 70's
Shikedants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:19 PM   #125
Yellosno
DIS Veteran

I like other people above would love to see World of Color and wouldnt mind seeing it replace fantasmic but I wouldnt like to see Illuminations go.
August 2005 Beach Club & Polynesian
January 2008 Wilderness Lodge
August 2011: Port Orleans French Quarter
July 2012: Saratoga Springs & Pop Century
August 2013: Boardwalk & Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yellosno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:55 AM   #126
MadScouser
DIS Veteran

Have always loved Fantasmic, and remember being blown away by Illuminations after I saw if for the first in Oct 99 (just a few days after it started - and I recall it being advertised as only being scheduled til Dec 2000 for the Millenium)

Never been out to DL, so cannot comment on WoC.
2007 (Jan) SSR, Vero Beach, AKL;
2007 (Nov) OKW & POP; 2010 : SSR & BCV ;2011 : SSR ; 2013 : AKV (Jambo), BLT

MadScouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:45 AM   #127
GOOFY D
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
Officially they should S-can Fantasmic first...you talk about tired and that's it to a T.
Disagree 100%! Fantasmic still draws a full house and as far as my family, it has become a tradition.

1988 - Polynesian * 1995 - Carribean Beach * 1996 - All Star Sports * 1997 - Candy Cane (Disneyland) * 1998 - All Star Music * 1999 - Contemporary * 1999 - Contemporary * 2000 - Disney Wonder /Coronado Springs * 2000 - All Star Sports * 2001 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2002 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2003 - All Star Movies * 2004 - Disney Magic (Eastern-San Juan) * 2006 - Contemporary * 2006 - Coronado Springs * 2007 - All Star Sports/Animal Kingdom Lodge * 2008 - All Star Sports * 2009 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2009 - All Star Movies * 2010 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2011 - All Star Sports * 2012 - Disney Fantasy (Western) * 2013 - Animal Kingdom Villas-Kidani * 2013 - Bay Lake Tower * 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
GOOFY D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:02 AM   #128
BDL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment632 View Post
There is some truth to this. Roe will be replaced by a new show that uses some WOC tech. That is as close to WOC as it gets though. The show will be ROE plus basically
I like to think that I am in the know DIS-wise, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what "ROE" is.

And I might be in the minority... And maybe it's cuz I only get to Disney every so often, but I like the Illuminations show.

BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:02 AM   #129
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Fantasmic was a marvel at Disneyland. The show was custom designed to take advantage of resources already available (or realistically modifiable) in a park that has limited expansion opportunities--the riverfront viewing gallery, the Mark Twain and the Columbia, the water fountain "screens", the stage and lighting rigs on Tom Sawyer Island, etc.

The show itself is fairly mediocre, IMO. The storyline is a broad (and confusing, to many) excuse to parade as many characters as possible out onto the stage.

The WDW version is even worse...right down to the cheesy looking riverboat & dragon. Space was not an issue. Disney could have put any show in that DHS theater. Instead they opted to simply add an inferior version of Fantasmic.

Disney is capable of much better but they went the cheap route.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:05 AM   #130
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL View Post
I like to think that I am in the know DIS-wise, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what "ROE" is.

And I might be in the minority... And maybe it's cuz I only get to Disney every so often, but I like the Illuminations show.
ROE is "Illuminations: Reflections of Earth", the current incarnation of Illuminations.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:25 AM   #131
DulcetDiscord
Earning My Ears

I LOVE Fantasmic and find Illuminations boring. To each their own, I guess.

'94 Dixie Landings~'95 All Star Sports
Summer '07 Off property~Winter '07 Animal Kingdom Lodge
Spring '08 All Star Music
Winter '09 Fort Wilderness Cabins~Spring '09 Fort Wilderness Cabins
Fall '09 Caribbean Beach (Pirate Room)
Spring '10 MOVED TO FL
Spring '11 5-night Dream Cruise
DulcetDiscord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:15 AM   #132
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.

WOC was great. I just think live human people is nice to see these days in attractions/shows. Fantasmic must have 40 characters on the boat at the end, I mean even if WOC simply had the 3 floats of the Princesses go by would be much better IMO. Hate the new Mermaid ride at MK compared to the live Ariel at DHS.

I suppose the new FOTLK will be all animatronics.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:30 AM   #133
magicbob
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly Frog View Post
My personal opinion is Fantasmic is good,World of Color is better but Illuminations is by far the best show. ( I love the flames as it is not something yo see often in a show.)
World of Color has some serious FIRE too.

Ratatouille, the Ride!

magicbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:11 PM   #134
jlatina32
Mouseketeer

No common sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen0504 View Post
Wow I feel bad for the original poster!! Last time I checked this is an open forum for people who love Disney to be able to feel welcome amongst other people who love Disney. I'm sure intentions were good, and I'm sure they will now be leery to post anything in the future. I recommended Dis Forums to my sister, and she just joined yesterday. After seeing the reactions to this post she is now hesitant to ever post anything on here. She has stated that she thought this forum was supposed to be "Magical".
Very well said Its unfortunate that the OP was practically swallowed for using the word "official" when you know well and good exactly what she meant to say. It was almost like people were making her out to feel stupid just because she has few posts. So What?! Come on Disers. Act like you guys have some sense and some act right. Geez!

In regards to the WOC, whether they decide to do it or not, I would welcome it because that means a trip to Disney which means vacation, which equals family time which equals away from the NYC.

Art of Animation - Little Mermaid 8/2013
jlatina32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:41 PM   #135
Rhongepooh
I must ponder this news

We saw Fantasmic this past week and I must say, to me personally, it was still as impressive as always. I'm always amazed at how it can bring out chills in me. I think many people who go to WDW don't go every year, or every other year so the ideal that its old doesn't faze the majority.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: