Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2013, 09:44 AM   #376
Disneylandfanatic
Annual Passholder since 2008

That is so exciting!!!! Can you tell me what the Benoit of waking up at 5am on June 1st would have been??? I am going to be needing post cruise WDW rooms, haven't even really decided how many nights but probably 3. I also am not sure how I want to book them, separate or in a package...also not sure if I should upgrade my ap to a premier!!!! So many decisions so little time, any advice anyone?

Completed:
January 4, 2014: Fantasy Western Carribean

"To all who come to this happy place: Welcome."-Walt Disney
Disneylandfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:50 AM   #377
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylandfanatic
That is so exciting!!!! Can you tell me what the Benoit of waking up at 5am on June 1st would have been??? I am going to be needing post cruise WDW rooms, haven't even really decided how many nights but probably 3. I also am not sure how I want to book them, separate or in a package...also not sure if I should upgrade my ap to a premier!!!! So many decisions so little time, any advice anyone?
It was to get a 7 month DVC room booking. I used DVC points. I am buying a regular ticket. Too many cruises to go to DL this year. A premier pass makes sense though. I wish they'd put it on the payment plan.
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2013, 10:19 AM   #378
Disneylandfanatic

Oh I see the dvc booking makes sense... I guess I really need to start finalizing the plan for his trip and figure out wdw.. My pass expires I August and I will decide based on cost which will save me more money the premier or just buying a ticket (and keeping my premium pass of course). I think I will look into packages through Costco. I've booked with them for Disneyland a few times and the added perks have been really nice!!! Other than that once flights come out we can book those and then this trip will essentially be all set!!! Time is really flying!! It doesn't seem like it was that long ago that we booked it.

To Anyone waiting to join the Facebook group, I promise I will get to it as soon as I can!

Completed:

Old 06-06-2013, 12:07 AM   #379
Green Vinyl 45
Earning My Ears

Hello All!

I am BonnieJG's son, Adam Green. I have been reading the DisBoards for about 6 months, and finally got around to registering. I sent a request to the FB group, as myself, DW and DD (6) are very much interested in the FE.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you while we continue to countdown the 7 months until our cruise!
Green Vinyl 45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:09 AM   #380
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Vinyl 45
Hello All!

I am BonnieJG's son, Adam Green. I have been reading the DisBoards for about 6 months, and finally got around to registering. I sent a request to the FB group, as myself, DW and DD (6) are very much interested in the FE.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you while we continue to countdown the 7 months until our cruise!
Hi Adam! My son is also 6! Is your daughter in kindergarten too! We live in Valencia. Your mom told us the kids were about the same age.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:14 AM   #381
Green Vinyl 45
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
Hi Adam! My son is also 6! Is your daughter in kindergarten too! We live in Valencia. Your mom told us the kids were about the same age.
She is starting kindergarten in the fall (she actually turns 6 in September). Her birthday is near the cut-off, so we elected to keep her back so she would be one of the older kids as opposed to one of the youngest.
Green Vinyl 45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:37 PM   #382
Disneylandfanatic

Just looked into flights on Virgin...going there on the Friday before the cruise is over 800 bucks...so probably not the way to go, am I missing something? Why is it so expensive, never flown with Virgin before is this typical pricing or will those prices change?

Completed:

Old 06-16-2013, 05:45 PM   #383
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylandfanatic View Post
Just looked into flights on Virgin...going there on the Friday before the cruise is over 800 bucks...so probably not the way to go, am I missing something? Why is it so expensive, never flown with Virgin before is this typical pricing or will those prices change?
Called and checked on this. That means the dates aren't available for booking at coach rates yet. The lower coach rates will be available for booking exactly 6 months prior to your date of travel.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:49 PM   #384
Disneylandfanatic

Thanks luv2sleep!! Now I need to decide if I should just book the pretty cheap jet blue flights or wait for the virgin flights to come out.... I'll look at the flight schedules again tonight and then decide which works out best. If rather not have to fly to New York then Florida (jet blue) the virgin flights just stop in la so that isn't bad at all. I guess I will still patiently wait...

Completed:

Old 06-17-2013, 10:15 AM   #385
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks luv2sleep!! Now I need to decide if I should just book the pretty cheap jet blue flights or wait for the virgin flights to come out.... I'll look at the flight schedules again tonight and then decide which works out best. If rather not have to fly to New York then Florida (jet blue) the virgin flights just stop in la so that isn't bad at all. I guess I will still patiently wait...
You're welcome!

We are at WDW for our very first stay and I'm loving it! Got here yesterday. Still haven't made it to a park yet but I'm loving the Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower! We saw Wishes from the top floor last night, roasted marshmallows, had a yummy dinner, and road the monorail. Today we are headed to Blizzard Beach!
Old 06-17-2013, 10:24 AM   #386
Disneylandfanatic

That sounds so nice!! I can't wait to see it for myself. Have a great time there!

Completed:

Old 06-19-2013, 01:34 AM   #387
Disneylandfanatic

Ok, I just booked our flights and our post cruise hotel!!!! (I just couldn't wait for those virgin prices and matt really wanted a direct non stop flight). We booked united flights, they were a great price and no stopping, so they won't take quite so long to get there. I think we are leaning toward the Hyatt in the airport for that night and using dcl transfers To get to the ship the next morning. As far as post cruise hotel, we went with the Hilton Orlando, also a great rate and looks like a nice hotel near downtown Disney area.

In other news, is anyone thinking of attending d23? Just bought my tickets this past weekend.

Completed:

Old 06-24-2013, 09:00 AM   #388
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Virgin's schedule for early January came out on Saturday it looks like. Someone posted about it in my thread in the transportation section. I bought my tickets last night. Now I just have to pay the final balance and book excursions! Yay!

We had a fantastic time at WDW! It's way, way better than DL! I had I idea it was going to be so much fun! Not only did we have fun at the parks but we enjoyed our resort immensely. We stayed at a monorail resort. Definitely worth it! Can't wait to go back in January!
Old 06-24-2013, 06:08 PM   #389
Disneylandfanatic

Doesn't it feel so nice to finally have that airfare booked!?!?!? I've been going nuts planning lately. I'm trying to figure out our transportation, and our dining for Disney world. I wanted to stay at the airport Hyatt, but right now it seems too pricey for one night pre-cruise. I'm also goig crazy figuring out how to get to port!! If I don't do Hyatt/dcl transfers (over 350 bucks for both of us) then idk what we will do any suggestions!?!?!?

Luv2sleep: welcome back!! Any tips for this Disneyland pro but wdw newbie. I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed with all the options and pressure of making those advanced dining reservations! Where do we need to eat? And what times are best so we can still see the night time entertainment. Tips from anyone will be greatly appreciated!

Completed:

Old 06-24-2013, 07:46 PM   #390
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Doesn't it feel so nice to finally have that airfare booked!?!?!? I've been going nuts planning lately. I'm trying to figure out our transportation, and our dining for Disney world. I wanted to stay at the airport Hyatt, but right now it seems too pricey for one night pre-cruise. I'm also goig crazy figuring out how to get to port!! If I don't do Hyatt/dcl transfers (over 350 bucks for both of us) then idk what we will do any suggestions!?!?!?

Luv2sleep: welcome back!! Any tips for this Disneyland pro but wdw newbie. I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed with all the options and pressure of making those advanced dining reservations! Where do we need to eat? And what times are best so we can still see the night time entertainment. Tips from anyone will be greatly appreciated!
The Hyatt is that much, huh? How many nights do you need? Where are you staying in WDW? How many nights? Can't you just take the DCL bus from the parks to port?

Dining, oh dining. I'm really not into all of the dining ADR stuff. We didn't do the dining plan and just ate counter service most of the time. We had one ADR for illuminations at La Hacienda in Mexico at EPCOT and walked into to eat at Boma at AKL and the Wave in the Contemporary. I can't get all excited and stressed out over food. It's just not that important. There's lots of tips on the dining threads about this though I'd search there and ask.

In regards to the parks we did no touring plans we just went with the flow and had fun. My favorite parks were HS and AK.I have a small child though. For just an adult vacation ot would be HS, AK, and EPCOT. My kid was bored through world showcase. Those little craft stops meant nothing. I think as a DL vet it makes touring easier because a lot of it is btdt. I didn't feel any touring frenzy. We didn't go on Soarn' because my son was scared this time but we've fine it so much at CA that I was ok with missing it. You will have a blast!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: