Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2013, 08:46 AM   #1
MissionWDW
Mouseketeer

AOA Nemo suites and FD?

I received a pin for free dining in the mail last week. When I called in the pin, DH and I decided to change from our connecting room at ASMo to AOA suites. The only rooms that were available is Cars. This will be our family's one shot at the AOA suites as child #5 will be turning three a month after our trip...so no longer will we be "6 plus an infant." We really wanted The Nemo rooms, or Lion King as second choice. I tried calling yesterday, but nothing except Cars still. I understand they only allot so many rooms for free dining. I'm sure there are far less Nemo since it seems to be a popular choice. So my question... Do you think I would have more luck scoring a Nemo or LK room IF they extend free dining for this fall? Like call the day they announce it? I had a cast member tell me a year ago that when someone cancels a room and had FD it goes ba k to a regular room (not qualified for the FD offer).

MissionWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:50 AM   #2
chasgoose
Mouseketeer

I would recommend booking the room category that doesn't specify what type of suite you will get and adding a request for your room assigner to put you in a Nemo room. This is typically available if the resort itself is available for free dining since people don't like not knowing. For you, there is literally no downside, since worst case scenario is that you end up with a Cars suite, which is what you would already have. Best case scenario you get Nemo and even Lion King would be better than Cars for you.
chasgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2013, 09:40 AM   #3
MissionWDW
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the reply! I am currently in a general family suite with Nemo request. So hopefully this works!

Old 06-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #4
rteetz
DIS Veteran

I love all the themes cars is actually the best theming I think. AoA is always booked because it is the newest resort and its beautiful staying in a cars room won't stop you from going to any other parts of the resort it is amazing i love it and I would stay at any section.

disney lover at heart

rteetz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #5
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

The Cars area is probably the best themed of all of the AoA suites. It's really beautiful, and I think if you had to stay there you wouldn't be disappointed with it.

I hope you do get your choice, but don't fret if it's Cars. Even my 7 year old daughter was absolutely in love with everything there.

AliceIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:09 AM   #6
MissionWDW
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the reassurance. The Cars section looks like a lot of fun. They all do. I'm just slightly obsessed with Nemo..lol. Also, I thought Nemo was the perfect mix for my two girls/three boy combination. I do love the cozy cones around the Cars pool...I am allergic to the sun and this would allow me to hang out at the pool with the kids. We have stayed at Pop during our previous trips, and my kids loved the theming, Considering AOA has taken the themes to another level...I know they will love this place. I can't wait to explore the whole resort.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:33 AM   #7
chrystalc77
Mouseketeer

We are looking to book a suite at AOA as soon as packages for November 2014 can be booked. My boys really want a Cars suite.....do I request a cars suite and then we may not get it? How does booking a suite work? We will be happy at any of them but they really want Cars. Sorry if it seems like I'm hijacking your thread!!!! Just curious about the wording of general suite with a Nemo request. Do I need to do general suite with a cars request or how does it work?
chrystalc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:45 AM   #8
MissionWDW
Mouseketeer

You can reserve a Cars suite specifically (assuming the available..they usually are). I want Nemo, but since there were none, I went with just a general reservation. I think it just says "family suite." The CM put a request/note on my reservation for my preference. I don't think you will have a problem booking Cars, especially once they open for your trip. Also, there are suites in all the themes available now, but since I had the FD code, it narrowed my options. They only set aside so many rooms per theme for the FD offers.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:54 PM   #9
chrystalc77
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionWDW View Post
You can reserve a Cars suite specifically (assuming the available..they usually are). I want Nemo, but since there were none, I went with just a general reservation. I think it just says "family suite." The CM put a request/note on my reservation for my preference. I don't think you will have a problem booking Cars, especially once they open for your trip. Also, there are suites in all the themes available now, but since I had the FD code, it narrowed my options. They only set aside so many rooms per theme for the FD offers.
Thanks for the info!!! I really hope you get your dream suite!!!
chrystalc77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: