Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2013, 11:24 PM   #1
MotoWifey185
Mouseketeer

Dining plan questions

Hey! I am planning my DH and my first trip to WDW, and I was just trying to make some more sense of the dining plan. A couple of questions I've come up with so far is..

1) lets say I get the one TS & one QS per night plan. Does the TS credit work toward any sit down restaurant, including the more expensive ones? Like for example I imagine the buffet at the Poly would be more expensive then other places. Is the credit still the same?

2) it's possible my DH and I may not want to do a sit down meal every day there, but there isn't an option for half TS and half QS. If I picked just getting the 2 QS p/p plan, would we be able to use the credit on a sit down restaurant some nights and just pay the difference?

I hope this makes sense thanks for any input!
Old 06-04-2013, 11:30 PM   #2
mrsmomo
DIS Veteran

As far as I know you cannot use your qs for a table service and pay the difference.

As far as what's included for ts its all sit downs except some signature dining like crt which takes two ts credits

I would take a look online at the places you may want to eat and see if it makes sense

mrsmomo is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2013, 11:31 PM   #3
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoWifey185 View Post
Hey! I am planning my DH and my first trip to WDW, and I was just trying to make some more sense of the dining plan. A couple of questions I've come up with so far is..

1) lets say I get the one TS & one QS per night plan. Does the TS credit work toward any sit down restaurant, including the more expensive ones? Like for example I imagine the buffet at the Poly would be more expensive then other places. Is the credit still the same?

2) it's possible my DH and I may not want to do a sit down meal every day there, but there isn't an option for half TS and half QS. If I picked just getting the 2 QS p/p plan, would we be able to use the credit on a sit down restaurant some nights and just pay the difference?

All credits for the entire trip will be available for use in any order on any day from check in until 11:59pm of your check out day. Some of the more expensive/nicer restaurants require the use of 2 TS credits for one meal. They are listed in the dining plan brochure. You cannot use a QS credit+cash for a TS meal, but you can use a TS credit for a QS meal as a straight 1 to 1 trade.
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:17 AM   #4
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:

Some restaurants are considered to be "signature" restaurants and they require 2 TS credits per diner. There is a list of them in Disney's brochure for the DDP. You can find an online copy of it here:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/med...2013Dining.pdf

Quote:

You cannot apply QS credits to TS meals but you can always pay out of pocket for any TS meals that you might decide to eat. What you're learning is that one size does not fit all. Sometimes, even with 3 different plans, none of them fit your needs to a T.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:59 AM   #5
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
thanks for any input!
Enjoy the trip.

Are you paying for the Dining Plan? If you are, I suggest you drop it. It doesn't necessarily save you money (and cost you more than the food), and puts a lot of restictions on you and makes you have to over-analyze, as you can see already.
bdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #6
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

There's no buffet at the Polynesian - if you mean 'Ohana, which is family style and not a buffet, it is not a signature restaurant and costs 1 credit per person.

At the top of this forum is a sticky thread on the 2013 dining plan, which has a link to the dining plan brochure, which will tell you which restaurants accept the plan and how many credits they cost. Only the restaurants listed under "signature dining" will cost 2 credits per person.

You cannot use quick service credits for table service meals at all. Not even by paying the difference.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #7
MotoWifey185
Mouseketeer

Thank you all for the replies. I was on my phone and must have missed that sticky but it is definitely what I need! I've been to DLR a ton of times and planning those trips are a piece of cake! A lot more goes in to planning a trip to WDW and it being our first time (and probably the last time without kids) I want this trip to be as wonderful as it can be!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: