Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2013, 01:17 AM   #601
zamboniman333
Ye come Seeking Adventure and Saly Old Pirates, A Ye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyismypassion View Post
We are going November 30 - December 8th. I love Disney at Christmas!
Congrats to you guys!!! We are Hoping for one for the middle of nov!! Alway love to go in nov for the Xmas decorations! Where are you staying now that port Orleans is booked? Are both pofq and pors booked up for the FD offer over your dates?

zamboniman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:04 AM   #602
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyismypassion View Post
I have been calling to see if I had a pin code for the last two weeks. Today my daughter (who is not going with us this time) received the coveted yellow envelope. I called to check my name again, and no luck. My sil is traveling with us. I had them check for her and she had it attached to her name! Then the CM asked me if anyone else in my house could be listed. Sure enough, my husband has had it all along! Never thought to check his name because all past visits i have made the reservations. Bad news, no rooms left at Port Orleans. We did however get it for Coronado springs! Good luck to everyone out there, the snail mail is still coming. We live in Milwaukee, Wi.
Yeah!
HBGdancermom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2013, 05:17 PM   #603
taraplus2
Earning My Ears

Got FD pin in mail today!!!! doubt I will be able to go. I want to stomp like a 2 year old!!! Hope more go out for everyone else!!

Disney Trips.....
Off site 1976
Off site 1984
Polynesian 1997
Port Orleans French Quarter May 2010
Port Orleans Riverside March 2012
Polynesian 2014
taraplus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:32 PM   #604
MoukeyMouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by peel View Post
Called tonight and no PIN. But, the cast member said to keep checking, and if we see a public code to call right away to apply it. I'm sure I'm reading too much into that, but fingers crossed that this goes public if I don't end up with a PIN!
Where would we find the public codes listed if they were offered?
MoukeyMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:01 PM   #605
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoukeyMouse View Post
Where would we find the public codes listed if they were offered?
Once they go public, no code is needed. You will find out on this site well before it actually goes live. Deals always get leaked. Stay tuned!
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:54 AM   #606
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to pass on that my mom received her mailer with the PIN today. (here in NW OH).
Although we've known for quite some time that she had it because I called a couple weeks ago checking on my name and found out hers.

We were going to take advantage of it and all of us move our trip up to this year (in an earlier post I said all I had to do with convince DH). Well, he caved and we had booked then after long discussions ended up cancelling It was a hard decision to not take advantage of this offer but we decided to wait until next year (the pros of waiting outweighed the pros of moving it up)
Old 06-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #607
dcolleenkelly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funfire240 View Post
Just wanted to pass on that my mom received her mailer with the PIN today. (here in NW OH).
Although we've known for quite some time that she had it because I called a couple weeks ago checking on my name and found out hers.

We were going to take advantage of it and all of us move our trip up to this year (in an earlier post I said all I had to do with convince DH). Well, he caved and we had booked then after long discussions ended up cancelling It was a hard decision to not take advantage of this offer but we decided to wait until next year (the pros of waiting outweighed the pros of moving it up)
Awww. But just think - when you DO finally get there, it will feel right and you will completely enjoy yourselves!! This year will go by quicker than you think! (Time seems to fly by these days, whether I want it to or not. Part of getting old, I guess. Not that YOU'RE old, I'm just saying that I'M getting old. LOL)

I'd better stop talking now - I'm making no sense. This PIN code watching on the DISboards has gotten me acting ridiculous!

Last edited by dcolleenkelly; 06-05-2013 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Spelling
dcolleenkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:01 AM   #608
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funfire240 View Post

Aww you are the second person today with the same story. Having to wait til next year. I am so sorry but the trip will be so much better if you know you can afford it. Sorry you had to cancel.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #609
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
Aww you are the second person today with the same story. Having to wait til next year. I am so sorry but the trip will be so much better if you know you can afford it. Sorry you had to cancel.
Thanks! I'm ok with it - I admit the actual phone call to cancel was tough but after we reality sunk in, it's the best choice (so now I'll be off to get Disney Junior show tickets and Disney on Ice tickets - so I'll still get my fix!). I'll just have to keep stalking Disney to get a PIN code for next year
Maybe booking and canceling will trigger more...
Old 06-05-2013, 01:51 PM   #610
Dayton Flyer
Mouseketeer

Got my code in the mail yesterday, for our 15th anniversary trip to Disney. It will be our first kids-less trip since we honeymooned there in '98. Staying at POP, and it will also be our first Epcot Food & Wine Festival, so we are both really excited!

Already made our dining reservations and are planning some quality time in Epcot World Showcase for the F&W Fest.

Funny thing is, the code came 2 days after we actually booked the trip (including Standard Dining Plan), and 1 day after my wife called and they said that we had no PINs on file. I guess my name in the system must be different or something! Saving about $375 with the PIN code. Yee-haw!
Dayton Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:02 PM   #611
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton Flyer View Post
Got my code in the mail yesterday, for our 15th anniversary trip to Disney. It will be our first kids-less trip since we honeymooned there in '98. Staying at POP, and it will also be our first Epcot Food & Wine Festival, so we are both really excited!

Already made our dining reservations and are planning some quality time in Epcot World Showcase for the F&W Fest.

Funny thing is, the code came 2 days after we actually booked the trip (including Standard Dining Plan), and 1 day after my wife called and they said that we had no PINs on file. I guess my name in the system must be different or something! Saving about $375 with the PIN code. Yee-haw!
Congrats!!!! Have a great time on your kidfree trip.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #612
dcolleenkelly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton Flyer View Post

Okay, now THIS is something that I've been wondering! Thank you for sharing this information. I've called a couple of times in the past week and there has been no code attached to my name. So, I had assumed that this would mean that we wouldn't get a PIN code in the mail. I mean, wouldn't the CM be aware that a PIN code had been mailed to us?

Also, during my last phone call, I asked the CM to check my husband's name. She did (at least, I think she did), but she told me that everyone at the same address would have the same PIN code. I told her I didn't think this was true because I had heard stories of people in the same household getting their own PIN code. But I didn't want to argue with her.

So, long story short: If I'm reading your experience correctly - just because there is no code associated with my name on the phone doesn't mean I won't get one in the mail. And vice-versa.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:49 PM   #613
morninggale
Earning My Ears

What is this PIN everyone keeps talking about and how are you eligible to receive it???? To all who reply Thanks!!!
morninggale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #614
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggale View Post
What is this PIN everyone keeps talking about and how are you eligible to receive it???? To all who reply Thanks!!!
Disney sends special codes out to random recipients. They send them by both email and snail mail. No way to really get one,you just have to hope for the best. Things that *may* improve your chances are to request a planning dvd, price a package online (after signing in), if you do not have a Disney account creating one can also increase your chances. There really is no rhyme or reason to how to get one. You just have to have a lot of luck. LOL
Old 06-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #615
kitty2kidz
Mouseketeer

I got my PIN code for free dining yesterday--- unfortunately we are waiting until Feb 2014 to go I am hoping MAYBEEEE we can get another one for Feb?? What do you think-will they send another to the same person so close????
kitty2kidz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: