|06-05-2013, 11:29 AM||#1|
Join Date: Mar 2005
Beach Club or a FW Cabin - Which One Would YOU Choose?
Background: We originally had a reservation at CR for 9/14 through 9/24. However, due to DH's work schedule changing, we're unable to go to the beach this month like we normally do. So, we decided to combine our Disney trip w/ a beach trip & change resorts. Now our plan is to be on the beach from 9/14 through 9/17, leave the beach early morning on 9/18, & arrive at our Disney resort on 9/18 sometime around 9ish to check-in & then go to a park. We'll leave WDW on 9/24, as originally planned.
9/14 - 9/17 - St. Augustine
9/18 - 9/24 - WDW
We're currently trying to decide between the Beach Club & a FW cabin. DH has been leaning toward FW, while I've been leaning toward the Beach Club. We talked some more this morning, & I think we decided on the BC. So I emailed our AAA agent to change our reservation to BC. However, she hasn't emailed me back yet, and I'm already second-guessing myself.
Here are my Pros/Cons for the Beach Club:
* Walk to EPCOT
* Stormalong Bay
* Always wanted to try an EPCOT resort
* No internal buses
* Since the beginning of our trip is in St. Augustine, we're kinda continuing the beach theme of the trip
* Instead of Chef Mickey's, we could try Cape May Café character breakfast - a new experience for us
* With gardenview, our view may or may not be nice
* Some rooms at Beach Club just have Juliet balconies
* Our room could be pretty far away from everything
* Bus to MK, so you're w/ the masses at the bus station at the MK after Wishes
* Not a very good quick-service
* Will never need to ride the monorail
Here are my Pros/Cons for FW:
* Boat to MK (although it can be a lengthy boat ride)
* Boat dock is straight in front of the MK
* Campground atmosphere is peaceful & rustic kinda like a step back in time
* Car is right by our cabin for driving purposes to EPCOT, DHS, & AK
* Nightly Electric Boat Parade
* We're still at a MK resort
* Would probably schedule Hoop Dee Doo - which has been on our Disney "to do" list for several years
* Can take the boat to Chef Mickeys & then monorail to EPCOT
* Internal buses
* Slow boat ride
* No quick-service
* In a cabin, you're kinda away from the Disney hustle & bustle so you lose a little of the atmosphere
* Every time we ride the boat, we see the Contemporary, our favorite resort - might make us wish we were there...
So, w/ the above noted, for me, the 2 main advantages to FW are (1) boat dock at the MK & (2) lower price; the main disadvantage is the internal bus.
The 2 main advantages to Beach Club are (1) it's a deluxe resort w/ beachy theme-ing & (2) walk to EPCOT; the main disadvantage is the bus station at the MK after Wishes.
In our previous visits, we've stayed at the CR, FW, & the WL, so this would be our first time not staying at a MK area resort. I'm afraid we might miss the MK area, but, again, we've talked several times about staying at an EPCOT resort. DH really likes the Boardwalk area in the evenings; however, he also likes the Electric Boat Parade.
Again, I've emailed our AAA agent to tell her we want BC. But, now, I'm wondering if we made the right choice.
Did I make the right choice w/ the Beach Club, or should we switch to a FW cabin?
"All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie dust!"
(DH) (me) (DD, 14years) (DS, 12 years) (DS, 4 years)
Last edited by Wendy31; 06-05-2013 at 11:38 AM.
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|