Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2013, 09:28 AM   #1
thmcdonald1
Earning My Ears

Party For The Senses or Le Cellier?

My wife and I are making our second trip together to Disney in October (it will be our 4th trip, if you count when our parents took us as kids).

When we went last, Nov 2011, we really didn't plan things out and just played it by ear. It was a great time! But, we missed out on all of the great restaurants, and the stress of trying to see and do everything just about killed me.

I made an ADR for Le Cellier during our October trip, and they just announced that the Party for the Senses is the same night. My wife and I don't drink, but are considering getting one of the private tables for that night and canceling our Le Cellier ADR. The problem is there are no other chances for us to go to Le Cellier during our trip, and we never have been.

Other dining choices during the week: Ohana, Kona, Tusker House, Cinderella's Castle Breakfast, and hopefully California Grill (as soon as it opens up). We will also be going to Mickey's NSS Halloween Party that week.

Which is better? Would you think Le Cellier is the best option since I already have the ADR, or is it worth the extra hassle and money to go to Party For The Senses?

Is the private wine table worth it if you don't drink? I've heard that the PftS includes a show by Cirque Du Solei as well as an artisanal cheese station (!!).

Hard decision, but I know either way our Disney Trip will be wonderful.
thmcdonald1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #2
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

There is no comparison between PFTS and Le Cellier. PFTS is far and away much better.
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2013, 09:49 AM   #3
Jestocost
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
There is no comparison between PFTS and Le Cellier. PFTS is far and away much better.
This. Le Cellier is meh.

Last year on our F&WF trip DW and I did V&A. This time the splurge will be PFTS.
Spring 1976, WDW/Golf Resort; Spring 2000, WDW/CBR; Summer 2002, WDW/CBR; Thanksgiving 2003, Disney Wonder & WDW/CBR; Fall 2004, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2005, Disney Magic W. Caribbean; Fall 2005, WDW/BC; Summer 2006, Disney Magic E. Caribbean & WDW/POFQ; Christmas 2006, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2007, DLR/Disneyland Hotel; Fall 2007, WDW/Poly; Summer 2008, WDW/POFQ & Disney Wonder B2B; Thanksgiving 2008, WDW/Poly; Summer 2009, WDW/AKL; Christmas/New Year 2009-2010, WDW/Poly and Disney Magic W. Caribbean; Spring Break 2010, WDW/BC; Summer 2010, WDW/GF; Thanksgiving 2010, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2011, WDW/BC; Summer 2011, WDW/BWI; Thanksgiving 2011, Disney Dream; Summer 2012, WDW/AKL;F&WF 2012, WDW/BWI; Spring Break 2013, WDW/BC; Summer 2013, Disney Wonder Alaska; F&WF 2013, WDW/YC; Spring Break 2014, WDW/AKL and Disney Fantasy W. Caribbean; Summer 2014, WDW/WL; October 2014, Disney Magic S. Caribbean and Repo B2B

Jestocost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:46 AM   #4
thmcdonald1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Thanks! I think my biggest problem is that I can't find much info for PFTS... Is there a website anywhere that has a detailed look at what is included?

Thoughts on the private wine table?
thmcdonald1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #5
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
This is true. But if you want the Wine View Lounge it'll be much more expensive. Not sure about the reserved tables (just the table, no Wine View Lounge), they weren't as expensive. Don't have any idea what they will charge for them this year. But if you want a reserved table, you need to be prepared to make your reservation the first day booking opens - because they sold out quickly.

These were the per person prices for last year:

General admission: $145 plus tax
Reserved seating: $170 plus tax
Wine View Lounge: $270 plus tax

A lot of folks swear by the Wine View Lounge, but I don't consider it worthwhile to pay the premium. There is absolutely no way I would pay for the Wine View Lounge if I didn't drink alcohol (but then I won't pay for it anyway). I may go for the reserved seat this year. I would expect those prices to go up.

This review is from 2011.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/1...or-the-senses/

Keep in mind that the food and beverage offerings are different at every party.

Last edited by TDC Nala; 06-04-2013 at 01:27 PM.
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:23 AM   #6
Robert P
GLOBEX - taking over your world one country at a time

Quote:
Well said. ITA.
01/04 - CBR, AKL: 9/04 - POP, BCV, POR: 10/04 - BCV, (offsite-Radisson-yuck!):
11/05 - Dolphin, BCV, BWV: 10/06 - BCV: 11/06 - Dolphin, BCV:
07/07 - Dolphin, (offsite-Sheraton Safari- AOK!) 11/07 - BCV, Dolphin:
04/08 - Dolphin, BWV: 08/08 - POP, WL: 10/08 - BCV, Swan:
09/09 - Dolphin, (offsite-Sheraton Safari): 11/09 - Swan, BCV 10/10 - Dolphin, BCV

Robert P's April 2008 Dining Reviews: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1791298
Robert P's Fall 2007 Dining Reviews: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1630586
Robert P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #7
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

If you have been to an Outback or Longhorn, IMHO you have experienced what LeCellier is. This place was average and a big let down for me. And that was before it did little with the menu but jack up the prices and call it a signature.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #8
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
If you have been to an Outback or Longhorn, IMHO you have experienced what LeCellier is. This place was average and a big let down for me. And that was before it did little with the menu but jack up the prices and call it a signature.
x2!!!!!!!!!!!!

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #9
mickeysbestfriend
DIS Veteran

Personally

I'd say neither but that is because Le Cellier is way over rated/over priced and the PFTS is way too much to spend on a single meal. I'd look elsewhere

DVC owner-Old Key West
Stockholder
Annual pass holder
TIW member (hate the name)

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...wtac9ku7u8.png
mickeysbestfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:02 PM   #10
shortypots
DIS Veteran

Go for party for the senses, and get the Mushroom filet (their signature dish) at the Canada booth! Although I would go with the reserved table rather than wine view lounge only because you do not drink.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: