Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2013, 11:39 PM   #106
Myca
Earning My Ears

On a recent trip aboard the Magic me and the family decided to catch a mid day movie in the buena vista theatre. I had just made myself an ice cream float when we decided to go to the movie. Well the movie had just started when we arrived so it was completely dark and my eyes had not adjusted and I missed a step. I caught myself and didn't fall but my hand that was holding the float flew up along with the full cup of ice cream and soda. I'm not sure but I don't think anyone saw me as I was walking behind my dh. After we got the extended family settled in to watch the movie I turned to my dh and let him know that I didn't feel like watching the movie after all and we left. As we walked out of the theatre I said I needed to use the restroom first. Dh turns and looks at me and asked "what happened to you?" I replied "nothing, why? It seems I had ice cream all over my head.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:25 AM   #107
SugarRush
Earning My Ears

This thread is so funny. Given me some ideas though
SugarRush is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2013, 08:28 AM   #108
Fantasiesabound
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinasmom View Post
oh dang, here goes:

1) I've picked up abandonded (and yes, I am sure they were abandonded) souvenir drink cups (like from the sailaway drink of the day cups).

You just reminded me that not only am I a PJ wearin' Mama to the breakfast buffet but I am also a dumpster diver!!!

Oh you all will never look at me the same again!!!

Coming back on board after CC, (and maybe a couple Konk Koolers) I noticed that someone had dumped their soft sided DCL cooler that they sell the large packs of water in, into the trash!!! I was like, SCORE!!!! and grabbed that puppy right out of that trash can!!!! It was totally clean, and I have cleaned it about three thousand times since. It even still had the tags on it!

It has now become my absolute favorite cooler to bring everywhere!

We also may have more coconut cups for the kids than we actually bought drinks in......

The stuff people will throw away... I'm tellin ya!!!

You all are now going to be checking around trash cans I assure you!!!

Link to some of my scrapbooking pics from our 2006 Cruise:http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=326
07/13/12 - 07/15/12 2SN NYC Disney Magic cabin 2012 ~ ~ 04/17/11 - 04/21/11 4S Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Dream cabin 5650 ~~ 04/18/09 - 04/25/09 7-Night Caribbean Cruise Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Magic cabin 7586 ~~ 04/29/06 - 05/06/06 7-Night Caribbean Cruise Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Magic cabin 6608
Fantasiesabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:43 AM   #109
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA View Post
I'm not sure I want to confess my "Bad PArent of the Year" incident....but here goes.
After losing my dear mother in law to brain cancer at 63, and 10 months later dear father in law to a heart attack at age 67 - my family decided we needed a lot of Magic. So we took a much needed vacation and spent a week at WDW followed by a week on the Magic EC in Jan 2011 trip. The week on the cruise we spent with good friends of dh's from the military who had a ds a year older than my dd and they had a dd a year older then my ds.
In AP on the last night (we had late seating), I encouraged my ds 3 1/2 to eat all his pasta and I would buy him the big toy he wanted from the store. He is not a good eater and every night the servers would bring our friends daughter 2 meals and she would eat like a pro while ds would not eat hardly anything. So on the last night, I encouraged him - eat all your pasta and you will have the big toy! I can't recall now what the toy was...so ds was so excited. He ate every piece of macaroni. The server commented how proud he was, we all laughed and cheered him on.....UNTIL.....ds started to vomit. Projectile vomit..
all the macaroni all over. EVERYWHERE. on his clothes, on me, on his plate, on the table cloth...I was mortified. The adults hadn't even been served meals yet. Our friends thought it was so funny. DS was fine, he just ate too fast. I felt horrible. Worse was our luggage was put out and already gone, all we had was our clothes for the next day.
I scooped him up and headed for the stateroom. The server followed me wanting to make it right, asking to sent my meal there but I was already racing out. What happened after I left, I know because our friends took lots of pictures. Men in suits and helmets came to the table; SPACE MEN they looked like - biohazard suits came to the table to clean up the mess and replace the linens, the dishes and all the silverware. Then they reset the table and all the food. Apparently no one from the other tables even flinched.
DS and I cleaned up, we went straight to the store and bought the toy, and then headed back to the dining room - I could barely look at anyone. But the servers were so happy to see us, they welcomed ds and quickly brought food out and acted like nothing happened.
The kids still talk about the "Space Man" at dinner.....
And I never use bribes for eating anymore - learned my lesson
Sorry but that is hilarious. So glad DS was ok and had only eaten too fast. The RP was about 2 minutes away from seeing the "space men" last week on my cruise due to some serious sea sickness. But that's another story.
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:01 AM   #110
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&mfamily View Post
I brought an iron and it caught on fire and I just threw it overboard.
OMG! You had me laughing out loud at the office! The very quiet office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgarv View Post
One time as we were leaving the ship, I passed a stateroom that was open, and saw the red "Dream" pillow under the bed.......so I took it.

Good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahdove View Post
I have to confess, I brought shells back from CC...I put them in my DGD and DGS's scrapbook that I made for them for a Christmas gift Oops, I do hope there are more shells....
I'm glad someone else confessed to this.....now I will also. I didn't want to put them in our beach bag because I was afraid they would scan it so......I had DH put them in the pockets of his swim shorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesMom View Post
This is hilarious!

My confession- I went on the Dream in February without my kids. I lied and told them we were going to Las Vegas.
Ahhh....I feel better now knowing I'm not the only one that goes on DCL without their kids. DH and I took a 3 night last week but we didn't tell them we were going anywhere. They weren't home all week so we didn't tell them anything. Ignorance is bliss......
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:09 AM   #111
Fielhol
Mouseketeer

Hubby went diving on our last cruise and took a stateroom towel with him to the dive site, in his diving bag. He brought his own flippers, mask etc with us on the trip. When I was unpacking when we got home I found said towel in a side pocket of the bag :/ I was horrified!! Luckily it's just a generic white towel, so it's not expensive. But I always look at it and go ahhhh that came off the Magic
Old 06-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #112
wcw57
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjje View Post
I wore crocs to dinner on formal night and my dress wasn't long enough to hide them.
crocs with a dress?!?!?! did they at least have a fashionable rubber heel?
Old 06-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #113
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcw57 View Post

crocs with a dress?!?!?! did they at least have a fashionable rubber heel?
Crocs makes some very nice and very comfy heels.
ranidayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:36 AM   #114
fairfax
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasiesabound

You just reminded me that not only am I a PJ wearin' Mama to the breakfast buffet but I am also a dumpster diver!!!

Coming back on board after CC, (and maybe a couple Konk Koolers) I noticed that someone had dumped their soft sided DCL cooler that they sell the large packs of water in, into the trash!!! I was like, SCORE!!!! and grabbed that puppy right out of that trash can!!!! It was totally clean, and I have cleaned it about three thousand times since. It even still had the tags on it!

We also may have more coconut cups for the kids than we actually bought drinks in......

Oh man, I do this all the time at Rays baseball games! People leave the nice souvenir cups behind at their seats, and the cute (and sturdy!) plastic bowls shaped like baseball caps w/ the team logo that they serve ice cream in. I have a service for 8 now lol. So embarrassing for my kids as I would collect them on our way out of the Trop. I would have been all over that cooler you found!
Old 06-05-2013, 11:05 AM   #115
dizney-cruiser
DiZney CraZy ºoº
we dont want no stinkin snow in NJ!!

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarker View Post
Hi. I'm Dbarker. I, too am a shampoo, conditioner, lotion hoarder. I, also, hoarded the bathroom amenities provided by DCL.

However; we had a fertilizer plant explosion in a town near us not too long ago. I donated ALL of my stash to the victims. I didn't even look to see what I would be missing.

Now, I have to start all over w/ this next cruise.

You are much better than I!! In our guest bathroom I keep a basket with things we bring back from traveling . . . soap, shampoo, etc, etc. . . our guests have often told us how they use them . . .

A friend recently started collecting things for homeless in our area, and I asked if she would like a bunch of these to give them. . .

I was going through all my stash. . . still have some from our first cruise in 2004. . . but I was unable to give away anything Disney!! I started having heart palpitations just thinking about it . . .

dizney-cruiser
(Janice)

2004 (Wonder); 2006 (Magic); 2007 (Wonder);
2008 (Magic Double Dip); 2010 (Magic Double Dip); 2011 (Dream B2B);
2012 (Fantasy B2B); 2013 (Fantasy); 2014 (Fantasy);

2015 (B2B Fantasy!)
dizney-cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #116
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasiesabound View Post

OMG.....that is an awesome find!

I was stalking the excursion meetups on our MR cruise April 2012 because I wanted one of those coolers so bad. My Mom had purchased one the year before on the Dream but I didn't (and regretted it). But they didn't have them on that cruise so I had to wait until we were back on the ship last Sept to finally get one.

Had I only known that I needed to keep an eye on the trash cans instead

OK..I'm making a mental note to check all trash cans before buying any souvenirs on the Fantasy this month.
DCL: Wonder - January 2011, Dream - B2B April 2011, Wonder - April 2012 (MR), Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast), Fantasy - June 2013 (Eastern), Wonder - May 2014 (Cruise to Nowhere), Wonder - August 2014 (Alaska)

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #117
jenifred
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaid Princess View Post
Hubby and I hogged one of the big round pod chairs by the adult pool for most of the sea day on our last Dream cruise. We took turns swimming, getting snacks etc. so we wouldn't lose the chair!
Totally guilty of the exact same thing. If I could figure a way to get it off the ship, I'd steal that chair in a heatbeat.

jenifred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #118
patches4me
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids View Post
Room attendant. But I preferred my break free DCL souvenir cup anyway and rarely used them but others did.
You can ask at the bar or your room attendant. They will give you as many as you want.
patches4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:53 AM   #119
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by patches4me View Post
You can ask at the bar or your room attendant. They will give you as many as you want.
Of my precious souvenir cups?!? Say it ain't so! I'd have gotten one in every color?

~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #120
MissySprng
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizney-cruiser

A friend recently started collecting things for homeless in our area, and I asked if she would like a bunch of these to give them. . .

I was going through all my stash. . . still have some from our first cruise in 2004. . . but I was unable to give away anything Disney!! I started having heart palpitations just thinking about it . . .
You are joking right? I can't imagine not helping if I could, especially if it hasn't been used in almost 10 years.
MissySprng is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: