Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2013, 05:28 PM   #1
DizzyGal24
Earning My Ears

Hollywood and Vine Lunch

Booked lunch for Hollywood and Vine at the end of July, because cm on phone told me it was character dining with Disney Jr. Characters. When I check my confirmation in my email I am concerned because beside the word lunch it says not character dining. My three old is so excited so I hope this is a glitch. So, are characters at lunch or not? Thanks.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #2
Amanda999
Mouseketeer

Yes - characters at H&V at lunch

Definitely the characters are there at lunch (and breakfast, but not dinner) - that 'glitch' when you make the ADR online has been there (for me at least) for at least a year.

Handy Manny, Jake of the Neverland Pirates, June of Little Einsteins and Oso (of I don't know what show) are there. They meet individually at your table, and every 20 or 30 minutes do dancing (I think 1 or 2 characters at a time, with an energetic CM) in the middle of the restaurant and encourage the kids to join in.

I phoned to confirm that characters appear at lunch in January and March 2013, and went to the lunch in late April 2013 (and the characters were there). (I phoned because my son LOVES this lunch - meeting HM and Jake. So, I would need to know in advance if they weren't there, to prepare him.)

FYI: Handy Manny (and either Jake or the LIttle Einsteins?? I can't remember) was taken out of the Disney Jr. concert, at HS. Sophia the First and Doc McStuffins replaced Handy Manny and the other one. So, we're thinking that Handy Manny (and Jake or June) will not be at the H&V meals forever. But I hope they are until my son is over them!
Amanda999 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2013, 10:12 PM   #3
DizzyGal24
Earning My Ears

Great. Thanks so much. My daughter will be excited about Sofia in the show at HS. Thanks for letting me know. One less thing to stress over. Whew!
Old 06-04-2013, 10:25 PM   #4
6disneykids
Mouseketeer

My family had a wonderful time at H&V! In March we had the first lunch ADR @11:00, and had great character interaction. The characters we had were Jake, Handy Manny, Oso, and June. DS4 kept mentioning how happy he was that there were "boys" there, he had enough of the princesses DD2 wanted to see.
6disneykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:33 PM   #5
DizzyGal24
Earning My Ears

I agree that this meal will give us a break from princesses, Mickey, and his gang.

Last edited by DizzyGal24; 06-04-2013 at 10:49 PM.
DizzyGal24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:11 AM   #6
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda999 View Post
Definitely the characters are there at lunch (and breakfast, but not dinner) - that 'glitch' when you make the ADR online has been there (for me at least) for at least a year.

Handy Manny, Jake of the Neverland Pirates, June of Little Einsteins and Oso (of I don't know what show) are there. They meet individually at your table, and every 20 or 30 minutes do dancing (I think 1 or 2 characters at a time, with an energetic CM) in the middle of the restaurant and encourage the kids to join in.

I phoned to confirm that characters appear at lunch in January and March 2013, and went to the lunch in late April 2013 (and the characters were there). (I phoned because my son LOVES this lunch - meeting HM and Jake. So, I would need to know in advance if they weren't there, to prepare him.)

FYI: Handy Manny (and either Jake or the LIttle Einsteins?? I can't remember) was taken out of the Disney Jr. concert, at HS. Sophia the First and Doc McStuffins replaced Handy Manny and the other one. So, we're thinking that Handy Manny (and Jake or June) will not be at the H&V meals forever. But I hope they are until my son is over them!
Just an FYI Oso is from Special Agent Oso. He has his own show. I have a feeling they are going to replace him soon though because when we were there for lunch in May I think my daughter was the only kid who recognized him. She loved that show it was on before Doc and Sofia joined the line up on tv.
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Cobern is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: