|06-04-2013, 05:25 PM||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2013
Hoop seating question
We are thinking of returning to the Hoop this trip- having done it five years ago when DS was five. Then, we had the DDP and were lucky enough to have been seated right in front near the stage. It's pretty expensive, so I'm thinking this time ( no DDP) of paying to go. Can anybody give me feedback as to their seating? And even if you get Category 1, there is a huge difference in table placement..Thanks in advance!
|06-04-2013, 06:16 PM||#2|
Join Date: Sep 2010
We've had category 1 seating both times. The earlier you book determines where you are seated. Once we were 2 tables back from the center stage. This time, it was about 4 tables, still a killer spot.
(ME) (DH) (DD9)
Home Away from Home!
|06-04-2013, 07:36 PM||#3|
Seeing isn't believing. Believing is seeing.
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: 15-min from WDW.
HOOP-DEE-DO-REVIEW SEATING INFO:
1) HDDR tables are assigned in category by the date of the ressie.
2) They are manually assigned on 7th day before the show date.
3) Last minute ressies are assigned to the next open table in order.
4) There are no requests allowed for tables.
5) Earlier ressies get the better tables.
6) Exceptions are #044 & #045, kept for last minute handicapped guests.
7) Table numbers have meaning,
. . . EXAMPLE: table #052
. . . 0 = floor-level
. . . 5 = fifth-row-from-front
. . . 2 = second-table-from-left
8) Tables are moved around to accommodate number of guests per that table.
9) Only one family/group is seated per table (usually). *
10) Distribution of tables and categories.
. . . Cat-1 tables are main floor from stage thru row-8 - and are the best seats
. . . Cat-2 tables are the seven tables in row-9 on main floor
. . . Cat-2 tables are the last four tables left and right wings main floor
. . . Cat-2 tables are the eight rear balcony tables facing stage
. . . Cat-3 tables are the eight tables on both balcony sides
. . . Cat-2 and Cat-3 tables may have posts in the viewing way
. . . most Cat-3 tables require you to turn around or crank your neck to see
11) Tickets are picked up
. . . up to 7-days early at Resort Concierge or Park/DTD Guest Services
. . . up to 2-hours before performace at concierge or GS
. . . at show time or with 2-hrs before showtime only at Box Office
. . . HDDR right window is a daytime Concierge Desk, left window is Box Office
* There are four large tables for big families. If there are no big families (which
seldom happens), they will mix small families of 2-4 to fill the tables. This allows
HDDR to maximize the seating, and revenue.
|06-04-2013, 11:03 PM||#4|
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago suburbs
It was definitely worth it to get the cat 3 seats since we could see everything and enjoy the show just as much, if not better, than many of the other tables.
Next up: Beach Club March 19th to 25th, 2014 and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 2000, 1995, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|