Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2013, 09:57 PM   #136
2BusyPlanning
DIS Veteran

Congratulations! Loving the report, can't wait to hear all about it!!!

Next Trip:
September 20, 2014
DCL - Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean - AGAIN!

1st DCL cruise: Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean, September 21-28, 2013 - My Blog
2BusyPlanning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:00 PM   #137
2BusyPlanning
DIS Veteran

Congratulations!

Loving the report, can't wait to hear all about your weekend!!!

Next Trip:
September 20, 2014
DCL - Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean - AGAIN!

1st DCL cruise: Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean, September 21-28, 2013 - My Blog
2BusyPlanning is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2013, 02:34 PM   #138
qits
Mouseketeer

Congratulations!!! I pray that your union will be blessed.
qits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:25 PM   #139
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Congrats! So since you guys go to Disney so often and you got engaged there are you going to have a Disney wedding?!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:21 PM   #140
princess aleya
DIS Veteran

How awesome, congratulations, can't wait to hear about it!!!!!

princess aleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:05 PM   #141
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments!! This week has been crazy with closing up the classroom and getting things put in order for the summer! I'm having issues with my ring (already!) so DF and I are having to deal with that Not so sure it was wise buying from a known chain now Wish we would have done more research first but hopefully it will be taken care of even if I have to be without a beauty for a few weeks. I'll be back hopefully tomorrow or Friday with updates!! Thanks for reading!!!
Old 05-29-2013, 10:29 PM   #142
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Sorry about your ring

But can't wait to hear the details
Old 05-30-2013, 03:00 PM   #143
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Hopefully the issues with the ring can be resolved
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:25 PM   #145
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
I'm engaged!!!!!! That's all ill say for now! Pics and story later this week!! Thanks for reading!!!
EEP!!!!!! Congratulations!!! Can't wait to hear the details!
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:31 PM   #146
Trentmom
Has a high Poodar

Hey Megan

You home yet?

can't wait to hear the details on your engagement

No pressure

Last edited by Trentmom; 06-04-2013 at 04:32 PM. Reason: WOOPS....
Trentmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:55 PM   #147
Wonders10
DIS Veteran

Huge congrats again! So...I know you're back in Florida and are on summer vacation so, get back here and give us a detailed play by play of the proposal!
Wonders10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:44 PM   #148
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Hi everyone!!! Life has been crazy!! I just came back to Orlando after being at home for a long weekend. I was able to see my fiancé, clean through my room at the house my parents are selling in OH, and move some stuff into the new room at the new house in PA.

I PROMISE I will get an update in soon from the cruise and the proposal but I don't know if it will happen in the next few days bc Disney has me working 12 hour days for the next 4 days, a 7 hour day Sunday and then I start my teacher training on Monday but I'm still here and will be back to report soon!!!

Thanks for hanging in with me!
Old 06-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #149
Trentmom
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Hi everyone!!! Life has been crazy!! I just came back to Orlando after being at home for a long weekend. I was able to see my fiancé, clean through my room at the house my parents are selling in OH, and move some stuff into the new room at the new house in PA.

I PROMISE I will get an update in soon from the cruise and the proposal but I don't know if it will happen in the next few days bc Disney has me working 12 hour days for the next 4 days, a 7 hour day Sunday and then I start my teacher training on Monday but I'm still here and will be back to report soon!!!

Thanks for hanging in with me!
No worries. We know you have been busy.

That's a lot of hours I am sure you are going be exhausted

We are ready whenever you are .
Old 06-09-2013, 08:10 PM   #150
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Engagement Story...

ENGAGEMENT STORY!!!

Hi Dis Friends!!

I told you I would be back!! I figured before I continue with the report (which might take me till our next cruise to finish haha) I would report on the engagement weekend!

The weekend started off on the 23rd. DBF arrived and we stayed at POP. I had work on the 24th and he bummed around the resort until I picked him up at noon.

I surprised him with the fact that I didn't have to go back to work like I thought and had the afternoon off! We left POP and checked into WL at 1pm. Our room was ready (yay!) and we got a courtyard room with a king bed!

DBF said that his plan was to go to MK for the 24 hour event (my cm ID was blocked so I couldn't go) so I told him to go ahead and go and I'd be at the pool! He texted me 30 mins later and said a bus never came and he was coming to the pool..oh well!

We ate dinner at 5:15pm at WCC which was fun but odd for a couple with no kids, no other family, and a table for 2. The food was good and we enjoyed each other!

After dinner DF tried to fool me and say we were going to Epcot via bus which I said lets just drive. Then he suggested the boat to CR then monorails..waste of time!!! I went with it since we agreed I'd give him one weekend to make plans so I went with it. When we got to CR he said we weren't going to Epcot. I thought we were going to MK and he got a free ticket from my roommate or another friend..but NO. He took me up to the CR/BLT walk way...

It was then he told me we were going on a Wishes Fireworks Cruise!!

I was excited but NEVER did I think I would get engaged on that Wishes Cruise..it was too obvious and plus I knew we were going to MK and Epcot the next day which is where I thought I would get engaged...

We met our driver and had a seat by the docks until it was ready to go. DF went up to pay at the window and I waited till it was our time.

Around 9pm it was time to go!

We took a boat tour and stopped to watch the water parade at WL then went over to 7 Seas Lagoon!

The driver talked to us the whole time about all the resorts along the way and just about Disney in general.

Finally it was time to watch Wishes! Our boat did not have the sound system but we parked next to others that did!

Half way through (after the Sorcerer's Mickey part) DF asked me to take a pic with him that the driver took. We took a few pics and then I turned back to keep watching. DF called my name and BOOM...PROPOSAL!!

Needless to say I was shocked and happy! I got a cruise and a castle..just not the ones I thought I would get like in March haha.

After the fireworks, the driver dropped us off at WL and then it was time to call everyone in the world and tell them we're engaged! I think we went to bed at like 2am that night lol.

The rest of the weekend, we spent at Disney going to parks, relaxing, and eating from our DDP

Basically it was a perfect weekend! I was so glad that we were staying at WL and that we had a fantastic weekend! Oh..and DF's plan to go to MK was a lie! He ended up going to Concierge to argue with them about the cruise bc they rebooked us on the Pirates one eek! DF got it straightened out though and never did go to MK lol....

We have not set a date yet BUT we are meeting with Disney Fairytale Weddings on July 5th so I'm hoping/praying we can set a date and do this affordably!!!

If anyone has any affordable wedding tips (minus ceremony venue, food, beverage, and DJ) let me know!!!!

Thanks for reading..I'll be back in a few days for a cruise update!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: