Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2013, 10:11 PM   #1
zjennk
Earning My Ears

Akershus dress question

My DD 7 is very excited to go to Akershus for breakfast in June but does not want to wear her princess dress. Do girls attend in regular clothes or will she feel bad because all of the girls are in princess attire?
zjennk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:26 PM   #2
geraghty
Mouseketeer

She should be fine in regular clothes. The last time we went, there were several diners without children, and several families with kids that were in street clothes.
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2013, 10:34 PM   #3
theparsons
DIS Veteran

I agree with PP.....no problem wearing regular park clothing.....yes, many of the little girls will be in princess gear, but not all.
theparsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:50 PM   #4
myhouseofmouse
Disney Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by theparsons View Post
I agree with PP.....no problem wearing regular park clothing.....yes, many of the little girls will be in princess gear, but not all.
Agree, there will lots of girls dressed up, but just as many not. either way will be fine.

Have a great trip
Old 06-04-2013, 11:26 PM   #5
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjennk View Post
My DD 7 is very excited to go to Akershus for breakfast in June but does not want to wear her princess dress. Do girls attend in regular clothes or will she feel bad because all of the girls are in princess attire?
She will be just fine. As others have said, yes there will be girls dressed up in princess attire, but most will not. A compromise may be to schedule an appointment at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and have them just do her hair and make up. We did this with my DD for her first trip when she was younger. It was not the cheapest thing in the world, but it sure was priceless (and worth it) watching her expressions and joy as they transformed her from being just "daddy's" princess to being a Disney princess.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:28 AM   #6
cymbaldiva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjennk View Post
Can't speak to how your kiddo will feel because everyone's feelings are their own.

I can tell you there's no rule saying little girls must wear princess gear - she can certainly wear whatever she'd like

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: