Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-23-2013, 11:22 AM   #16
MBluvsthemagic
Earning My Ears
 
MBluvsthemagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 64

Veteran our hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL1957 View Post
Welcome it will be our 12 th cruise and our 9th on the Magic!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
We looked up to veterans military and Disney! This will make our 9th if count separately, however it is part of a b2b. We are starting 12/22 to Cozumel. We have sailed 2 on the Wonder and the rest on the Magic. We are DVC members.
Love the Magic. WDW this will be our4th. Disneyland 100's, We live in San Diego and have been going to DL since we were kids then when we were married it was our honeymoon, anniversary, grandkids,birthdays, etc. Now we go just for fun! That is what we cruise for vacation and fun. Life is so goooooooooooooooood!
MBluvsthemagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:47 AM   #17
DCLInauguralXmas
Mouseketeer
 
DCLInauguralXmas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 107

Welcome

Welcome KimDisney, MomtoMattclare, and MBluvsthemagic!

Wow DL1957 12th Cruise?? You are my hero! We did the magic during the inaugural xmas sailing back in 1998 but this cruise will only be our 5th. We finally will be gold members! We have done 3 on the magic, 1 on the wonder (Alaska in Roy Disney suite - that was sweet), and 1 on the Fantasy. We only like to do 7 or more day cruises so we have not been on the Dream yet.

It is gonna be awesome!

Everyone have a safe fun filled holiday weekend!
__________________
Denise


1974 - 1985 X Mas at WDW - Fort Wilderness 1984 1st trip to DL - offsite, 1986 Honeymoon at WDW - offsite, 1990 back to DL - offsite, 1993 1st trip to WDW with kids age 2 and 1 - offsite, 1995 - WDW offsite
1998 - Inaugural Christmas Cruise on Magic - with all four kids youngest twins 10 mos old.
2000, 2002, 2004, 2006 - X Mas at WDW - Port Orleans
2008 - 10 year celebration of our first DCL Xmas Cruise - 7 night western Magic
2010 - August off site, November All Star Movie
2011 - January Fort Wilderness Villa
2011 - Wonderful Alaskan Cruise Wonder in Roy Disney suite
2012 - New Y"Ears" Eve on the Fantasy
2013 - Christmas and New Years on Magic B2B2B
DCLInauguralXmas is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-23-2013, 04:49 PM   #18
MBluvsthemagic
Earning My Ears
 
MBluvsthemagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 64

Love Chatting ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCLInauguralXmas View Post
Welcome KimDisney, MomtoMattclare, and MBluvsthemagic!

Wow DL1957 12th Cruise?? You are my hero! We did the magic during the inaugural xmas sailing back in 1998 but this cruise will only be our 5th. We finally will be gold members! We have done 3 on the magic, 1 on the wonder (Alaska in Roy Disney suite - that was sweet), and 1 on the Fantasy. We only like to do 7 or more day cruises so we have not been on the Dream yet.

It is gonna be awesome!

Everyone have a safe fun filled holiday weekend!
Thanks for the welcome.
I have posted to both boards. It is fun chatting on the boards. I am a college professor.My students are taking their final exam so I had some free time. 209 days till we sail. It will be here before we know it. DH is already working on FE's. We are gold members also. Online booking is Sept.8th. I am teaching over the summer so time will fly by.
Have a great weekend. Be safe.

Last edited by MBluvsthemagic; 05-23-2013 at 04:49 PM. Reason: spelling
MBluvsthemagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:00 PM   #19
ktb2002
DIS Veteran
 
ktb2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central IL
Posts: 657

Welcome, welcome everyone!!
__________________


Wonder 12/21/08
Dream 03/27/12
Fantasy 07/14/12
Dream 10/07/12
Dream 10/11/12
Fantasy 05/25/13
ktb2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:33 PM   #20
DL1957
DIS Veteran
 
DL1957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,324

Welcome!

Welcome
I agree about the short cruises. We normally would never go on a 3 day cruise but we were convinced by the family that we should go so they got us at a time where we said yes. Not only is this our first 3 day on DCL it is our first time in an inside cabin and our first with 19 others so this will be a great experince.
Sue
__________________
DCLStarted in 1999 became Platimum in September 2012! 1st Panama Canal, 1st Med, 1st Balitic, 1st LA to Vancouver repo, 1st Alaska, 1st to Greece & Turkey!
DCL
Western Carribean 1st time on the Fantasy May 2015
Copenhagen to Dover June, 2015!
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #21
DL1957
DIS Veteran
 
DL1957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,324

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBluvsthemagic View Post
Thanks for the welcome.
I have posted to both boards. It is fun chatting on the boards. I am a college professor.My students are taking their final exam so I had some free time. 209 days till we sail. It will be here before we know it. DH is already working on FE's. We are gold members also. Online booking is Sept.8th. I am teaching over the summer so time will fly by.
Have a great weekend. Be safe.
No one has organized the FE yet and not sure how many of us there will be. Our group has 10 staterooms and I am pretty sure at least 1/2 if not all would be willing to participate. Sue
__________________
DCLStarted in 1999 became Platimum in September 2012! 1st Panama Canal, 1st Med, 1st Balitic, 1st LA to Vancouver repo, 1st Alaska, 1st to Greece & Turkey!
DCL
Western Carribean 1st time on the Fantasy May 2015
Copenhagen to Dover June, 2015!
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #22
MBluvsthemagic
Earning My Ears
 
MBluvsthemagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 64

Fe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL1957 View Post
No one has organized the FE yet and not sure how many of us there will be. Our group has 10 staterooms and I am pretty sure at least 1/2 if not all would be willing to participate. Sue
.
Some of us are cruising B2B. We have someone from the DEC 22 organizing the list for that cruise. We can see who wants to take on the challenge as this one moves closer to sailing date. During the holiday cruises we usually have lots of participation. WOW 10 staterooms! That is great!
MBluvsthemagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #23
ktb2002
DIS Veteran
 
ktb2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central IL
Posts: 657

If anyone organizes one I would love to participate in the FE as long as we keep the lists smallish lol. With 3 cruises that's going to require a lot of space, and I also have to try for some Christmas.
__________________


Wonder 12/21/08
Dream 03/27/12
Fantasy 07/14/12
Dream 10/07/12
Dream 10/11/12
Fantasy 05/25/13
ktb2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:07 PM   #24
DL1957
DIS Veteran
 
DL1957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,324

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktb2002 View Post
If anyone organizes one I would love to participate in the FE as long as we keep the lists smallish lol. With 3 cruises that's going to require a lot of space, and I also have to try for some Christmas.
I see how many of my group wants to do it and like you if it is small numbers I will organize. Sue

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
DCLStarted in 1999 became Platimum in September 2012! 1st Panama Canal, 1st Med, 1st Balitic, 1st LA to Vancouver repo, 1st Alaska, 1st to Greece & Turkey!
DCL
Western Carribean 1st time on the Fantasy May 2015
Copenhagen to Dover June, 2015!
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:49 AM   #25
MBluvsthemagic
Earning My Ears
 
MBluvsthemagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 64

Great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL1957 View Post
I see how many of my group wants to do it and like you if it is small numbers I will organize. Sue

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I can help you also. If the list becomes too large just pass it on to me. Let' see how it goes. Let's keep chatting. I just finished first week of teaching the summer session of college and tonight was the graduation ceremony. As each week passes I am counting down. We are really excited about the refurbishing the Magic will have when we sail.
MBluvsthemagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #26
DL1957
DIS Veteran
 
DL1957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,324

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBluvsthemagic View Post

I can help you also. If the list becomes too large just pass it on to me. Let' see how it goes. Let's keep chatting. I just finished first week of teaching the summer session of college and tonight was the graduation ceremony. As each week passes I am counting down. We are really excited about the refurbishing the Magic will have when we sail.
We are also looking forward to the changes. We sail on the Magic for the last time before the changes a week from tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
DCLStarted in 1999 became Platimum in September 2012! 1st Panama Canal, 1st Med, 1st Balitic, 1st LA to Vancouver repo, 1st Alaska, 1st to Greece & Turkey!
DCL
Western Carribean 1st time on the Fantasy May 2015
Copenhagen to Dover June, 2015!
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #27
MBluvsthemagic
Earning My Ears
 
MBluvsthemagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 64

Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL1957 View Post
We are also looking forward to the changes. We sail on the Magic for the last time before the changes a week from tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I hope you will post after your trip and share about your experience.
MBluvsthemagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #28
MBluvsthemagic
Earning My Ears
 
MBluvsthemagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 64

DVC Members?

How many of us are DVC members on this voyage so far? WHen did you join and what is your home resort? Ours is joined in 2007 and Saratoga Springs Resort.
MBluvsthemagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:40 PM   #29
DL1957
DIS Veteran
 
DL1957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,324

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBluvsthemagic View Post
How many of us are DVC members on this voyage so far? WHen did you join and what is your home resort? Ours is joined in 2007 and Saratoga Springs Resort.
We are and have been since 2001. We are at SS, Wilderness Lodge, and Grand CA. One other in our group joined at 2008 are at the Animal Kingdom. The rest of the group is not.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
DCLStarted in 1999 became Platimum in September 2012! 1st Panama Canal, 1st Med, 1st Balitic, 1st LA to Vancouver repo, 1st Alaska, 1st to Greece & Turkey!
DCL
Western Carribean 1st time on the Fantasy May 2015
Copenhagen to Dover June, 2015!
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #30
MBluvsthemagic
Earning My Ears
 
MBluvsthemagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 64

Dvc

[QUOTE=DL1957;48628767]We are and have been since 2001. We are at SS, Wilderness Lodge, and Grand CA. One other in our group joined at 2008 are at the Animal Kingdom. The rest of the group is not.
We had Grand Ca but sold it because of budget. We were a bit over our heads. We have plenty of points with 3 contracts. Added on with specials and deals so we cruise every year. It is my vacation and believe I work hard to make sure I enjoy every minute of it. DVC is the best investment we ever made! Those of you spending Christmas on land before our sailing are you celebrating with family at a resort or at home? I am so blessed to have enough points to sail B2B. 201 days til we sail.
MBluvsthemagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.