Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2013, 07:54 PM   #91
NoodlesMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&mfamily View Post
I brought an iron and it caught on fire and I just threw it overboard.

Just kidding. Just seeing if anyone was reading this. No one at home ever listens to me...so, I just thought I'd check here.

This is hilarious!

My confession- I went on the Dream in February without my kids. I lied and told them we were going to Las Vegas.
Pop Century 7/2007- 1st Trip-- Disney Cruise on the Magic 2009--Pop Century 6/2010-- One Night Premium B-day trip ASsp/Dolphin 9/2010-- Saratoga Springs Resort 7/2011 -- Beach Club Villas/Disney Dream 9/2011!Disney Dream AKL 02/13 Adults Only!11/13 Disney Dream/ Swan Thanksgiving Surf and Turf! Food and Wine ASMo Bday trip 9/14
NoodlesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:00 PM   #92
cpc430
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesMom View Post

This is hilarious!

My confession- I went on the Dream in February without my kids. I lied and told them we were going to Las Vegas.
This is a good one!! I may have to borrow!
cpc430 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2013, 08:15 PM   #93
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by everydaymathchick View Post
I was wondering about wine glasses since I want to carry my own wine on board. Who/where did you ask for glasses?
I just asked for two glasses at one of the bars and took them back to the cabin. Just be sure and put them in a cupboard or your cabin steward will take them when they clean your cabin.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:29 PM   #94
CruiseCrazy44
Mouseketeer

I must confess shame faced that on my four day cruise on the dream and I didn't see my teens or my six yr old DS from breakfast to dinner pretty much every day, and not once did I feel guilty about it. I did try to go liberate my youngest the first day, but he didn't want to leave, so I went to the quiet cove instead!
CruiseCrazy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #95
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post

Just kidding. Just seeing if anyone was reading this. No one at home ever listens to me...so, I just thought I'd check here.
sitting here chuckling out loud. Just too funny.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #96
PATTERSON PARTY OF 3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePicketts View Post

I knew it! :-P
Lol....... I read that thread too!
PATTERSON PARTY OF 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #97
dbarker
Mouseketeer
You can't miss my DH. He's a big burly USMC redneck w/ a fanny pack and acting like a kid who can't wait for the next ride at WDW.

Hi. I'm Dbarker. I, too am a shampoo, conditioner, lotion hoarder. I, also, hoarded the bathroom amenities provided by DCL.

However; we had a fertilizer plant explosion in a town near us not too long ago. I donated ALL of my stash to the victims. I didn't even look to see what I would be missing.

Now, I have to start all over w/ this next cruise.
dbarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:58 PM   #98
Stinasmom
DIS Veteran

oh dang, here goes:

1) I've picked up abandonded (and yes, I am sure they were abandonded) souvenir drink cups (like from the sailaway drink of the day cups). I have both the cocktail ones and a coffee mug one (from Alaska cruise).
BUT -- I don't use them again until I've run them through my dishwasher after getting home.

2) We always bring our own alcohol onboard... we always bring a glass VERY full to dinner. Although we have been known to buy a bottle also.
We get glasses from a bar... just ask... Wine or champagne.
I have also brought it to the pool deck in some kind of unbreakable container.

3) We have brought soft sided coolers to fill with ice to keep our "brought onboard" stuff cold. (We have only been on the classic ships so far... no refrigerators). YES, one leaked... water on the floor... We used towels after that, but feel guilty that we may have contributed to the ban.
4) Oops, one of our "over the door" shoe holders did scratch the paint at the door frame top. Dang, think we contributed to the ban of these too. SORRY! (Double guilty!)
DCL Western&WDW,SW,DC 12/2008
San Diego, Legoland and Disneyland 3/2008
Jazzercise Conv. at CSR at WDW 4/2007
DCL 4-night Wonder & US/IOA/Sea World 12/2006
DCL Magic Mex Riv. 6/2005 & DL/DCA
DL & DCA 5/2004, 5/2007
WDW 1994, 1995,1998, 1999, 2001 2002
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
Stinasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #99
Lauriejl2
Mouseketeer

I love this thread! I keep looking and wishing there was a " like " button on most of these! Especially the crocs under the formal dress! Love that!
Old 06-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #100
MrsB919
Mouseketeer

Great thread! I wish I had something to confess...but I'm picking up some good ideas from all of you so I guess my confessions will have to wait until after Sept.

(Me) (Hubby) (Tanky) : (Ony) (Michey)
5/14- BCV, 9/13- CBR & DCL Fantasy, 9/12 -BWI,12/11 -POP, 9/11- Wedding & Honeymoon GF & DCL,
4/11,7/10,3/08 etc. (to many to count)- Offsite
MrsB919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:39 PM   #101
jczosack
Pixie Duster

Left my husband at home

My cousin and I cruised on the Magic in November out of Galveston and left our husbands at home....best cruise ever.... (confession - I didn't feel guilty about it at all).

Drink Tip - When my husband and I cruised out of NYC last June, we purchased DCL NYC insulated drink cups. I took the cups with us for our girls only cruise. We took the cups to the pool every day and asked our server to have them filled up with our favorite drink, a frozen electric blue lemonade. They would fill them to the top (about a drink and a half) and only charge us for the price of one, it was a great week by the pool and we had the same server every day, by the 2nd day he didn't even have to ask, he would just watch for our cups to empty and then grab them and get them filled up again.....it was a great girls only cruise drinking our way through the Western Caribbean.

My daughter was working on her 2nd contract as Anne Marie so we were lucky enough to get a great price for both cruises. She's on her 3rd contract right now, cruising the Med. with the Magic.
jczosack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:43 PM   #102
ladyj0212
"Dream"ing of Disney Cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA View Post
I'm not sure I want to confess my "Bad PArent of the Year" incident....but here goes.
After losing my dear mother in law to brain cancer at 63, and 10 months later dear father in law to a heart attack at age 67 - my family decided we needed a lot of Magic. So we took a much needed vacation and spent a week at WDW followed by a week on the Magic EC in Jan 2011 trip. The week on the cruise we spent with good friends of dh's from the military who had a ds a year older than my dd and they had a dd a year older then my ds.
In AP on the last night (we had late seating), I encouraged my ds 3 1/2 to eat all his pasta and I would buy him the big toy he wanted from the store. He is not a good eater and every night the servers would bring our friends daughter 2 meals and she would eat like a pro while ds would not eat hardly anything. So on the last night, I encouraged him - eat all your pasta and you will have the big toy! I can't recall now what the toy was...so ds was so excited. He ate every piece of macaroni. The server commented how proud he was, we all laughed and cheered him on.....UNTIL.....ds started to vomit. Projectile vomit..
all the macaroni all over. EVERYWHERE. on his clothes, on me, on his plate, on the table cloth...I was mortified. The adults hadn't even been served meals yet. Our friends thought it was so funny. DS was fine, he just ate too fast. I felt horrible. Worse was our luggage was put out and already gone, all we had was our clothes for the next day.
I scooped him up and headed for the stateroom. The server followed me wanting to make it right, asking to sent my meal there but I was already racing out. What happened after I left, I know because our friends took lots of pictures. Men in suits and helmets came to the table; SPACE MEN they looked like - biohazard suits came to the table to clean up the mess and replace the linens, the dishes and all the silverware. Then they reset the table and all the food. Apparently no one from the other tables even flinched.
DS and I cleaned up, we went straight to the store and bought the toy, and then headed back to the dining room - I could barely look at anyone. But the servers were so happy to see us, they welcomed ds and quickly brought food out and acted like nothing happened.
The kids still talk about the "Space Man" at dinner.....
And I never use bribes for eating anymore - learned my lesson

This made me laugh so hard...the spaceman part..hilarious. I too have seen the spacemen. On our first cruise with our daughter, she was two years old and she got sick on the last night in the middle of the night... Guess the boat was rocking too much for her...she threw up all over the sheets...since it was so late and the last night I put the soiled sheets in a ball in the corner on the floor in the room, and cleaned her up and we went to bed.

...the next morning we were ready to disembark and were one of the last ones on the ship and we were downstairs and I forgot my key card-which we need to get off the ship-I ran back up to the room and there was a spaceman cleaning the room and space people steam cleaning the halls on the same floor. The space man in our room in particular had a big red bio hazard bag. Guess he found the soiled sheets. My bad, spaceman...my bad.

DCL Trips:
September 11th, 2011
"Dream" * March 4th, 2010"Wonder" * February 11th, 2006 "Magic" * February 17th, 2005 "Wonder"
Disney World Trips:
Too many to count
ladyj0212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:52 PM   #103
ALMinVA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyj0212 View Post

This made me laugh so hard...the spaceman part..hilarious. I too have seen the spacemen. On our first cruise with our daughter, she was two years old and she got sick on the last night in the middle of the night... Guess the boat was rocking too much for her...she threw up all over the sheets...since it was so late and the last night I put the soiled sheets in a ball in the corner on the floor in the room, and cleaned her up and we went to bed.

...the next morning we were ready to disembark and were one of the last ones on the ship and we were downstairs and I forgot my key card-which we need to get off the ship-I ran back up to the room and there was a spaceman cleaning the room and space people steam cleaning the halls on the same floor. The space man in our room in particular had a big red bio hazard bag. Guess he found the soiled sheets. My bad, spaceman...my bad.
Oh thank goodness I am not the only one who encountered the astronauts
In our case; the very crowded animators palette dining room was blessed with the presence of the space men and my poor dh, dd and our good friends (who by the way still remain our friends) had to sit through the space men cleaning up the table while I was back at the stateroom. My cheeks still turn bright red thinking about the incident and confessing to it.
So let me just apologize to all at late dining on the last night of the Eastern Caribbean Cruise on the Magic the last week of January 2011, I assure you, you were not on the Millennium Falcon, you were indeed on the Magic

[/url]
ALMinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:06 PM   #104
ladyj0212
"Dream"ing of Disney Cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA View Post
I assure you, you were not on the Millennium Falcon, you were indeed on the Magic
Nice.

DCL Trips:
September 11th, 2011
"Dream" * March 4th, 2010"Wonder" * February 11th, 2006 "Magic" * February 17th, 2005 "Wonder"
Disney World Trips:
Too many to count
ladyj0212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:55 PM   #105
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jczosack View Post
My cousin and I cruised on the Magic in November out of Galveston and left our husbands at home....best cruise ever.... (confession - I didn't feel guilty about it at all).

Drink Tip - When my husband and I cruised out of NYC last June, we purchased DCL NYC insulated drink cups. I took the cups with us for our girls only cruise. We took the cups to the pool every day and asked our server to have them filled up with our favorite drink, a frozen electric blue lemonade. They would fill them to the top (about a drink and a half) and only charge us for the price of one, it was a great week by the pool and we had the same server every day, by the 2nd day he didn't even have to ask, he would just watch for our cups to empty and then grab them and get them filled up again.....it was a great girls only cruise drinking our way through the Western Caribbean.

My daughter was working on her 2nd contract as Anne Marie so we were lucky enough to get a great price for both cruises. She's on her 3rd contract right now, cruising the Med. with the Magic.
Aw, I was in heaven reading all about your girls only cruise. I would love that so much!

Then it got better that your Anne Marie's mommy!
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: