Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2013, 05:33 PM   #1366
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Wow loved Clair's outfit and like fact you only had to wait 20 min
Old 06-04-2013, 08:07 PM   #1367
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm trying to catch up on a few TR's before I leave for Florida day after tomorrow (I was gone all weekend for bridal shower/bachelorette party and sick since I got home and trying to go to bed early...can't be sick for Disney or the wedding next week).

I love Claire's dress.

What a mob scene at the entrance. That picture shows me why I ALWAYS make Mark do EMH's with me in the a.m.

Glad you got to do Toy Story Mania without too much of a wait.
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #1368
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
Wow loved Clair's outfit and like fact you only had to wait 20 min
I loved the short wait too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm trying to catch up on a few TR's before I leave for Florida day after tomorrow (I was gone all weekend for bridal shower/bachelorette party and sick since I got home and trying to go to bed early...can't be sick for Disney or the wedding next week).

I love Claire's dress.

What a mob scene at the entrance. That picture shows me why I ALWAYS make Mark do EMH's with me in the a.m.

Glad you got to do Toy Story Mania without too much of a wait.
You need to get yourself better fast!!! Get some rest.

That outfit was another one my wonderful friend Janet loaned us. Isn't she the best?
It was crazy outside the gates, but once in it wasn't too bad. I think we beat the TSM crowds and then after we got out most were probably there or at RRC or ToT.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:32 PM   #1369
MEK
DIS Veteran

Claire has on another adorable dress. Love it!

Score on back to back TSM sounds like a great way to start the day. Glad you got in right before EMH ended!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:14 PM   #1370
francis6306
DIS Veteran

You can't reuse a towel? Wow. Okay, well, I'll be prepared if you ever come and stay with me

Yay for getting on TSM early! I'm not sure that it's worth the wait, but there are so few rides at HS They need a few more rides over there. I'm hoping that Cortlyn is into ToT and RnR on our next trip!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:18 PM   #1371
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Phew! That was a close call with the sickness!
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:56 AM   #1372
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Claire has on another adorable dress. Love it!

Score on back to back TSM sounds like a great way to start the day. Glad you got in right before EMH ended!
Yes, it was nice to make it in right before the crowds. I told Claire we were walking fast and don't let herself get left behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
You can't reuse a towel? Wow. Okay, well, I'll be prepared if you ever come and stay with me

Yay for getting on TSM early! I'm not sure that it's worth the wait, but there are so few rides at HS They need a few more rides over there. I'm hoping that Cortlyn is into ToT and RnR on our next trip!
It's mostly washclothes that I can't reuse. I just can't reuse them at all. It sends chills down me.

I don't think it's worth a long wait at all, but lets just say we do end up waiting later in the trip much longer than I want to at Claire's insistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Phew! That was a close call with the sickness!
I will admit I never felt 100% after that, but i did keep it at bay so I could keep moving.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #1373
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I'm with you on reusing the wash clothes. I shudder at just the thought of it. I can sometimes reuse a towel but I usually don't.

Good thing you were able to beat the illness to the punch and knocked it out before you started feeling too pukey and yucky.

I'm sure that Claire was one happy little girl that she got to ride Toy Story Mania with such a short wait. Sounds like you'll be working it into your trips from now on.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:24 PM   #1374
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I'm with you on reusing the wash clothes. I shudder at just the thought of it. I can sometimes reuse a towel but I usually don't.

Good thing you were able to beat the illness to the punch and knocked it out before you started feeling too pukey and yucky.

I'm sure that Claire was one happy little girl that she got to ride Toy Story Mania with such a short wait. Sounds like you'll be working it into your trips from now on.
I'm glad I am not the only one who has that issue. LOL

I will say I was never 100% after that point, but most of the days I was preety much fine. The evenings is when I felt blah again. I'm sure part of the issue was lack of sleep as well.

Yes, she is obssessed with TSM so I think we will have to work hard at getting ther early or a fast pass in the future.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:47 AM   #1375
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We finally made our way over to Star Tours.

I spotted a photopass photographer and basically made Claire pose. She was against it totally for some reason, but we had never gotten these shots before and I really wanted them. I think they turned out great too.

See that sort of nasty look on her face. She was glaring at me.

My shots.

She told me she was pointing her light saber at me on purpose. Isnt she just a bundle of joy?

We then got in line for the ride.

It was another fun ride and this time our adventure was much different than the day before.

Another pose.

We then started to head towards the front, but made a stop. I am thinking that we mustve gotten a small snack or something because we sat there for a little while. I know I did some texting as well.

Another one of my co-workers was also at Disney. Jeanne and I are pretty close as co-workers, but we have not met in person yet. We message each other all the time and talk on the phone.

We texted back and forth a bit. I think she was heading toward DTD this morning, but most likely would be at MK later in the day. Sadly we never did meet up because her phone battery died and she couldnt get ahold of me to meet up.

On our way again.

This time a boat was waiting and we got right on.

We had a nice relaxing ride back.

Old 06-06-2013, 09:49 AM   #1376
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

On the way back we discussed our options. We could go swimming, and then Claire would need a shower and head to MK. Just shower and head to Beaches and Cream for an ice-cream lunch then head to MK, or a variance of those ideas. I think we settled on a quick swim, shower, lunch and then MK, but time ticked away and we changed our minds again.

As we headed back I told Claire that Kadences family was having breakfast at Cape May today and that maybe as we walked by we would see them in there. We did look, but did not see them, but as we rounded the corner to head back to our room we saw them sitting out in the lobby. They were still waiting to be called in. We stopped and chatted for a little bit and of course Claire and Kadence had to make up for lost time and chattered away.

We said goodbye and Claire went and had a shower. She was getting her hair done later today so we had to be sure she had a nice clean head.

We decided to skip the swimming as the time was just going so fast and she was anxious to spend some time with Alexis at MK, so we headed down to Beaches and Cream and were seated right away.

There was really no need to look at the menu, we already knew what lunch was going to be.

A no Way Jose with Vanilla ice-cream. Yep, we went with a healthy option! This is one of my favorite foods in the entire world.

We also brought along a refillable mug since you can refill them at B&C and got pink lemonade. Our waitress just brought it out in a glass for us and we ended dumping the rest in our mug before we left.

Lets just say we had one of the best lunches ever. It was so good, but even with the 2 of us sharing we couldnt quite clean the bowl. In 2011 I ate the whole thing by myself, I have no clue how I didnt explode then.

After lunch we collected our things and set off for the bus stop.

I took this picture because I wanted proof. So many people who use wheelchairs and scooters bring on large amounts of family when they board. I dont mind waiting for them to board, well sometimes I am impatient, but I understand the need for them, but what drives me batty is when a family group of 20 all feel they can board with Grandma.

Of course we had to wait a bit for a bus. I think like 4 Animal Kingdom buses came before the Magic Kingdom bus came. Bad bus mojo again.

So what was the rest of the family doing while Claire and I had spent alone time touring DHS and lunching on ice-cream? &&&

Well Alexis had been promised a swim and she was making good on that promise.

Is that a jungle creature creeping up? Nope, its Aunt Mary!

I am not sure what is in Geoffs hair, but Alexis probably put it there OR Geoff put it in to be funny.

You must always do as many handstands as possible while in the pool.

They headed back to their room and Geoff took a few pictures from their room at the JW Marriot.

That pool looks impressive.

Last edited by jenseib; 06-07-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #1377
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Look what can be seen when you zoom in. Pretty cool.

Another zoom in shot.

I am assuming at some point in time Gail and the girls left and picked up Rob from AoA and then headed over the Magic Kingdom. Geoff and Mary made their way as well. I am assuming they picked up Pete and Vicki, but I don’t think I even saw them at all that day. It was a very busy day all around for all of us.

Rob was feeling better today, but not 100%. He said he was NOT going to miss Abby seeing the castle and all the wonders of the magic Kingdom for the first time though, so he was coming no matter how he felt.

Old 06-06-2013, 01:27 PM   #1378
flamestarrdust
DIS Veteran

Loving your TR! Group family trips can be so much fun. I didn't know that you could use your refillable mug at B&C. Is it because you were staying at the Beach Club?

AUGUST 2010 TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post38036065
AUGUST 2010 PTR!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36865082
JULY 4th 2006 Cali Grill Event! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1157941[/SIZE][[/SIZE][/SIZE]
flamestarrdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #1379
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Ah, Jen, you did it again! I just LOVE all your pics!

I cannot believe the two of you nearly finished a No Way Jose! We tried a long time ago, but it definitely defeated us!

Again, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your trip report!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #1380
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

I think it is hilarious that you had the no Way Jose for lunch. What a memory for you and your girl! You are definitely a fun mom Jen!

Just me and my girla very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: