Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2013, 10:44 AM   #1
Gru
Mouseketeer

Akershus Breakfast

Any opinions on Akershus for breakfast? We plan going at the latest reservation time for breakfast - to hopefully fill us up till dinner. Is it a buffet? Do they continually replenish the breakfast items (my kids are huge breakfast eaters)? I thought the meal is a set price, but according to the Disney website, coffee costs $6.99! Are drinks not included?
Gru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:58 AM   #2
jjl181
Mouseketeer

They have a cold buffet with fruit, seafood, yogurts, etc. plus some pastries. A platter of hot foods (Bacon, potato casserole, etc.) is brought to the table family style. The meal is all you can eat.
I know juice is included, not sure about coffee.
When we went, the meal was decent, not spectacular, the worst part was the service. We left filled up and were set until dinner (the kids had a midday snack) with an 8am reservation.

2006, 2009 - All Star Sports
2009 - Pop Century
2010, 2011, 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside
2013 - BCV/VWL/BLT
2014 - PPH - 1st trip to DLR!
2014 - AKL/BWV/VGF
2015 - BWV/AKL
jjl181 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #3
Crystal824
DIS Veteran

We were there in May. Coffee is included as is juice and any other drinks you order. DD had milk. It is a buffet/family style meal. As the PP stated, there is a buffet with fruit, yogurt, cheeses, bagels, muffins, pastries. Then they bring eggs, meat, potatoes to your table. I thought the breakfast was really good, but we had great service, which does make a difference. I found it less chaotic than CRT. DD saw the princesses and we had a good meal. Yes, they continually replenish the buffet.

We had breakfast at 8:20. We were good until around 2 when DH and I split a CS meal. DD was asleep and got a snack when she woke up around 4. I think we ended up eating dinner 6 or 7 that evening.
Crystal824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:52 PM   #4
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Akershus Breakfast

We love doing Akershus Princess breakfast. It is very filling and we do not need lunch only snacks until suppertime. Here's my review from Disney site:

https://reviews.disneyworld.disney.g...ontent=Default

LisaTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:19 PM   #5
DEA
DIS Veteran

This is our traditional first-full-day breakfast when we go to WDW. We tend to make an early reservation to get into Epcot before rope drop, and it puts me in a good position to get over to Soarin' to grab FastPasses when the park opens.

I like the food a great deal. There is plenty of great stuff on the cold buffet, including salmon (for me), and fruit (for the kids). They do a great job keeping the buffet fully stocked. The stuff served at the table, including some great cheesy potatoes, is also good, although I generally get more stuff from the cold buffet.

The princess interaction is better than I've seen at other princess meals, and the service has been very good. It might help that we're there early, before things get too busy.

DIS Dads Member #432
DEA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: