Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2013, 10:50 PM   #16
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriejl2 View Post
All the KK in Buffalo went out of business too which is kind of surprising given the fact when each location opened there was a line of cars stretching around the building constantly but guess the fad wore off we have Tim Hortons around here and they are very popular not so much for doughnuts as coffee though. I used to enjoy a fresh HOT KK when they were open though. I see boxes of them at grocery stores and can easily pass them up its just not the same if not fresh!
The same thing happened to them in Canada they just weren't able to compete with Tim Hortons. I just found them too sweet anyway and would take a donut from Tims over them any day.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:23 AM   #17
wcw57
DIS Veteran

we had KK here in Suffolk County for a VERY short while. I cannot compare them to KK in the rest of the country BUT (and I do love me some sweet-to-eat stuff!!!) they closed rapidly and for good reasons.

I LOVE the shops and watching the machines. but they were overly sweet, overly coated soggy bags of crap......sort of the kind of donut I would make if I were 12 years old......put 'em in your mouth, enjoy the coating, enjoy more coating, and feel the dough congeal into a little crud-ball in your mouth. Much like the lousy 7-11 donuts.

The donuts on the ship were as disappointing to me.

and if you can get me to complain about dessert products, you've REALLY gone out of your way to louse it up!!!
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2013, 08:27 AM   #18
wcw57
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvguy View Post
Actually, we were kind of surprised they didn't make their own donuts on board. Other cruise lines do that.

Never understood the Krispy Kreme draw. All 4 Krispy Kremes in our area when belly up, although 1 new one has opened this year. We just have too many individually owned donut shops here that offer very good if not better donuts for $2-3 a dozen less. Dunkin Donuts flopped here too.
You know, I was just re-reading the posts and MOST of the KK rave reviews are from areas of the country that like sweet tea, too!
You know, the recipe starts like this: take 5 pounds of sugar and some karo syrup. And just enough water to liquify...oh, and a tea bag.... JUST A NEW YAWK THING THERE! Don't take offense, please. Cultural differences abound in this wonderful country. Some are healthier than others
Old 06-03-2013, 08:38 AM   #19
the_bUg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriejl2 View Post
All the KK in Buffalo went out of business too which is kind of surprising given the fact when each location opened there was a line of cars stretching around the building constantly but guess the fad wore off we have Tim Hortons around here and they are very popular not so much for doughnuts as coffee though. I used to enjoy a fresh HOT KK when they were open though. I see boxes of them at grocery stores and can easily pass them up its just not the same if not fresh!
... The worst thing is, Tim Horton's Coffee is not even good... I'm not a coffee snob, but Tim Horton's is like the McDonald's of Coffee. I'd much rather a cup of coffee from, Oh I don't know, just about ANYWHERE, that offers a light, medium and dark roast coffee selection.

Love the doughnuts though. I grew up on those things. My father lived half a block away from a Tim's when I was young.
the_bUg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:22 PM   #20
disneydreamer82
DIS Veteran

Love those cold Krispy Kreme donuts on a fork!!!

:
disneydreamer82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: