Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2013, 09:05 AM   #151
palmtreegirl
DIS Veteran

Sorry I'm already boycotting, boycotting.

Can't wait for it to open.
palmtreegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:35 AM   #152
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

I'm also sorry, no boycott for me. Their Caramel Ribbon Crunch frappuccino is too amazing to give up!!
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #153
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Remember when wine and beer at BOG was going to be the ruination of everything Walt held holy? Still waiting.....

Jill in CO (drinking a tasty Trente Iced green tea and looking forward to many more in October!)
Old 06-04-2013, 03:19 PM   #154
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Remember when wine and beer at BOG was going to be the ruination of everything Walt held holy? Still waiting.....

Jill in CO (drinking a tasty Trente Iced green tea and looking forward to many more in October!)
As long as DD19 favorite double chocolate chip muffin and DH favorite cinnamon bun are still available and not only Starbucks pastries, we will be fine! DD19 is thrilled she will be able to get her iced venti nonfat chai latte, but DH was hoping Dunkin Donuts coffee would set up shop, too! Lol

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
SingingMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:37 PM   #155
HockeyMomNH
DIS Veteran

I'm not sure if this link will work, but it is from a website called Imagineering Disney, Then and Now and it has great comparison pictures of Disneyland when it opened verses today. The link specifically shows a picture from Main Street USA at Disneyland with a coffee shop with a large Maxwell House sign at the front.

http://www.imagineeringdisney.com/di...=1320977913507

I'm pretty sure that Walt would be fine with Starbucks.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:04 PM   #156
tinkerbella16
DIS Veteran

I don't understand what people aren't getting! It is still the Main Street Bakery and will still remain the same with the same foods and such.. they are JUST offering Starbucks as their coffee! Doesn't bother me one bit since the only drink I like from Starbucks is their Vanilla Latte, I never ordered coffee at MSB anyway. What is the big deal with that? Too many people are thinking it is being completely transformed into a Starbucks and I can't help but laugh at that!

tinkerbella16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #157
Conservative Hippie
You seem somewhat familiar. Have I threatened you before?
My DH is a nuclear physicist...can you say weirdo???

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbella16 View Post
I don't understand what people aren't getting! It is still the Main Street Bakery and will still remain the same with the same foods and such.. they are JUST offering Starbucks as their coffee! Doesn't bother me one bit since the only drink I like from Starbucks is their Vanilla Latte, I never ordered coffee at MSB anyway. What is the big deal with that? Too many people are thinking it is being completely transformed into a Starbucks and I can't help but laugh at that!
I went to MK over t weekend and took a bunch of pictures of the facade. It still looks like MSB on the outside. That place had an awful queue, wasted space in the middle, and awkward check-out area, and limited seating. I love the cinnamon rolls too but I am really looking forward to real coffee and hoping they have improved the space.
Me ~*~DH ~*~DD (6) ~*~DS (3) ~*~#3 (due 3/8/14)
4 WDW vacations from 2003-2006~*~450 days spent at WDW since 2007~*~2 DCL Cruises since 2011

Conservative Hippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:55 PM   #158
tinkerbella16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conservative Hippie View Post
I went to MK over t weekend and took a bunch of pictures of the facade. It still looks like MSB on the outside. That place had an awful queue, wasted space in the middle, and awkward check-out area, and limited seating. I love the cinnamon rolls too but I am really looking forward to real coffee and hoping they have improved the space.
I cannot agree more about the awful queue! Almost every time I've gone there, the line would be out the door so hopefully they are changing that whole area. I am sure they are... MSB is just too popular now not to.

Hopefully there will be a bit more seating too... it is not enjoyable to eat your food with "hawks" standing over and across from you staring, waiting for you to finish and get up so that they can have your table lol.

tinkerbella16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:03 PM   #159
MOpGrad2013
DIS Veteran

Um...

I don't usually get snarky...but, really? Did you boycott DTD when there was a McDonald's there? Did you boycott the brochures or picture spots when Kodak was sponsoring? Are you boycotting Test Track..it has a sponsor too.
Or how about Werther's or all the other food locales...Oh, let me guess, it's ok to have International companies in Epcot.

I don't drink coffee. But in the end, I don't care that Starbucks is there. If it makes other people happy (and believe me, DH and the kids NEED coffee), then let them have it.

I think Walt Disney would be happy. Heck, I bet he would've been first in line and wanting the biggest and best one. Maybe this whole endevour wouldn't have waited until 2013!!

2010 Coronado Springs2014 Windsor Hills2015 TBA
MOpGrad2013 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: