Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2013, 01:00 PM   #76
Fantasiesabound
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismic View Post
Thread Hijack!

Body Butter Fans; if you have an Ulta nearby, run! I just visited ours a few days ago and they had an entire shelf of H20 Hydrating Body Butter on clearance for $10! I've never seen it there before but the sales girl told me they were dropping it due to licensing. I'm 99% sure its the exact same thing in a non-Disney bottle.
...running now!!!!

Link to some of my scrapbooking pics from our 2006 Cruise:http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=326
07/13/12 - 07/15/12 2SN NYC Disney Magic cabin 2012 ~ ~ 04/17/11 - 04/21/11 4S Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Dream cabin 5650 ~~ 04/18/09 - 04/25/09 7-Night Caribbean Cruise Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Magic cabin 7586 ~~ 04/29/06 - 05/06/06 7-Night Caribbean Cruise Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Magic cabin 6608
Fantasiesabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:01 PM   #77
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgarv View Post

ETA: I've also worn capri-length pants to Palo. *hanging head in shame*
Haha I must not have known this was a no-no! I wore slack-type capris with a blouse to palo, and didn't feel out of place. Although it was brunch....does that matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post
I brought an iron and it caught on fire and I just threw it overboard.
I literally spit my coffee when I read this, before even seeing that it was a joke!

Me DH DS 5

Momma2Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #78
Grooovertoo
DIS Dad #572

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgarv View Post
One time as we were leaving the ship, I passed a stateroom that was open, and saw the red "Dream" pillow under the bed.......so I took it.
That's too funny
DisDAD Member #572 Dave Darla & Dana (9)
Grooovertoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #79
jlemieu1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismic View Post
Thread Hijack!

Body Butter Fans; if you have an Ulta nearby, run! I just visited ours a few days ago and they had an entire shelf of H20 Hydrating Body Butter on clearance for $10! I've never seen it there before but the sales girl told me they were dropping it due to licensing. I'm 99% sure its the exact same thing in a non-Disney bottle.
Not the same ... it is missing the pixie dust ... Disney secret ...shhhh!
.... many other .....
10/01 - RCL - VoS 3nts. - honeymoon
09/00 - MK - Proposal
jlemieu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #80
ThePicketts
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgarv
One time as we were leaving the ship, I passed a stateroom that was open, and saw the red "Dream" pillow under the bed.......so I took it.

Just Kidding......
I knew it! :-P
ThePicketts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #81
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Jax View Post
Haha I must not have known this was a no-no! I wore slack-type capris with a blouse to palo, and didn't feel out of place. Although it was brunch....does that matter?

I literally spit my coffee when I read this, before even seeing that it was a joke!
The Palo dress code does specify "no capris", however many people read the dress code as what's required for dinner. And the dress for brunch is a bit less formal, for the most part.

That said, capris may or may not be allowed, depending on the maitre'de working the door. I've seen them admitted, and I've seen them turned away.

If you bring capris for brunch at Palo, be sure you have a backup, if you need it.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:15 PM   #82
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
The Palo dress code does specify "no capris", however many people read the dress code as what's required for dinner. And the dress for brunch is a bit less formal, for the most part.

That said, capris may or may not be allowed, depending on the maitre'de working the door. I've seen them admitted, and I've seen them turned away.

If you bring capris for brunch at Palo, be sure you have a backup, if you need it.
I was on the Dream last month, and actually called Palo right before our dinner, I asked if capris are acceptable...her response was, yes, just not jean capris. So there you have it!

Jillpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:26 PM   #83
beach baby
Mouseketeer

Ok...I admit it......I took some sand from Castaway Cay for a souvenir.
..wait, there's more...
I gave small bottles as my FE gift and encouraged 40 other people to do the same thing.
beach baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #84
ALMinVA
Mouseketeer

I'm not sure I want to confess my "Bad PArent of the Year" incident....but here goes.
After losing my dear mother in law to brain cancer at 63, and 10 months later dear father in law to a heart attack at age 67 - my family decided we needed a lot of Magic. So we took a much needed vacation and spent a week at WDW followed by a week on the Magic EC in Jan 2011 trip. The week on the cruise we spent with good friends of dh's from the military who had a ds a year older than my dd and they had a dd a year older then my ds.
In AP on the last night (we had late seating), I encouraged my ds 3 1/2 to eat all his pasta and I would buy him the big toy he wanted from the store. He is not a good eater and every night the servers would bring our friends daughter 2 meals and she would eat like a pro while ds would not eat hardly anything. So on the last night, I encouraged him - eat all your pasta and you will have the big toy! I can't recall now what the toy was...so ds was so excited. He ate every piece of macaroni. The server commented how proud he was, we all laughed and cheered him on.....UNTIL.....ds started to vomit. Projectile vomit..
all the macaroni all over. EVERYWHERE. on his clothes, on me, on his plate, on the table cloth...I was mortified. The adults hadn't even been served meals yet. Our friends thought it was so funny. DS was fine, he just ate too fast. I felt horrible. Worse was our luggage was put out and already gone, all we had was our clothes for the next day.
I scooped him up and headed for the stateroom. The server followed me wanting to make it right, asking to sent my meal there but I was already racing out. What happened after I left, I know because our friends took lots of pictures. Men in suits and helmets came to the table; SPACE MEN they looked like - biohazard suits came to the table to clean up the mess and replace the linens, the dishes and all the silverware. Then they reset the table and all the food. Apparently no one from the other tables even flinched.
DS and I cleaned up, we went straight to the store and bought the toy, and then headed back to the dining room - I could barely look at anyone. But the servers were so happy to see us, they welcomed ds and quickly brought food out and acted like nothing happened.
The kids still talk about the "Space Man" at dinner.....
And I never use bribes for eating anymore - learned my lesson

[/url]
ALMinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:21 PM   #85
gumbypee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA View Post
I'm not sure I want to confess my "Bad PArent of the Year" incident....but here goes.
After losing my dear mother in law to brain cancer at 63, and 10 months later dear father in law to a heart attack at age 67 - my family decided we needed a lot of Magic. So we took a much needed vacation and spent a week at WDW followed by a week on the Magic EC in Jan 2011 trip. The week on the cruise we spent with good friends of dh's from the military who had a ds a year older than my dd and they had a dd a year older then my ds.
In AP on the last night (we had late seating), I encouraged my ds 3 1/2 to eat all his pasta and I would buy him the big toy he wanted from the store. He is not a good eater and every night the servers would bring our friends daughter 2 meals and she would eat like a pro while ds would not eat hardly anything. So on the last night, I encouraged him - eat all your pasta and you will have the big toy! I can't recall now what the toy was...so ds was so excited. He ate every piece of macaroni. The server commented how proud he was, we all laughed and cheered him on.....UNTIL.....ds started to vomit. Projectile vomit..
all the macaroni all over. EVERYWHERE. on his clothes, on me, on his plate, on the table cloth...I was mortified. The adults hadn't even been served meals yet. Our friends thought it was so funny. DS was fine, he just ate too fast. I felt horrible. Worse was our luggage was put out and already gone, all we had was our clothes for the next day.
I scooped him up and headed for the stateroom. The server followed me wanting to make it right, asking to sent my meal there but I was already racing out. What happened after I left, I know because our friends took lots of pictures. Men in suits and helmets came to the table; SPACE MEN they looked like - biohazard suits came to the table to clean up the mess and replace the linens, the dishes and all the silverware. Then they reset the table and all the food. Apparently no one from the other tables even flinched.
DS and I cleaned up, we went straight to the store and bought the toy, and then headed back to the dining room - I could barely look at anyone. But the servers were so happy to see us, they welcomed ds and quickly brought food out and acted like nothing happened.
The kids still talk about the "Space Man" at dinner.....
And I never use bribes for eating anymore - learned my lesson
I'm sorry but I'm dying here-lmao!!!!!!!
gumbypee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:27 PM   #86
noahdove
DIS Veteran

I have to confess, I brought shells back from CC...I put them in my DGD and DGS's scrapbook that I made for them for a Christmas gift Oops, I do hope there are more shells....
Old 06-04-2013, 04:30 PM   #87
GoofyTwinDad
Mouseketeer

Hope people don't find it unacceptable to walk around with my super big-gulp mug and empty unfinished drinks lying around to save money from buying alcoholic drinks.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #88
ty_n_cy
Early Summer Dreaming...

This is one of my favorite threads. Ever.

My confession:

On our recent Dream 4 night cruise, I spent the majority of the day at the Conched Out Bar making friends with the bartenders. When someone would come up and order a drink during the 2 for 1 time period... many times, they wouldn't want the additional drink.

I left the bar slightly... okay, VERY tipsy. Luckily, by the time I reached the ship, it had worn off. Until I went to Meridian that night where my wife and I watched Castaway Cay float away while Alex poured us martini after martini.

So... I guess what I'm confessing to is not remembering dinner at all that night.

CY

ty_n_cy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:29 PM   #89
jjje
One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to dinner.

I wore crocs to dinner on formal night and my dress wasn't long enough to hide them.

Mom Dad and two perfectly imperfect kids Son (13) and Daughter (8)

1982-89 too many trips to Disneyland to count, 1991 Disneyland Paris, 1994 Disney World @ Beach Club, 1999 Honeymoon in Disney World @ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2001 Disney World @ All Star Music, 2004 Disney World during Hurricane Jeanne @ All Star Sports, 2005 Disney World off property, 2006 Disney World with a newborn @ All Star Movies, 2008 Disney World to celebrate surrogacy #1 @ Port Orleans French Quarter, 2010 Disneyland to celebrate surrogacy #2, 2012 Disney World @ Port Orleans Riverside to celebrate surrogacy #3, 2013 Bahamas on the Magic, 2013 Caribbean on the Wonder, 2014 Panama Canal on the Wonder
jjje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:25 PM   #90
disneyfan888
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Renae View Post
I got super dressed up for formal night. After dinner, I had to kick off my fancy shoes because my feet were beyond swollen, and I wore my old croc flip flops under my formal for the rest of the night.

Can't tell I'm in flip flops here, but I am standing on my tip toes so the front of my dress wasn't on the ground...
Your dress us stunning!! Where did you get it?? I always have an issue as to where to go to get a dress for formal night. Was looking for something different and this dress is amazing. Do they sell more like this? Very nice!

[

disneyfan888 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: