Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2013, 08:22 PM   #46
Shelley Chiarats
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats12 View Post
I take a lot of the usual stuff, but since you asked about unusual...I also take a mini-pillow. I know the DCL pillows are popular with some, but I absolutely can't sleep on them. For the record, I don't take it on other vacations, I'm not always obsessive about my pillow.
I will bite on this one. I also take one of the mini pillows with me but I take it on any and all vacations. I won't say I can't sleep without one but I so prefer to have the mini pillow to tuck under my chin.
Shelley Chiarats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:37 PM   #47
ChipnDalePals
Earning My Ears

Serial Overpacker!

We have been on 10 DCL and have paired our packing down quite a bit. I do like having my own beach towels and towel clips. Helps me locate our chairs! I always bring an umbrella. I definitely bring Tervis tumblers with lids. Be sure to bring cups to CC. They do not have lids for drink cups on CC. Don't forget attire for Pirate Night. Most people really go all out. I also bring a small medicine bag with essentials. Have never brought any organizers. Shoes can be lined up under the bed. Power cord is a great idea.
ChipnDalePals is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2013, 10:01 AM   #48
Fantasiesabound
Mouseketeer

Tide stick.

I am total slob down my front all the time, add cruise to the mix and I am a mess on a regular basis. I keep it in my front pocket of my travel purse that comes to the dinners with me.

I find it works way better than the wipes which make my slobbiness a little tooo obvious.

...speaking of which....

Small sling purse

or some other unobtrusive bag to carry with you to dinner that will hold camera, stuff, navigator, stuff, iThingie, stuff, WAVE PHONE, and random stuff. You will accumulate it, you will want it with you irrationally, so plan for it.

Lots and lots of bathing suit cover ups and slip over dresses that are no fuss no muss.

Your waist line will bulge, will do things that no spanx can handle...plan for it, and be comfortable.

Link to some of my scrapbooking pics from our 2006 Cruise:http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=326
07/13/12 - 07/15/12 2SN NYC Disney Magic cabin 2012 ~ ~ 04/17/11 - 04/21/11 4S Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Dream cabin 5650 ~~ 04/18/09 - 04/25/09 7-Night Caribbean Cruise Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Magic cabin 7586 ~~ 04/29/06 - 05/06/06 7-Night Caribbean Cruise Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Magic cabin 6608
Fantasiesabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #49
jenf22
DIS Veteran

The things we wished we had from our first cruise and loved having on our second:

- Liquid soap with a pump dispenser. A 5-year old can make a huge mess with a bar of soap when washing hands.
- Good tissues. The box got kind of crushed in the suitcase, but we all appreciated nice tissues in Alaska when we came in from the cold.
- Cold medicine. Best guarantee to not get sick is to bring all that stuff from home!
- Our own cups for the drink station. We used the ones we got from the dining plan at Disney.
jenf22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:04 PM   #50
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

I second the sling bag or small tote for carrying things!

We also brought sippy cups for DS, and some liquid dish soap to wash them and our travel cups at night for the next day!

Me DH DS 5

Momma2Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #51
disneygirls13
Earning My Ears

Do pack: Medicine. Whether it be cough drops and Motrin or Advil. I was sick on my vacation last August, and had to of spent seventy five dollars on just cough drops and pain reliever. And weeks before your cruise, remember to keep the family away from sickness, and take lots of vitamins. Nothing is worse than being sick on your vacation!

Also, remember sneakers! Nobody in my family remembered them and we wanted to jog the track around the ship, but all we have were flip flops!
disneygirls13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: