Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2013, 01:23 PM   #16
Zandy595
DIS Veteran
The other day I found a big honkin' frog in my toilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
Online at fandango - note that it's only good on theaters that participate with them for online ticket ordering. AMC is there for example.

https://www.fandango.com/visasignature

They ask for the full 16 digit account number - this is to verify it's a valid visa signature. These promos had been around for a few years. They used to work on the regular Disney rewards visa a couple of years ago but then all of a sudden they stopped working. (The regular card had some visa signature benefits but not all of them). Now that the premier card is officially a visa signature, it works again.

The BOGO only works on Fridays, and you can do this only once per month.

The Fandango bucks option, I'm not sure how many times you can do it. You can then use them to pay for movie tickets.

These options are both good on new releases as well.
Thanks! I'm definitely going to look into that.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic 2004, 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014 DCL Fantasy 2015
Zandy595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:26 PM   #17
Zandy595
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids View Post
We opened ours first (not premier, he didn't want to do annual fee, but he may change his mind, is it easy to upgrade?) in order to be able to join our parents for their anniversary DCL this year (which came 1 month after our 7 Day CCL and 3 days of Disney unexpectedly) so being able to use the 6 months interest free was literally the only chance we had of getting on that ship with them.

When we booked the cruise that way, we got the $50 on board credit, and when we got home, we had another $50 gift card waiting for us for spending a certain amount (Twinkie went to the spa and had a 'ball', and when everything went on shipboard account -on this card- she wrote me out a check, and wala! even more points!) and though we have only had it two months, we have accrued $66 Disney dollars so far. So that means that in addition to being able to take the cruise at all in the first place due to the financing, we have gotten $166 disney dollars value from it in our first 2 months. This is with the 1% card, not 2% premier card (though the 'math' i calculate every time I pay a power bill or buy a batter for my car etc would be a lot more fun if it was 2%...)

Given that we are enjoying using the Visa (and that seeing Nemo and Squirt perk us up every time knowing that it is stuff we have to buy and knowing that it gets us even closer to our next trip, tickets, or cruise), my honey decided that we will phase out all use of our Venture card (which has never gotten us ONE ticket! not a one!) and so we are concentrating on paying that guy off and then will refocus our efforts into the new Disney card, in which the more we get caught up, the more dollars we will get applied because it is now our primary use card.

My only sadness is that sam's won't take it! Everytime i go there, I spend $100. I have use MC for that. <---sticking tongue out meanly at Sams club.

I get excited every month when I go to check my rewards!
I don't know about everyone else, but I only get 2% back on grocery stores, restaurants and gas stations. Everything else is just 1%, but still worth it in my opinion.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic 2004, 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014 DCL Fantasy 2015
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #18
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandy595 View Post
I don't know about everyone else, but I only get 2% back on grocery stores, restaurants and gas station.
It sounds like you may be right about that. The rest of the time, it is the same 1%?
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #19
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
...grumbles that some of us have no targets... no point in getting target card....
Yeah - the target card is simply a debit card linked to your savings/checking. I'd rather do 2% plus 6 months...

Hopefully target will do the coupon think this xmas like the last two years. Then Disney Gift cards at 20% off here I come again...
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #20
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It sounds like you may be right about that. The rest of the time, it is the same 1%?
2% on Dinsey too. That is 2% on the whole cruise back!

I was told last Dec that Target purchases were considered groceries. I charged about $700 in gift cards (at 20% off with their 10 off 50 coupon) and supposedly that came back at 2%. But no real way to tell unfortunately.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:34 PM   #21
Zandy595
DIS Veteran

Quote:
2% on Dinsey too. That is 2% on the whole cruise back!
LOL, how do I not know these things? You are a wealth of information.

I'm gonna tell DH we need to book another cruise just to get all that free money.

Old 06-04-2013, 01:37 PM   #22
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
...grumbles that some of us have no targets... no point in getting target card....
Ah, but there must be a Target somewhere in your state...unless you live up here in VT - we're the only state in the country without a single Target store! Talk about grumbles! I read about the discounts on Disney gift cards all the time...
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #23
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

I surprised DH with an inside stateroom and his parents watching the kids for a four night on the Magic. The best part?
I paid for the Entire Trip cost in Disney Rewards Dollars.
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:31 PM   #24
Narnia_girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
I use ours to pay for everything from car insurance to property taxes. We pay it off every month so no interest charges. Our last 7-night cruise was almost paid for completely with our rewards dollars. If it wasn't for that balance, we would have had to consider cancelling the cruise. I think my entire family is in favor of it.
So, a question: Can I take the amount I owe for a cruise, and put *most* of that amount on the Disney Rewards Visa which earns $$ on the rewards card and then turn around and use that rewards card to finish paying off the cruise?

Quote:
Yeah - the target card is simply a debit card linked to your savings/checking. I'd rather do 2% plus 6 months...

Hopefully target will do the coupon think this xmas like the last two years. Then Disney Gift cards at 20% off here I come again...
How has the Target Christmas offer worked in the past? Do you have to hold a Target Red Car to get this deal? And what exactly is the offer?

thanks!

Narnia_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:04 PM   #25
Spwhoney
Mouseketeer

I was thinking of transferring my cc I have now to a Disney Visa. Can I transfer the balance and get all these rewards people are talking about. I read that there is something like a 3% charge for transfers. What's your opinion?
Spwhoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #26
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spwhoney View Post
I was thinking of transferring my cc I have now to a Disney Visa. Can I transfer the balance and get all these rewards people are talking about. I read that there is something like a 3% charge for transfers. What's your opinion?
Definitely not. You only get points for purchases, not loans (cash withdrawals). It is NOT a low interest card, so if you carry any balance at all even the 1% reward is not worth it.

edit: I did look up another Chase card I have and you do get reward points for balance transfers within the first 90 days, but you'll still be charged the 3% and only earn 1% - it would cost you $30 to transfer $1000, and you'd only earn $10 in rewards. Not worth it.

Nancy

Last edited by neg58; 07-05-2013 at 09:21 AM. Reason: correction
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:19 AM   #27
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

It does help to book the cruise with the rewards card. Because you can defer the entire trip six months no interest.
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:14 AM   #28
Greatfalls
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=Narnia_girl;48862360]So, a question: Can I take the amount I owe for a cruise, and put *most* of that amount on the Disney Rewards Visa which earns $$ on the rewards card and then turn around and use that rewards card to finish paying off the cruise?

Yes. You can do partial payments any time. You would just need to do the partial payment at least one billing cycle before the final deadline to pay for the cruise so that your points will be available.
Greatfalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:26 AM   #29
NYKaren
More Queen Than Evil

I have the regular Disney Visa. I use the reward dollars for onboard credit and it works great. I have also used the reward dollars in WDW and DL. You have them transferred onto a reward card that you have to request from Customer Service and then can use that like a debit card in the parks or give it to Guest Services on your cruise ship and they will convert it to cabin credit. I do charge my cruises on the card and get the 0% financing and extra onboard credit for using a Disney Visa. You do get reward dollars for charging your cruise and then can use them towards purchases onboard the ship. We try to use that card as much as possible to keep racking up the reward dollars
NYKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:46 AM   #30
ALCooper3
Mouseketeer

We got a Disney Rewards Visa 5 months ago. We got an offer in the mail that included a $200 Disney gift card if you spent I think $500 within the first 90 days. We spent that easily in the first month so we now have $200 to spend when we cruise again in October. We use the card for everyday purchases and make sure to pay off the balance each month. So far we have earned about $50 in rewards points. I am sure we will have close to $100 by our cruise date. It's like getting free money for Disney. I love it!

For those who have booked onboard. Do you have to put the whole amount of the cruise on the card up front or can you just put a deposit down using the card to get the $50 onboard credit?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: