Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2013, 09:28 AM   #436
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reagansdaddy View Post
I'm working on a touring plan and need some help with times.

What time do the doors open for a show in June? What time should we plan to get into line?

Thanks!
For a 10pm Wishes show, they generally let you into the dessert party about 8:45 or so. I've seen the lines to enter the party start as early as 8pm. It's all a matter of personal choice as to when you choose to go.

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014, SSR and AKV-Jambo September 2014
Hunclemarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:33 AM   #437
maarch
Mouseketeer

I have a reservation on june 28. But I really want to try to get a july 4 reservation.

So far the only way I have to see if it's available is to call them. Anyone know how to check online. When I go to the webpage of the Terrace Party and click on "Make a Reservation" It give me an error.
maarch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #438
glvsav37
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maarch View Post
I have a reservation on june 28. But I really want to try to get a july 4 reservation.

So far the only way I have to see if it's available is to call them. Anyone know how to check online. When I go to the webpage of the Terrace Party and click on "Make a Reservation" It give me an error.
Not to be a pessimist, but if you get a July 4 ressie now, I would invest heavily in lotto tickets as well.

I'm not even sure they are doing a 7/4 party bc it is a special day at the MK and I think the party is closed/not offered on special event days.

Anyone else here know more about the party and when they offer/don't offer it?
Old 06-04-2013, 09:51 AM   #439
maarch
Mouseketeer

They do offer the party on the fourth.

And yes I am aware that getting one would be similar to winning the lottery. But I have hope that someone might cancel before their trip. You never know what can happen, etc.
maarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:19 AM   #440
magicbob
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenvi View Post
So just to be clear...My ressie is for 9:20 but we can actually get in line at 8:30? This is a relief if I'm understanding this correctly, I was worried the desserts would all be gone before my party even got seated! I was checking every day to see if I could get a "better time" but I guess I don't have to worry about that now. Even if we don't have a good table, we were planning on standing for Wishes anyway. Thanks for the pics, it puts it in a little perspective for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quin View Post
We need this posted in caps in a sticky: IGNORE YOUR ADR TIME FOR THE DESSERT PARTY. The ADR system insists on treating this event like a restaurant, where you have to stagger the ADR times or the staff would die. It ought to be in the ADR system as a single timed event like HDDR or the Luau. There is only one Dessert Party per night and if you have an ADR for any time at all, you have an ADR for that night's Party. The Party is supposed to start 1 hour before Wishes although some nights people report being let in a little earlier. I would imagine it has to do with whether they are fully staffed and set up early.

Anyhow, if Wishes is at 10, the Party officially begins at 9 and could begin a little earlier. I would not recommend getting there before 8:30 just in case it doesn't start until 9; part of what you are paying for with the Party is the convenience of NOT losing the entire evening in the park standing around waiting for fireworks viewing.

Try searching over on the Disney Dining Review board for Dessert Party pictures; I know someone just added pictures in the last few days as part of their review. ETA: review by the little marla, title starts " I fell off the ice cream truck", page 7. And there are lots of others, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quin View Post
I disagree. If Wishes is at 9 the Dessert Party opens at 8 or maybe 5-10 minutes before that. If you wait until 8:15 you're simply giving everyone else first crack at the buffet tables. I would plan on arriving at about 7:45. No earlier than 7:30 but certainly no later than 8.

And, as has been said before, you can ignore the actual time of your ADR. This is a single hard-ticket event that opens for everyone at the same time no matter what the ADR system has assigned you.
Sorry if this has already been asked. I skimmed through all the pages, but might have missed it.

It was reported that they don't always (perhaps rarely) replenish the desserts. So, if folks DO show up at their ADR time, they run the risk of getting little or no desserts at the dessert party? Why would WDW tell someone to show up an hour past the start of the party? If we go in the future, at least we're armed with this information, but it just seems wrong that they would give you an ADR time that could be after the desserts have all been eaten! If they replenish the desserts, this wouldn't be an issue. But I would be @!#^*@!#*^#*^@# if I paid that much for a dessert buffet and showed up at the time they told me to, only to find out that the buffet has been picked over and nothing is left!

Ratatouille, the Ride!

magicbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:45 AM   #441
Princess MaryPoppins
Cast Member 2008 - Magic Kingdom

Awww my old workplace. So nostalgic!

Princess MaryPoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #442
Suzanne033
Nobody on their deathbed ever wishes they spent more time at the office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicbob View Post
Sorry if this has already been asked. I skimmed through all the pages, but might have missed it.

It was reported that they don't always (perhaps rarely) replenish the desserts. So, if folks DO show up at their ADR time, they run the risk of getting little or no desserts at the dessert party? Why would WDW tell someone to show up an hour past the start of the party? If we go in the future, at least we're armed with this information, but it just seems wrong that they would give you an ADR time that could be after the desserts have all been eaten! If they replenish the desserts, this wouldn't be an issue. But I would be @!#^*@!#*^#*^@# if I paid that much for a dessert buffet and showed up at the time they told me to, only to find out that the buffet has been picked over and nothing is left!
My DD and I went last year and they continually replenished the buffet. She even went over to get more between the Castle projection show and Wishes and there was plenty of desserts.
6/1986 - Off-Site; 11/1997 - Polynesian; 12/2001 - All Star Sports; 12/2004 - Beach Club/Disney Wonder; 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 - AAU Volleyball Nationals @ WWoS; 12/2013 - Mom Panel Training - Boardwalk; 7/2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; 12/2014 - Grand Floridian

MouseQuest Podcast - The MQ is your HQ for all things Disney
Suzanne033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #443
magicbob
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne033 View Post
My DD and I went last year and they continually replenished the buffet. She even went over to get more between the Castle projection show and Wishes and there was plenty of desserts.
Well, that's good to hear. Maybe those reports of everything running out were from a while back and they got enough people complaining that they had paid for a dessert buffet and expected there to be desserts on the buffet. Especially if they arrived "on time" for their "ADR" only to find that stuff was already gone.

Ratatouille, the Ride!

magicbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #444
kajs22
Mother extraordinaire, friends call me wonder woman, grew up in South Florida and trying to get back.

Thank you so much for posting this - looks great! Can't wait to go
kajs22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:05 PM   #445
Malakaiii
Mouseketeer

I thought I'd come back and say THANK YOU to everyone for letting me know about the Dessert Party and how to get reservations! We were in WDW a couple weeks ago and this was one of the highlights for my husband and I. We were able to have my mom watch our toddler for the evening and had such a nice break just the two of us!

It was a bit confusing with how they directed the line up. There were no cast members there to direct people until about 8:50... while there were tons of hungry people milling about and no real line. We ended up getting sent waaaay to the back of the line even though we were there super early. So that was disappointing.

BUT we got a table right in the front and just a short walk to rows upon rows of delicious desserts. We filled our plates multiple times and had something different each time. I liked the lemon tarts (actually all the tarts were tasty) and my husband liked the cheesecake in a dish.

We had a good view of the electrical parade but of course everyone came to stand at the railing when the fireworks were about to start. I cannot stand at the railing (I'm heavily pregnant and having health problems) so I was sad to see our 'perfect' spot was no longer perfect. They would not let me bring my chair to the railing either. Finally I had the idea of using my electric scooter, which they allowed, so my husband brought it over for me and I could be comfortable for the fireworks. Hurray! We got some GREAT photos!

Overall it was excellent and we would most definitely do it again, probably with our kids next time!
Old 06-05-2013, 01:13 PM   #446
B's Marie
Mouseketeer

Thank you!

Thanks for all this great info!! We will be going for our 1st time in August and this thread helped sooo much!!

B's Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:42 PM   #447
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

See I don't see why they couldn't make the exception to bring a chair for you while being heavily pregnant..

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & BWI Sept 8-15, 2013
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:02 PM   #448
theparsons
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl View Post
We did the party last night. Had a table on the rail next the check in counter. We really didn't eat a lot. My youngest isn't feeling well so he didn't eat a bite. I had one plateful of items. DH ate a few bites. DD13 half a plate full. Ds5 hardly anything. The view was nice but overall it wasn't worth it for my family. At least we tried it once and now we know.
How sad for your family that everyone wasn't feeling well.....and yeah, I guess if you aren't feeling well and don't eat it wouldn't be worth it. Maybe you could try again when your family is healthy and happy and really enjoy the desserts.

Or....maybe it's just me, but I'm hoping to go more for the desserts than the fireworks, lol. No wonder I'm Pooh sized.
theparsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:22 PM   #449
DizzDoll
DIS Veteran

Just got our reservations for August 22! Looking forward to it as its the last night of our vacation.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:35 PM   #450
Dannek
So many roads to ease my soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
See I don't see why they couldn't make the exception to bring a chair for you while being heavily pregnant..
Legality I assume.
Person brings chair over to rail. Person gets up to use the bathroom, husband helps her since she's pregnant, child x climbs up on chair, leans over the rail and topples over the railing and lands down below.

Lawsuit ensues, woman being pregnant doesn't release Disney from liability...
Dannek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dessert party, magic kingdom, terrace, tomorrowland

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: