Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2013, 12:23 AM   #16
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwood View Post
Thank you for this thread. We have a 6yr old special needs daughter. Who is daytime Potty trained but I am so scared to leave her and her have an accident. I wondered if they would let me put a pull up on her just in case.....
I am also scared to leave her because of all of her needs. Thanks!
Don't know about the pull up, but the clubs usually can't provide one one one attention for special needs kids, nor can they accompany children into the bathroom. I don't think they will change the kids either although there have been some sporadic posts that say otherwise. They call the parent to change the kid.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:31 AM   #17
wl1117
Mouseketeer

Our 4 year old had an accident once too. She'd been fully-trained for awhile, but got too wrapped up in playing and forgot to listen to her body until it was too late. We were called to take her to get changed, although she was already in dry shorts when we got there. She was allowed to come back without any issue.

One thing to note, the CMs cannot help them go to the bathroom. They really need to be able to go into the bathroom and get undressed/dressed on their own. My daughter had never gone in alone before, although she could do it all herself, she was unsure at first. So we had her try to open all the doors and shut and lock/unlock the stalls when we visited during Open House hours before she was there on her own.

6th DCL cruise -Magic - May 2, 2014
wl1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2013, 07:40 AM   #18
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwood View Post
Thank you for this thread. We have a 6yr old special needs daughter. Who is daytime Potty trained but I am so scared to leave her and her have an accident. I wondered if they would let me put a pull up on her just in case.....
I am also scared to leave her because of all of her needs. Thanks!
There is a wide range of "special needs" in children. If she functions adequately in a group setting (school) without direct 1:1 assistance, then she'll likely be fine. DCL will not provide 1:1 for any child; if that's needed you'll be welcomed to bring her to the Club/Lab during Open House hours and stay with her to help her participate. Our DD has developmental delays and I was a little concerned, but she had a great time in the Club, though we only left her for a couple hours at a time.

Don't worry about a potty accident, they'll call you if it happens; I doubt they'll allow a pull-up and you probably don't want to encourage regression by doing that anyway.

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:25 PM   #19
atwood
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanejudy View Post

There is a wide range of "special needs" in children. If she functions adequately in a group setting (school) without direct 1:1 assistance, then she'll likely be fine. DCL will not provide 1:1 for any child; if that's needed you'll be welcomed to bring her to the Club/Lab during Open House hours and stay with her to help her participate. Our DD has developmental delays and I was a little concerned, but she had a great time in the Club, though we only left her for a couple hours at a time.

Don't worry about a potty accident, they'll call you if it happens; I doubt they'll allow a pull-up and you probably don't want to encourage regression by doing that anyway.

Enjoy your cruise!
I signed her up and we will see....we will visit open hours first. I will make sure she goes to the restroom before I leave. She is still in pull ups at night and long drives. but making great gains. I am perfectly ok if she can't stay...we wouldn't leave her long but if she can experience a few minutes that would be great! But I completely understand them having their hands full and her not staying,
atwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: