Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2013, 01:54 PM   #16
bostongrl88
Earning My Ears

This was a very helpful report. We're going on the Dream in Dec with an 18 month old and 4 year old.
bostongrl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:03 PM   #17
edingeal
Earning My Ears

Never trust a toddler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post
"So one story that is pretty funny in hind-sight is how we lost our daughter on the verandah. On three separate occasions, she crawled into one of our neighbors verandahs. The first time we panicked when we looked out at the veranda and she was gone. We found it odd to hear the neighbors rearranging their deck furniture so we peeked over and saw our little girl playing next door. She is a toddler who walks primarily but her world is only 2 feet off of the ground. She must have seen something that caught her eye and crawled right under the divider. The first two times we lured her back with a toy and then pulled her under the wall again. The third time, our neighbors were on the verandah so they were kind enough to deliver her to us out in the hallway. Again, it is pretty funny now since no-one plummeted off the side of the ship. We also had to tell our son (multiple times) to never-ever-ever stand on the furniture on the verandah."

You got to 3? There's a lock on the door isn't there?
Once, again, I'm the wonderful wife of the author of this review Seriously, sounds like we're horrible parents doesn't it?! But it's the truth, it happened three times! No, we weren't inside napping while the kids were playing outside unsupervised, we were actually watching them the whole time since we were nervous about being in a verandah room with two young kids (see above on how we booked an outside room not a verandah in the first place!). The first time we were all outside and gave the long talk about no one standing on the furniture etc, and all the safetly rules, then I was watching them while I stepped just inside the door to grab my camera off the desk when my husband stepped back out while I got the camera and panicked because our baby was missing! While we were watching the railing like a hawk to make sure the kids weren't climbing up, my husband and I had failed to notice that the divider between balconies does not go all the way to the ground! It's only a few inches high, but perfect for a squirmy fifteen month old to slip under. The second time was even crazier because I was right next to her on the balcony and my son asked a question, i turned to answer him and that stinker of a baby dropped to the ground right next to me and speed-scooted under the divider! I saw it happen, but by the time I dropped down to grab her little arm and stop her she'd already made it under. After that we didn't let her out unless one of us was holding her. The third time happened towards the end of the cruise and where we relaxed a little and let her run around, while being watched of course, and it was another "in the blink of an eye" moment where she did her now famous drop down and scoot trick and luckily someone was out next door and grabbed her right away so we didn't have to bribe her back. After that she was completely barred from the balcony And to think, we were so much more worried about our four year old boy pushing a chair to the railing and leaning over and it was our sneaky wiggle worm that was our trouble maker!

edingeal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #18
Phil'sFrontier
DIS Veteran

Hi, I was wondering if you know the cargo or carry capacity of your Accord? This is the weight of everything in the car accept driver and gas. You may be well within these limits as itis, but just something you may want to check into before doing a family road trip.
But if you get 2/3 passengers in there and a bunch of heavy stuff in the trunk and possibly a roof rack. Then take into account cars aren't really made for carrying large loads for long trips.
Just check in your drivers door and there may be a sticker there telling you the correct tire pressure, and the cargo or weight capacity of the car.
Now back to reading your TR!
Old 05-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #19
jaybo22
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil'sFrontier View Post
Hi, I was wondering if you know the cargo or carry capacity of your Accord?
Ha! Good point.
GROSS WEIGHT 4300 lbs.
CURB WEIGHT 3360 lbs

I think we've got a couple of years before the kids tip the scales.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:47 AM   #20
perfectmatch300
United We Stand
Will ride anything with "roller coaster" in the name!

Thanks for your trip report. I especially enjoyed your "lesson learned" segments.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:59 AM   #21
ChrisParker
Mouseketeer

Thanks for a great and helpful report!

Follow us to the Fantasy Pre-Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3099534
ChrisParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:17 AM   #22
Phil'sFrontier
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo22 View Post
Ha! Good point.
GROSS WEIGHT 4300 lbs.
CURB WEIGHT 3360 lbs

I think we've got a couple of years before the kids tip the scales.
Good stuff! Have fun road trippin next time. Make sure you check your tire pressure too!
Old 05-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #23
Hummer
Earning My Ears

A lot of great information. Thanks for sharing!
Hummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:07 AM   #24
mrsashbaugh
<3 DISNEY

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. We will be traveling next May with a 5 year old and 1 year old so similar to your kids ages.
mrsashbaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:34 AM   #25
fotogenieguy
Earning My Ears

My family and friends are sailing on the Sept 14th trip. Which will you be sailing?
fotogenieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:36 PM   #26
jaybo22
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotogenieguy
My family and friends are sailing on the Sept 14th trip. Which will you be sailing?
I think we are on the October 1st sailing. There is a good chance that we will reschedule to 2015 when my daughter is hopefully potty trained and can go to the Oceaneer Club.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:24 PM   #27
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo22;48437801[B
Wave Phones[/B]

As a smart-phone user on land, I can’t imagine how we texted on a numeric keypad for so long.
Amen! Thanks for sharing your feedback and experiences. Great report!
jegsnakkernorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:21 PM   #28
trajon4
Earning My Ears

Fe

Hello we will be sailing in August. If you upgraded at the port did you have any trouble with people from your FE group finding you? We may try to upgrade at port and I don't want to miss out as so much work goes into out gifts.
trajon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:38 PM   #29
jaybo22
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by trajon4
Hello we will be sailing in August. If you upgraded at the port did you have any trouble with people from your FE group finding you? We may try to upgrade at port and I don't want to miss out as so much work goes into out gifts.
Good point. We had a meetup on the first day where we spread the word. The coordinator of our group also posted the whole list along with any changes ( there are a couple) on their door. We did have a couple late arrivals that caught up with us on the last day. If I did it again, I would drop a note to each room as we delivered our FE gifts.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:02 PM   #30
Haidee
Earning My Ears

We will be sailing 8/30-9/6/2013 on the Disney fantasy/carribean and Bahamas cruise! First time on a cruise and I'm super excited it me and my husband , 16 yr old son, 12 yr old son and my 5 ur old daughter... Who else will be on that cruise?
Haidee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caribbean, eastern, fantasy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: