Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2013, 10:42 PM   #46
Davistigers
Earning My Ears

Ok, it's been 2 years since our last Disney cruise and I'm staring inside our bathroom cupboard and I see 5 bottles of H20 conditioner, 5 bottles of H20 shampoo and only 1 bottle left of body butter. (That my husband knows about. I think I have a few more in my nightstand. Hee hee.) Thank goodness we cruise on the Wonder 3 weeks from today so we can at least get some of the new body lotion. Oh, body butter, I will miss you!

And on another note, we're big coffee drinkers and can't stand the DCL onboard coffee. So we take a small mr coffee 2-4 cup coffee maker with us and set it up in our cabin with our Starbucks ground coffee. Each morning is fabulous cause we got our familiar coffee fix (and we always unplug it when we're done).

Davistigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:42 PM   #47
disneyfan888
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post

I brought an iron and it caught on fire and I just threw it overboard.

Just kidding. Just seeing if anyone was reading this. No one at home ever listens to me...so, I just thought I'd check here.
Hilarious!

Definitely was paying attention. When I got to this statement my eyes widened in disbelief and then I sighed in relief when you concluded it was a joke. Good one!

[

disneyfan888 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2013, 11:08 PM   #48
Castillo Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I will never confess. All h e double hockey sticks would break out. I'm taking it to my grave.

Okay, twist my arm. I don't smoke but it didn't stop me from asking the bartenders for those adorable cute little match boxes with the DCL logo on it. They are so cute!

And I love taking those adorable cute glass paper topper thingys. (The ones that cover the glasses in the bathroom.) I put them over my wine glasses up in the cupboard. I obviously have a hard time throwing away anything that has a DCL logo on it. Shameful.

I asked every server, bartender, whoever, "can I keep this pen?" I LOVE my DCL pens! (Pen hoarder right here!)

Just kidding. Just seeing if anyone was reading this. No one at home ever listens to me...so, I just thought I'd check here.
Too funny! No one listens to me at home either, especially when I harp about our trips to WDW or cruise. My family loves Disney, they just don't want to have to hear about it every day for a year or two which is how far in advance I usually book our trips.

Ok. so a confession....let's just say that next time I do the wine pairing at Remy I will remind myself that I don't have to drink every last drop of all 7 or so glasses of wine. And before anyone makes any assumptions, I was very lady-like and maintained my composure throughout dinner!
8/8/09-8/21/09 SSR/AKV Kidani Village
9/24/11-10/5/11 AKV Kidani Village
6/14/12-6/20/12 Disney Dream Double Dip

7/19/12-7/22/12 Hilton Head

7/24/12-7/31/12
Beach Club Resort
Castillo Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:19 PM   #49
Ginger Renae
Mouseketeer

I got super dressed up for formal night. After dinner, I had to kick off my fancy shoes because my feet were beyond swollen, and I wore my old croc flip flops under my formal for the rest of the night.

Can't tell I'm in flip flops here, but I am standing on my tip toes so the front of my dress wasn't on the ground...

Ginger Renae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:31 PM   #50
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Renae
I got super dressed up for formal night. After dinner, I had to kick off my fancy shoes because my feet were beyond swollen, and I wore my old croc flip flops under my formal for the rest of the night.

Can't tell I'm in flip flops here, but I am standing on my tip toes so the front of my dress wasn't on the ground...
Your dress is so gorgeous!

MedCruise June 15-27, 2013 VilleFranche-Sur-Mer, La Spezia, Civitavecchia, Piraeus, Kusadasi, Mykonos, Valetta

MedCruise Aug. 7, 2010 Valetta, Tunis, Naples, Civitavecchia, La Spezia, VilleFranche-Sur-Mer

Mexican Riviera 2008
abayaflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:11 AM   #51
ThePicketts
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&mfamily

I'm sorry, did you say something? [/QUOTE]

I was going to say that!
ThePicketts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:24 AM   #52
Bunchof0rz
Angie 0rz

Quote:
I will never confess. All h e double hockey sticks would break out. I'm taking it to my grave.

Okay, twist my arm. I don't smoke but it didn't stop me from asking the bartenders for those adorable cute little match boxes with the DCL logo on it. They are so cute!

And I love taking those adorable cute glass paper topper thingys. (The ones that cover the glasses in the bathroom.) I put them over my wine glasses up in the cupboard. I obviously have a hard time throwing away anything that has a DCL logo on it. Shameful.

I asked every server, bartender, whoever, "can I keep this pen?" I LOVE my DCL pens! (Pen hoarder right here!)

Haha!!!!!! Love it. I pictured you tossing it over board.

Bunchof0rz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:10 AM   #53
omalley1118
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxin View Post
LOL...I've worn shorts to dinner so many times I've lost count. I think I figured that out on the third cruise, that they really don't care. I don't do it on Formal night, but any other night, heck yeah!
Whew...I'm not the only one!!!! LOL!!!
Old 06-04-2013, 05:20 AM   #54
AustralianJetsetter
Mouseketeer

Ginger Renae:

Oh my....I LOVE LOVE LOVE your dress. It is stunning. You truly look amazing :-)
AustralianJetsetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:32 AM   #55
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castillo Mom

Too funny! No one listens to me at home either, especially when I harp about our trips to WDW or cruise. My family loves Disney, they just don't want to have to hear about it every day for a year or two which is how far in advance I usually book our trips.
This is also my experience! I have all but been banned from mentioning the word cruise by my honey!
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:26 AM   #56
ALMinVA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids View Post
This is also my experience! I have all but been banned from mentioning the word cruise by my honey!
This Ditto.... I live on these boards soaking up info for our cruise next year...and dh is so tired of me talking only about disney and the cruise he doesnt want to hear it anymore

[/url]
ALMinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:29 AM   #57
Moxin
Mouseketeer

In between cruises, I use all of the H20 products I take home, but I save the bottles. Then I take the empties with me, and put them out in place of the full ones each day, putting those in my luggage to take home.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:51 AM   #58
noahdove
DIS Veteran

PizzieDuster, I love it!!! I had a belly laugh Thank you and keep these confessions coming...

noahdove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:59 AM   #59
fairfax
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxin
In between cruises, I use all of the H20 products I take home, but I save the bottles. Then I take the empties with me, and put them out in place of the full ones each day, putting those in my luggage to take home.
Lol I should try this! Last time I was on the ship we legit ran out of shampoo, I asked the stateroom host for more and he said "It's available in the shop for purchase."

About 6 years ago when my son was still a baby, the last morning of the cruise he knocked all my silverware off the table by accident-- I tried to pick it all up, but when we got home I found a spoon that had fallen into my tote bag *hangs head*
Old 06-04-2013, 08:12 AM   #60
owensjro
DIS Veteran

We too hide the H2O products in the hopes that the H2O fairy will leave us more. I love the soap which I have yet to find for sale anywhere.

After reading the thread about kids running in the hall I have to confess to racing my daughter up stairs on more than one occasion. We do try to make sure the stairs aren't crowded. Sometimes you just have to motivate the kids to get a little exercise!

Although DCL policy is that alcohol brought on board is only consumed in your stateroom I too have gotten wine glasses from the nearest bar and then carried glasses of my own wine to the dining room.

And...worst of all...I encourage my daughter to get pictures with the characters and princesses because deep down inside I want to be the one in the pictures!

Jim
Disney Magic 7N Eastern - 1/17/09
Disney Magic 7N Eastern - 12/19/09
Disney Wonder B2B 5N KeyWest/5N DoubleDip - 6/8/10, 6/13/10
Disney Magic 14N TransAtlantic - 5/14/11
Disney Fantasy B2B 7N Eastern/Western - 6/29/13, 7/6/13
Disney Magic 12N Northern Europe - 7/22/15
owensjro is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: