Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2013, 01:54 PM   #1
tweis
DIS Veteran

Just off a 3 day adults only Dream Cruise

There have been lots of questions as to wether DCL is a good choice for adults sailing without children and I now can say that "yes, I think that it is". My DH and I combined a 3 night on the Dream with time in Savannah, St. Augustine, a scenic drive down A1-A, and Cocoa Beach. We stayed at the DoubleTree Inn in Cocoa Beach and loved it. We parked at the port and will probably always do so in the future. It was so convenient and we wanted to be on the road as soon as possible and parking at the port made that so much easier for us. We arrived at the port around 10:50 since we weren't sure about the parking but it was easy to navigate so we were parked and through security by 11:00. We had a PAT of 11-11:30 so we were right on time. We received boarding #3 and were onboard by 11:35. Went straight to GS and applied a gift card to our account and signed up for mixology then off to Cabanas for lunch. Our rooms were ready at 1:30 and this was the first time we had a verandah and absolutely loved being able to sit on it and relax.

We spent most of our time by the adult pool lounging and sipping on drinks of the day. The first day there were kids in the adult area but they were asked to leave. I was very glad that DCL were enforcing their rules. We had very rough seas the first night and DH and I both got seasick. I wasn't feeling well at dinner in RP so our wonderful serving team took our orders and had our dinners sent up to our rooms. We had Angel and Flavio and they were absolutely wonderful!

We didn't have great weather so we had to nix some of our plans but we improvised. I highly recommend Mixology it was tons of fun. We did not go to any of the shows because we had seen them before and weren't interested this time. We rode bikes at CC and got to enjoy the BBQ at serenity bay. We were able to visit Palo this trip and LOVED it. Service was wonderful. We did the express walk off and was driving out of the port by 7:15. If anyone has any questions, I will be happy to answer them.
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #2
allison0523
Mouseketeer

We are going on the Dream in 3 weeks and can't wait! I have a couple questions. Was there a long line to check in when you arrived at the port? Also, did you see any motorhomes or RV's parked there? We are driving our 36ft motorhome and plan on parking it at the port. We have sailed on Carnival and RCL out of Port Canaveral before and I remember there being a motorhome or two parked on the Carnival side, but I wasn't sure where they would park us for Disney. We plan on arriving early so we can get parked as easily as possible, having such a large vehicle. Thanks!
allison0523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:04 PM   #3
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by allison0523 View Post
We are going on the Dream in 3 weeks and can't wait! I have a couple questions. Was there a long line to check in when you arrived at the port? Also, did you see any motorhomes or RV's parked there? We are driving our 36ft motorhome and plan on parking it at the port. We have sailed on Carnival and RCL out of Port Canaveral before and I remember there being a motorhome or two parked on the Carnival side, but I wasn't sure where they would park us for Disney. We plan on arriving early so we can get parked as easily as possible, having such a large vehicle. Thanks!
There were already lots of people when we arrived at the port but we only waited in line maybe 5-7 minutes. We were then given a navigator for the day and had a seat and looked over it to see what was going on for the day. We were on the ship by 11:35 so we didn't have much of a wait at all. The key to less waiting is arriving within your PAT window.

I don't recall seeing a motorhome parked but I wasn't paying attention and there wasn't alot of cars parked when we arrived. I know that they have parking for oversized vehicles because I remember seeing it on the website.
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: