Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2013, 03:35 PM   #16
kapoof
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone! I have heard disney leaves a tipping guide in your room too.

me dh ds

2006 wilderness lodge 2007 beach club
2008 dolphin
2010 downtown disney hilton/ poly cl :
2011 akl . 2013 bwi and dream cruise

there are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, the other is getting it...oscar wilde
kapoof is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:45 PM   #17
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran

We always do prepaid grats with our cruise payments. Room service is free you should tip a few dollars each time. We also tip the baggage handlers too for the 2 of us we tip about $5. Also if using the bus service we tip as well. If we find a really nice bar guy we also too extra with that as well.
CruznLexi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2013, 09:07 PM   #18
Mickey Cruiser 4
Earning My Ears

How do prepay your gratuities?
Mickey Cruiser 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:21 PM   #19
mstinson14
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey Cruiser 4
How do prepay your gratuities?
They are automatically added to your bill unless you tell them not to add them. You can edit the tips however you feel necessary, though.

Last edited by mstinson14; 05-30-2013 at 09:41 PM.
mstinson14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:05 PM   #20
Keira1387
Married at Disney August 2, 2008

We just booked a new cruise on board last month, and gratuities were added to the cruise fare.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:17 PM   #21
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keira1387 View Post
We just booked a new cruise on board last month, and gratuities were added to the cruise fare.
I booked onboard 3 weeks ago and no tips were included.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (8/2014 BLT/AKV) (1/2015 7 night Magic)

EPCOTatNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:23 PM   #22
Keira1387
Married at Disney August 2, 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOTatNight View Post

So weird. I even asked him about it, and he said it was the new policy. Trying to dig for the paperwork now.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:22 AM   #23
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstinson14 View Post
They are automatically added to your bill unless you tell them not to add them. You can edit the tips however you feel necessary, though.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOTatNight View Post

Quote:
So weird. I even asked him about it, and he said it was the new policy. Trying to dig for the paperwork now.
I'm going to quote myself here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
I know it's only semantics, but we're talking about 2 different things here.

Tips are now added to your onboard account automatically. They are actually charged to your CC (or however you are paying your onboard account) at the end of the cruise.

"Pre-paid tips" are actually paid ahead as part of the cruise fare that you pay. That way the tips are already paid for and you don't have to budget for them to be paid at the end of the cruise.

I will also point out that you can go to Guest Services once onboard and remove/change your tips as you deem necessary.
So, it's possible that gratuities may or may not be included in the cruise fare you book. Some special pricing include gratuities, most regular pricing does not.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:55 PM   #24
Mickey Cruiser 4
Earning My Ears

My gratuities weren't added to my cruise fare when I paid. Will they let you prepay still? I am wanting to have all of cruise and excursions paid for before we go.
Mickey Cruiser 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:15 PM   #25
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey Cruiser 4 View Post
My gratuities weren't added to my cruise fare when I paid. Will they let you prepay still? I am wanting to have all of cruise and excursions paid for before we go.
Yes, you can still prepay. Just call DCL or your TA. You can prepay up until 3 days before you sail I think. Or once onboard just go to guest services and apply either cash for the tips or a gift card.

I rebooked onboard Thursday and the gratuities were added onto the quote I received. I know it's only semantics, but I thought the price of the cruise had increased that much since my original booking seeing as the CM didn't bother to mention that he was including the gratuities in with the quote.

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

5 Night Disney Dream Double Dip June 2012
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:50 PM   #26
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey Cruiser 4 View Post
Yes. You (or your TA) will have to call DCL directly as this can't be done online. Essentially, you are pre-paying an amount onto your onboard account. If you wish this to include the tips and excursions, just add up the amount and tell them how much.

If using a Disney Visa card, you will get 0% interest for 6 months if this is over the minimum (I think $200?) for that promo. If you are using gift cards, keep them - if any excursions or such are canceled or for any reason you have a credit balance remaining on your account at the end of the cruise, it will be returned to the original gift card(s).
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: