Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 06:16 PM   #1
acamechis
Mouseketeer

Anyone done a wedding or vow renewal on the disney fantasy

My husband and I are looking to have a Vow Renewal Ceremony done on the fantasy. We were married at the court house last minute due to the military trying to separate us with different duty stations because when were single and nothing was available for us to be together unless we were married. We are wanting to use deck 14 on our day at sea. Our questions are

How was the service onboard by the coordinator?

Was us worth the money?

Did the crew make you feel rushed?

We're you able to schedule any and all hair, nail, or grooming Appointments in a timely manner?

Please just let me Know how your experience was and thank you!
Old 04-29-2013, 06:37 PM   #2
chris31997
Disney Kid at Heart

There is a Forum for Disney Weddingg with a thread dedicated to Cruise Weddings

Anyway the cost for the onboard wedding is about 3500. Last time I checked. I don't know if it has gone up or not.

You can be penciled in 1 yr out and confirmed 45 days out. They allow a certin mount per sailing.

You can ask all you questions and more over at the DCL weddin thread and the ladies will be willing to answer.

Chrissy
chris31997 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 06:41 PM   #3
crbruce_us
AKV and BLT are our vacation homes!

We had our VR on the Fantasy in June 2012. The ceremony was the second day at sea (we were on the Eastern). It took place in the Outlook on Deck 14.

We LOVED the experience. The package included an onshore coordinator, live music (piano), preselected music on a CD, officiator (we got the captain), a couple of hosts during the ceremony and an onboard coordinator. We got some stateroom gifts, free meal at Palo, a wedding cake, sparkling wine, a bridal bouquet and groom boutonnière, and steaming of our wedding attire. We pre-booked hair through the coordinator service. The package also gives you the 120-day booking window. You will basically get to book what you want for the cruise as long as you pay in full 120-days prior sailing.

We purchased the additional wedding photographer and photo package too.

Was it worth it? We think so. Do you get $2500 worth of stuff (I think it's more $$ now), Not really. But, we had the Captain of the ship for about 30 minutes as well as a live musician. We would do it again.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #4
jrvikngfan
Earning My Ears

Fantasy vow renewal

We leave on the June 29, 2013 eastern carribean cruise for our vow renewal. So far everything has gone well, the coordinator has been super helpful! Will let you know how it went when we get back. Ours is scheduled to be on the Meridian patio just outside the outlook (wanted it outside, weather permitting, but didnt want to take time away from castaway cay with only 1 stop there... Plus that one costs a little more). We upgraded our cake to the under the sea cake and purchased a photo package but everything else (except hair appt) was included. They arranged my hair appt and reserved dinner at palo for us just as we requested.

Congrats by the way!

WDW: Caribbean Beach Resort ('05) , visiting WDW while waiting to adopt our little princess in Orlando, stayed off site for almost 30 days ('10) , Christmas at WDW parks: AKL ('11)
3nt Bahamas: Disney Wonder ('08), 7nt E. Caribbean: Disney Fantasy ('13)

jrvikngfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: