Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2013, 04:07 PM   #511
Miss Potts
Mouseketeer

I've really enjoyed your TR! My favorite part was the Poly CL bc that's my next stay in the Fall!

Can't wait to follow your next TR!

Read my PTR:
The Adventures of Miss Potts - PTR Fall 2013

1987 Hilton / 1989 FW / 1991 CBR / 1993 BC / 1995 WL / 1997 Poly / 1998 BWI / 2001 BC / 2005 Poly CL / May 2005 WL CL / Dec 2005 WL CL / August 2006 WL / Jan 2007 Poly CL/Contemporary CL / 2008 WL / Jan 2009 Poly CL / Oct/Nov 2010 AKL (Engaged!) / Oct 2011 DCL Magic (Honeymoon!) / Oct 2012 OKW/BLT / Feb 2013 WL Club / Sept/Oct 2013 Poly CL
Old 05-30-2013, 07:36 PM   #512
jash08
Mouseketeer

Great job!

If you need a fix until you go back in two weeks, come on over and check mine out!

I really enjoyed your trip report! It was full of anecdotes and good advice

2013 Trip Report -- Don't Put Your Hand on Mickey's Hat

2014 Trip Report -- It's Not a Doughnut, But It Will Do!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2013, 08:06 PM   #513
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

Thank you Emma for another wonderful trip report. I'll be waiting for your next report.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:07 PM   #514
jwwi
DIS Veteran

Fun pictures of the little visited side of Poly. Thank you for sharing all of your lovely pictures and stories. Have fun on your upcoming trip.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:37 AM   #515
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel View Post
Wonderful TR. I really enjoyed reading along. I love all the Poly info. I can't wait for our stay in September to check out the secret club. Can't wait for your next one to start.

What is Property Control? I want $5 shirts too!
Thanks! I must check out your PTR, I'm getting excited about your Poly stay just hearing about it! There's nothing like the King Kamehamea Club! Property Control is a store for cast members - they have sunglasses for 25 cents (they're all the ones that have been sitting in lost and found for years!) and they also have t-shirts for $5. You never know what shirt you're going to find, because they're usually the defective/returned shirts that they can't sell to guests, but if you wait long enough you can find whatever design you're looking for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
Aww so sad its over but I'm glad that you will be writing another TR for your June trip! Have a magical time!
Thank you!! I'm already excited to start the new TR, and super excited to get back to Disney. We're at 11 days...nearly single digits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
Thank goodness you have another trip right around the corner! Otherwise I don't know what I would do with myself!
lol, that is such a sweet thing to say! Can't wait to see you over on the new TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Thanks for all the Concierge fun and the BEAUTIFUL Poly pictures!!

Now that I hear about DVC plans for the Poly, I might actually get to stay there in the future!

Looking forward to your next TR - have a great trip!!
Awww, thank you for following around, I'm so glad you enjoyed it! That would be fun to see how they might do a Poly DVC...we might finally be convinced to join.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdd View Post
Great report - thanks so much for sharing

Have a fantastic trip - I can't wait to be back in August
Thanks!! Sending best wishes for your trip as well!!
Old 05-31-2013, 10:31 AM   #516
Mickey'sMainMami
I love playing video games!!
I also love playing with my nephew's toys!

Jumping in here really late, but love what I have read so far!
Old 06-01-2013, 05:50 AM   #517
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Great TR!! Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to your next TR!
Old 06-03-2013, 09:09 AM   #518
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Potts View Post
I've really enjoyed your TR! My favorite part was the Poly CL bc that's my next stay in the Fall!

Can't wait to follow your next TR!
Thanks - you'll love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jash08 View Post
Great job!

If you need a fix until you go back in two weeks, come on over and check mine out!

I really enjoyed your trip report! It was full of anecdotes and good advice
I'll have to go check it out. And thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelrose View Post
Thank you Emma for another wonderful trip report. I'll be waiting for your next report.
Thank you for reading along! So glad you liked it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
Fun pictures of the little visited side of Poly. Thank you for sharing all of your lovely pictures and stories. Have fun on your upcoming trip.
It is funny how people don't normally get over to that side! Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey'sMainMami View Post
Jumping in here really late, but love what I have read so far!
lol, it's never too late to join. Thanks for posting!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
Great TR!! Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to your next TR!
Thanks!
Old 06-03-2013, 01:20 PM   #519
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Just a quick post to say the NEW TRIP REPORT is UP:

Disney Snob IX: IS THAT A NEW CUPCAKE??!

Also, we've hit single digits. NINE DAYS TO DISNEY!
Old 06-03-2013, 07:42 PM   #520
jdd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPrincess View Post
Just a quick post to say the NEW TRIP REPORT is UP:

Disney Snob IX: IS THAT A NEW CUPCAKE??!

Also, we've hit single digits. NINE DAYS TO DISNEY!
Yay! Heading over now - wonder if this one includes a stay at the Polynesian
March 2002, May 2003, Nov 2007 - ASMo, Nov 2005 - CSR, April 2007 - CBR, Oct 2008 - POR, Aug 2009 - FW Cabins/Beach Club, Dec 2009 - ASSp (mom/son trip), Aug-Sept 2010-POR/Poly CL, Sept 2011-Poly (mom/son trip), May2012-CBR(anniversary trip), Aug2012-WWoHP and AKL-Kidani, Aug2013-PolyCL, Feb2014-CBR, Feb2015-CBR, Aug2015-PolyCL
Old 06-04-2013, 10:39 PM   #521
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Catching up from the beginning of April!

I saw the options for breakfast at Landscape of Flavors, but there wasn't really anything that made me want to specifically have a meal there. My husband and I aren't really into the idea of spending a lot on breakfast when we're fine with cereal. I did, however, really enjoy the Surf and Surf burger that we split! It was just the perfect burger to have considering everywhere else had the regular beef burgers.

HAHA, my husband and I just happened to see that doll during our honeymoon because we were exploring Liberty Square! I just wrote about it in a recent update!

'Ohana is definitely one of my favorite Disney meals but only with a bigger group of people. I have this strange thing of getting anxious when eating out. I think it's because my parents raised me never to waste food, and my dad was especially a stickler about this. When I started having health problems in late high school and early college, I couldn't eat the way I used to, but I still feel as if it's wrong to waste food (I am a big fan of doggie bags and really love having leftovers for lunch the next day at work!). If I tried going to eat all that food at 'Ohana with just my husband, I'd probably get really nervous about the waste and not being able to eat my money's worth! But when we went with my cousins in 2011, we were all able to just enjoy what we wanted and ask for refills. So delicious! I'm sad that all the sauce options aren't available any longer.

Mama Snob's trick with the key was rather clever!

I LOVE THOSE CLUB FOOD PICTURES! I'd love to be able to get a plate or two of appetizers and fresh veggies and fruit as a quick snack then go relax and explore and return to eat some more! I've really only read about club level stuff from your TRs! It'd definitely be the kind of relaxing vacation instead of the commando type.

What a lovely character experience with Tiana especially the conversation about restaurants! I'm always timid about doing character meet and greets because of the talking, but if it's about food, I'm sure I could go on forever!

Aww, I think those wings are perfect even if they were meant for kids! It looks so realistic and not superimposed like the other Photopass magic shots.

The exploring of the resort seems like the perfect way to end your trip report especially with the discovery of the other lounge! How awesome would it be to stay there and have cupcakes available!!!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 06-23-2013, 09:22 PM   #522
kmrein
Mouseketeer

I think you might be in Disney right this very moment but I just wanted to post to say that once again, I loved reading your report. Thanks for sharing all your adventures and the fun video! I hope you're having a blast on your current trip and can't wait to read it!

1989-first trip (off-site); 1997/2011-Port Orleans FQ
2004/05/07/08/10/13-Fort Wilderness Campground
2010-Polynesian Resort

2012-Disneyland (Grand Californian/Paradise Pier)
2014-Art of Animation/Fort Wilderness split stay

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: